11-25-2011, 05:26 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i would like to know how to add themes to my projects

i use c++ mainly.(not sure if that matters)

what i would like is like a button that says themes and has a couple different gui themes
for my program.

can anyone help?

also as a bonus could anyone show me how to connect a linklabel to a website
i'm sure it's simple but i feel /facepalm today
Last edited by Docko412 ; 11-25-2011 at 05:29 PM.
11-25-2011, 05:43 PM #2
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by howcoolisthat View Post
i would like to know how to add themes to my projects

i use c++ mainly.(not sure if that matters)

what i would like is like a button that says themes and has a couple different gui themes
for my program.

can anyone help?

also as a bonus could anyone show me how to connect a linklabel to a website
i'm sure it's simple but i feel /facepalm today

What GUI framework/kit are you using, and what do you mean by themes?

Also, for the linklabel, just go into the clicked event handler for the linklabel and add:
    System:Happyiagnostics::Process::Start("https://www.microsoft.com");
Last edited by Epic? ; 11-25-2011 at 05:46 PM.
11-25-2011, 05:48 PM #3
Originally posted by Epic
What GUI framework/kit are you using?

Also, for the linklabel, just go into the clicked event handler for the linklabel and add:

idk really know it's visual studio 2010 c++ clr windows form application i have .net framework 4.0
11-26-2011, 04:08 AM #4
There's no way your programming in C++, let alone any C Objective if you don't know how to do the basic's. Not to be mean, but don't lie about your level of programming. Be honest, we dont judge.
11-26-2011, 05:57 PM #5
Originally posted by Team
There's no way your programming in C++, let alone any C Objective if you don't know how to do the basic's. Not to be mean, but don't lie about your level of programming. Be honest, we dont judge.

ummm what do you mean because of the linklabel thing. i had just forgot what it was because i haven't been on windows in forever. and didn't feel like looking it up.
as for programming in c++ that's not really a level. /facepalm
any c objective? that doesn't make since. /facepalm
heres part of my source code for my program:You must login or register to view this content. it's just a simple notepad so i can add a theme changer to it. /facepalm
and also i never lie. stare
11-26-2011, 06:08 PM #6
1st. I was referring C++ as an upper level, because most business's use it stare

2nd. C Objective is the basic programming base of C#, C++, vb.net stare

3rd. I can help stare

4th. Did you lie, about not lyeing? stare
11-26-2011, 06:17 PM #7
Originally posted by Epic
What GUI framework/kit are you using, and what do you mean by themes?

oh and by themes i mean umm. like this
You must login or register to view this content.
and
You must login or register to view this content.
perhaps its skins not themes idk.
but you see how horizon looks different than a standard program and how
the gpd mod looks as well
i just need to be able to switch between like two different ones or more. you know?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

1st. I was referring C++ as an upper level, because most business's use it stare

3rd. I can help stare

no i did not lie
and actually c is what influenced c++ as c++ was originally going to be c with classes
and c++ influenced c#
and i also believe it's objective-c and alls objective-c does is add a small talk style messaging.
also if you can help then help me with doing a theme changer or skin changer.
11-26-2011, 06:49 PM #8
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring

3rd. I can help stare

To address your 2nd point, "C Objective" is not a thing. Objective-C is a language, primarily used on Mac/Apple systems, as I don't have a Mac, I don't know much about it, but I've heard it's based off the C and Smalltalk programming languages. C++ is also based off C, and came out at around the same time Objective-C did - during the 1980s.

Visual Basic .NET was effectively the upgrade of Visual Basic to the .NET framework, of course, many other languages were also based off Visual Basic. C# was primarily created for use on the CLR and the .NET framework (though not originally planned in its early development phases). C# was widely considered to be "Java-like" ("was" was incorrect word-choice, it actually still is considered to be Microsoft's version of Java), though the creators of C# argue that it's mostly similar to, and based off of, C++. In reality, it was based off many languages such as C, C++, Java, Delphi, and Smalltalk, however it also molded quite well into a language of its own.

As for your 1st point (and I know I'm going out of order), most businesses do not use C++. Personally, I do not program in C++ because I am not a masochist, however, a while back, when I was learning C, a few of the books involved C++ at the end, which is where I got bits and pieces of the language. I'd say that C++ is actually declining in popularity and usage in the business (and casual/hobbyist) world - it's harder to use, harder to learn, and more time-consuming to program in than newer languages. Aside from difficulty for the programmer, the pluses for programming in C++ are virtually 0, and at that, are easily refutable.
Last edited by Epic? ; 11-26-2011 at 07:00 PM.
11-26-2011, 06:56 PM #9
C Objective is the "region" of programming languages....

I took 4 classes on programming stare
11-26-2011, 07:09 PM #10
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
C Objective is the "region" of programming languages....

I took 4 classes on programming stare

You obviously didn't learn much in said classes. C Objective is not what they're called, and to group all those languages into a "bundle" is ridiculous anyways (though admittedly, they are occasionally referred to as C-like, though I don't see how or why VB.NET would fit into that bundle). Either you weren't paying attention or you had a sucky professor. Sorry for the bad news.

If you'd like you can always cite a couple of sources! Then you might have a better chance at being believed.

The following user thanked Epic? for this useful post:

Pichu

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo