01-13-2013, 01:42 PM #1
Dr. Tiga
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone, I just wanted to clear something up about CoD MW. I have seen many post regarding mod menus and mods not working on the downloaded version of the game.

CoD MW [From the Psn store]
If you have bought CoD MW from the Psn store, then you are not going to be able to have mods in the game, except if you own a jailbroken Ps 3. You wonder why that is ? Quite simply because Activision included the latest patch of the game, the one that removed most dvars, in the game files. You have to bypass the latest patch to be able to have mods, which currently does not work. Like mentioned above a Jailbroken Ps3 is the only way right now to have access to modified game content.

CoD MW [Disc]
Now if you came here with the disc version of the game , then your in luck. To be able to use mods, you have to first download Elite Mossy's Patch Blocker. Just goggle search it. Also download the mod menu or whatever you want to use. Next go to the Game Data Utility and look for the CoD MW game data. This will have to be deleted. Now put the mod you downloaded onto a thumb drive and transfer it onto the playstation. Open the patch blocker on your pc and go to the internet settings on your ps. Set everything up as usual until you come to the proxy setting. Select manual and choose the ip that the patch blocker is showing. DO NOT TEST THE INTERNET, just skip the testing and sign into Psn. Now just start the game and you should be able to use your mods. Note that your friends can only join if they have the same patch as you which means they also have to follow these steps.

So i hope this clears the whole , "Why do the mods not work" thing up, and helps those people to understand why and how to set everything up. If you have the Psn version and want mods without jailbreak, the only option is to buy a disc version :(.

~Ghostrecon

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo