11-27-2012, 07:22 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello everyone, today im going to share and present to you the current on-going modification for Call Of Duty 4, For over the past two years i have been working on this project to try and make it the best as it can be, from what i have currently done now is no-were near my target for what it will become. If you would like to know some basic facts about this modification and what it is then please visit the following thread for Questions/Answers (some may need updating): You must login or register to view this content.

Last Updated: 12/12/13

As i promised i have moved this to the public section for regular members to see whats on offer for them and if they subscribe to elite shortly.

Now its news time, im going to break this thread down into sections for you to choose what you want to read.

Key:
Green - New/Updated
1A - Introduction
1B - Elite Information
1C - Regular User Information
1D - Gamemodes
1E - Maps
1F - Singleplayer
1G - Important information
1H - Credits
1I - Updates

1A - Introduction

Operation Storm is a Modification for Call Of Duty 4: Modern warfare, its PC only and will need to meet the specs of CoD4 to play.

1B - Elite Information

Elite subscribers (NGU) will have full access to the game, plus bonus features will be added on its release, you will have 10x more content than a regular user.

1C - Regular users

will be allowed access to the game at all times, the only restriction is that you wont have as much content as the elite subscribers (NGU), on its release you will have access to Two multiplayer maps, Two gametypes plus a bonus gametype, until the map list extends it will remain the same.

1D - Game modes

DeathMatch - Free for all, various maps including bonus small maps (like shipment) for DM only!

Team Deathmatch - Two teams, only one team wins, All maps (excluding bonus small maps)

Survival (player controlled) - new gamemode added just for fun, similar to MW3 but not ai controllable, 4 vs. 4

Heist - new gamemode, 4 players have to get access to the gold case before the other team kills you, once captured game ends, juganaut health added, 4 vs. 4

Zombies(player controlled) - New gamemode, 8 players survive rounds of endless zombies till that team dies

Gold - N/A

5 Flag Domination - Selective maps, 5 objectives to capture (extended from 3)

Rush - A single Search & Destroy bomb placed in the centre of the battlefield, defensive team has more power over the attackers

More to be announced...

1E - Maps

On its release we plan on doing 5 completed maps (read 1G for more info) for elite users, regular users will have 2 maps.

1F - Singleplayer

Singleplayer has a storyline and its currently under-going, this will be available as an add-on when its release.

Heres the final conclusion to this thread, this is what you will expect to see in this mod on its release and in the near future.

Animation (Dynamic) - The animation was a big focus in this mod, i have tried my best to overcome any errors i had run into, and i have which led to better solutions. Now my target was to bring real life actions to the game, and i have beat that target. When playing through selected maps you will now have the same feeling as if it was singleplayer, nearly every map will have an intermission, from getting dropped over from a helicopter to sitting in the back of a truck, or even riding a train, i have made it possible to do so. Not only that but the animation was also pushed further for moving objects (fly-bys) and touchable objects (such as doors,windows,secret holes and more) which can be used by everyone to explore many areas of the map.

Check Pointing (soon) - a major update will be made after a few maps are published, checkpoints will be placed each metre square of every map, this will help hot fixing map content, this would also give me access to spawning new items and objects.

Elite Users - You are the developer! each month we will be selecting out one map and gametype produced by you and uploading it to our server. not only that, we are chucking in a weapon testing arena, a forge room and a few other bits along the way. to allow users to be creative inside such a game.

Hot fixing, patches and moderation - our servers will be moderated every day to seek out any cheaters who are not playing the game correctly, we are very strict on our servers so please take note that anyone caught with any non-related modifications in any of the listed servers below will result in a suspension. Bugs will be hot fixed after 1.2 Update to reduce the chances of constantly downloading a map every fix. Below is a list of current bugs which will be monitored and delt with.

- Player to object collision (bouncing) will be prevented once found.
- RPG boost has been decreased.
- Elevators will still be in contact, but can be prevented easily.
- Stacking has been prevented.
- wall breaches are now rarely possible.

Updates - Once a new version of an update is released, you will have the option to not download it but you will have to sacrifice your online gameplay. Servers will be switched every update to prevent problems.

Servers - We will be running 2 servers (4 max) on its release, these will be dedicated and we are trying our hardest to push this server-sided, if it doesnt result in the way we want it, additional files will be downloaded (or run) from our server to lauch the game, a client UI is now availible to download from the website but wont have access for the time being since the servers are not up.

Server Listing:
#1 - Rotating map selection (regular)
#2 - fun gamemodes (regular)
#3 - Rotating map selection (elite)
#4 - fun gamemodes (elite)
+ Bonus?

Pricing - FREE, excluding elite access (no-profitable, just kept exclusive) is the only pre-payment you would need to access extra content.

1H - Credits

Everyone deserves credits for this, you`ve all taken part in the call of duty scene one time or the other, your name will be displayed in the official video credits on the mods release, anyways thanks for taking your time to read this and i hope to see you playing on our servers!

1I - Updates

28th March 2013

Operation Storm (Multiplayer) is now 60% complete. Please be aware that you may run into graphical and animation issues upon it's release, just report any minor bugs to me and i will fix them.

Currently Added
- Easter Eggs (selected few).
- More Animation.
- Currently undergoing a graphical test. [Passed]
- Several maps have been created.
- Serveral maps have been enlarged.
- Many glitches have been fixed.
- Explosive gameplay has now been added.
- Map Introduction text and description added.
- Interactive objects have now been imported.
- Trailer undergoing.
- Few UI changes. [Undergoing]
- A selected list of Vars have been blocked. [Passed]
- New gametype has been added.
- Singleplayer is still in process.
- 6 Maps have now been announced on its release.
- Cheat protection system now added, if player gets a great amount of experience in a certain period of time they will be detected and banned from the sever
- New equipment added (Mortar will be shown soon)
- Blackout is one of the few maps finally ready for its release
- 5 Flag Domination added to selective maps [blackout]
- Rush (SD) added to selective maps [blackout]
- Gold (new gametype) added, still undergoing tests.
- parachute's undergoing tests.
- Content pack 1 has been updated, few more maps have been added to the list and some have been removed
- Custom in-game battlechatter and command menu's are undergoing tests
- Possible co-operative gamemode may be added, undergoing
- Real-time weather has been added, this can vary.

As of 12/12/13:

- Anti-Cheat system updated; elevators, bounces, stacking or projectile jumps have now been prevented
- Infected gametype added (with a bonus tweak)
- One in the chamber gametype added
- Sniper Only gametype added
- Knife Only gametype added
- Juggernaut (aka. armored) gametype added
- Gun Game gametype added
- graphics have now been tweaked
- randomise system added
- Bonus maps (5+) undergoing
- Destructible objects have been improved
- UI is currently undergoing
- Blackout is sectioned so depending on which gametype you're playing on you will be re-located to a new area (e.g tdm is in the centre, snd is on the hillside)

You must login or register to view this content.

NOTE: The maps above in the picture have now been updated, the screenshots were taken a few months back.

Sneak preview of the enhanced graphics and lighting on the singleplayer map "Daybreak"

any opinions on improvement are welcome! Smile

CodGlitcher (Uk_ViiPeR),
CEO of Minus Creations.
(company not trademarked)
Last edited by Uk_ViiPeR ; 12-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.

The following 51 users say thank you to Uk_ViiPeR for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon, 19kylegreer96, Adam™, AlphaPoppy, AMNE, AndreeU, YouAppreciateMe, Carbon0x, Choco, CleanMODSHD, Complete Speed, Elk, FourzerotwoFAILS, FruitBurst, Gian_, Harry, Heaney, hibye3, imD, Ingloreusemodz, IVI40A3Fusionz, Jacob-And-Britt, Jake, Jeremy, Karoolus, kiwikool, Lovol, .James, M QTR, Mr.Amitoz, Newelly, Lopez., ohhImpreza, Jango, redbullmasta, ICS Vortex, SC58, Sean - LFC, Sirprizer, Taylor, Taylors Bish, tylerallmighty, Vampytwistッ, Vectriixx, riggstq, xePixTvx, Zuraa
12-04-2012, 10:56 AM #29
Originally posted by nay View Post
how much did you pay for your server? i want one Smile

i think it was £30 first month, then £60 for the following months for dedi.
12-04-2012, 11:24 PM #30
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by ViiPeR View Post
i think it was £30 first month, then £60 for the following months for dedi.

fucking hell quite a bit overall then... i need to start earning before i waste money, need a job.
12-04-2012, 11:27 PM #31
nay1995
The Master
hello everyone, today im going to share and present to you the current on-going modification for Call Of Duty 4, For over the past two years i have been working on this project to try and make it the best as it can be, from what i have currently done now is no-were near my target for what it will become. If you would like to know some basic facts about this modification and what it is then please visit the following thread for Questions/Answers (some may need updating)[elite members only]: You must login or register to view this content.

Last Updated: 03/12/12

As i promised i have moved this to the public section for regular members to see whats on offer for them and if they subscribe to elite shortly.

Now its news time, im going to break this thread down into sections for you to choose what you want to read.

Key:
1A - Introduction
1B - Elite Information
1C - Regular User Information
1D - Gamemodes
1E - Maps
1F - Singleplayer
1H - Credits

1A - Introduction

Operation Storm is a Modification for Call Of Duty 4: Modern warfare, its PC only and will need to meet the specs of CoD4 to play.

1B - Elite Information

Elite subscribers (NGU) will have full access to the game, plus bonus features will be added on its release, you will have 10x more content than a regular user.

1C - Regular users

will be allowed access to the game at all times, the only restriction is that you wont have as much content as the elite subscribers (NGU), on its release you will have access to Two multiplayer maps, Two gametypes plus a bonus gametype, until the map list extends it will remain the same.

1D - Game modes

DeathMatch - Free for all, various maps including bonus small maps (like shipment) for DM only!

Team Deathmatch - Two teams, only one team wins, All maps (excluding bonus small maps)

Survival (player controlled) - new gamemode added just for fun, similar to MW3 but not ai controllable, 4 vs. 4.

Heist - new gamemode, 4 players have to get access to the gold case before the other team kills you, once captured game ends, juganaut health added, 4 vs. 4.

Zombies(player controlled) - New gamemode, 8 players survive rounds of endless zombies till that team dies.

Gold - N/A

More to be announced...

1E - Maps

On its release we plan on doing 5 completed maps (read 1G for more info) for elite users, regular users will have 2 maps.

Mapname: Forest
Size: Extra Small
Gamtypes: DM only
Desc: Small crash site inside a forest, good for close fire.
Objective: Survive and dominate

Mapname: Down town
Size: Large
Gamtypes: TDM,DM,Survival,Zombies (N/A)
Desc: Large open town with many secrets to be found.
Objective: Survive and dominate

1F - Singleplayer

Singleplayer has a storyline and its currently under-going, this will be available as an add-on when its release.

Heres the final conclusion to this thread, this is what you will expect to see in this mod on its release and in the near future.

Animation - The animation was a big focus in this mod, i have tried my best to overcome any errors i had run into, and i have which led to better solutions. Now my target was to bring real life actions to the game, and i have beat that target. When playing through selected maps you will now have the same feeling as if it was singleplayer, nearly every map will have an intermission, from getting dropped over from a helicopter to sitting in the back of a truck, or even riding a train, i have made it possible to do so. Not only that but the animation was also pushed further for moving objects (fly-bys) and touchable objects (such as doors,windows,secret holes and more) which can be used by everyone to explore many areas of the map.

Check Pointing (soon) - a major update will be made after a few maps are published, checkpoints will be placed each metre square of every map, this will help hot fixing map content, this would also give me access to spawning new items and objects.

Elite Users - You are the developer! each month we will be selecting out one map and gametype produced by you and uploading it to our server. not only that, we are chucking in a weapon testing arena, a forge room and a few other bits along the way. to allow users to be creative inside such a game.

Hot fixing, patches and moderation - our servers will be moderated every day to seek out any cheaters who are not playing the game correctly, we are very strict on our servers so please take note that anyone caught with any non-related modifications in any of the listed servers below will result in a suspension. Bugs will be hot fixed after 1.2 Update to reduce the chances of constantly downloading a map every fix. Below is a list of current bugs which will be monitored and delt with.

- Player to object collision (bouncing) will be prevented once found.
- RPG boost has been decreased.
- Elevators will still be in contact, but can be prevented easily.
- Stacking has been prevented.
- wall breaches are now rarely possible.

Updates - Once a new version of an update is released, you will have the option to not download it but you will have to sacrifice your online gameplay. Servers will be switched every update to prevent problems.

Servers - We will be running 2 servers (4 max) on its release, these will be dedicated and we are trying our hardest to push this server-sided, if it doesnt result in the way we want it additional files will be downloaded (or run) from our server to lauch the game, a client UI is now availible to download from the website but wont have access for the time being since the servers are not up.

Server Listing:
#1 - Rotating map selection (regular)
#2 - fun gamemodes (regular)
#3 - Rotating map selection (elite)
#4 - fun gamemodes (elite)
+ Bonus?

Pricing - FREE, excluding elite access (no-profitable, just kept exclusive) is the only pre-payment you would need to pay for extra content.

1H - Credits

Everyone deserves credits for this, you`ve all taken part in the call of duty scene one time or the other, your name will be displayed in the official video credits on the mods release, anyways thanks for taking your time to read this and i hope to see you playing on our servers!

any opinions on improvement are welcome! Smile

CodGlitcher (Uk_ViiPeR),
CEO of Minus Creations.
(company not trademarked)

just a suggestion, do a contest over 2 months where users have to create maps, all maps get sent to you, then you choose the best map and put it onto the game? just a suggestion.
12-04-2012, 11:45 PM #32
Newelly
Can’t trickshot me!
Something i'm glad i've taken part of. The little effort I put in when you needed the help makes me proud to say I helped what an amazing result, does this come with the moving *cough* thing *cough* Winky Winky

Excellent work dude!
12-05-2012, 06:24 PM #33
Originally posted by nay View Post
just a suggestion, do a contest over 2 months where users have to create maps, all maps get sent to you, then you choose the best map and put it onto the game? just a suggestion.

theres already a contest going on which is exactly the same but for each month as ive stated.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Originally posted by Newelly
Something i'm glad i've taken part of. The little effort I put in when you needed the help makes me proud to say I helped what an amazing result, does this come with the moving *cough* thing *cough* Winky Winky

Excellent work dude!

yes it does, plus adding a few more 'things' too Winky Winky

The following user thanked Uk_ViiPeR for this useful post:

Newelly
12-06-2012, 12:28 AM #34
nay1995
The Master
theres already a contest going on which is exactly the same but for each month as ive stated.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

yes it does, plus adding a few more 'things' too Winky Winky

oh lol sounds good, after i finish bo2 ile finish my map Smile
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM #35
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
it looks amazing bro !
i'd LOVE to give it a try sometime Winky Winky

The following user thanked Karoolus for this useful post:

Uk_ViiPeR
12-08-2012, 11:13 AM #36
.James
Who’s Jim Erased?
Daang man I remember you first mentioning this, you're doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
12-11-2012, 01:06 AM #37
This is just EPIC ! o.o

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo