08-02-2015, 04:20 AM #1
Code
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I thought this might help some people, basically this can be used for a variety of things, but today I'm going to use an xml document with login details, beware though, this is defiantly not safe for a login system since anybody can access the file :p. First we want to start a new c# project in visual studios, then we want to add these to the top of the programs code-

Using System.Net;
Using System.IO;
Using System.Xml;
Using System.Xml.Linq;

Then after "public form1() { }" we want to add this-

XmlDocument Xml = new XmlDocument()

So now we have a new xml document, we can start using it. I'm going to load the xml on a button click, but you can also do it on the form load if you want it to refresh every time it's opened.

So I'm going to add a button to my form (in the designer) and double click it and add this-

Xml.Load(https://www.yourwebsite.com/yourxmlfile.xml) //add your xml link here, can also point to an xml file on the users computer

For this example, I'm going to have an xml file written like this-

<testxml>
<Login Username="Skyrocket" Key="1234"></Login>
<Login Username="DangeeJ" Key="4321"></Login>
</testxml>

Ok so we've created the xml file and opened it, now we need to get each node attribute, so we add this inside the button aswell-

XmlNodeList Login = Xml.GetElementByTagName("Login"); //gets everything inside <login>

Foreach (XmlNode node in Login)
{
String user = node.Attributes["UserName"].Value; //gets the value of username=

String Key =node.Attributes["Key"].Value;

And that's really it, now we just check whether the key & username matches another string, for this example I'm using 2 text boxes, so a basic login page. Add this-

If (user == textBox1.Text && Key == textBox2.Text)
{
MessageBox.Show("Logged In");
}

So basically what this does, is checks whether the value of Username and Key equals the same as both text boxes.

Like I said earlier, this is most defiantly a good idea for a login system, since anybody can access the xml file and steal users logins. MySQL etc is a much better alternative for that.

Xml reading has endless possibilities of what can be done with it, things such as custom key input, custom settings etc can be used within a local xml file which the user can edit.

Well that's about it! If I forgot anything, please do notify me since I created this thread on my phone (I'm sure some bits aren't fully c&p'able :p)

A̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶f̶i̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶

finally got around to uploading a source Needa

You must login or register to view this content.

Last edited by Code ; 08-08-2015 at 07:43 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Code for this useful post:

Chen Madhala, SQUID-EYE
08-02-2015, 07:47 PM #2
divxea
Haxor!
Source please
08-03-2015, 03:28 AM #3
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by divxea View Post
Source please

Pretty sure that is what he just posted.
08-03-2015, 03:24 PM #4
Ali
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by skyrockett View Post
Well I thought this might help some people, basically this can be used for a variety of things, but today I'm going to use an xml document with login details, beware though, this is defiantly not safe for a login system since anybody can access the file :p. First we want to start a new c# project in visual studios, then we want to add these to the top of the programs code-

Using System.Net;
Using System.IO;
Using System.Xml;
Using System.Xml.Linq;

Then after "public form1() { }" we want to add this-

XmlDocument Xml = new XmlDocument()

So now we have a new xml document, we can start using it. I'm going to load the xml on a button click, but you can also do it on the form load if you want it to refresh every time it's opened.

So I'm going to add a button to my form (in the designer) and double click it and add this-

Xml.Load(https://www.yourwebsite.com/yourxmlfile.xml) //add your xml link here, can also point to an xml file on the users computer

For this example, I'm going to have an xml file written like this-

<testxml>
<Login Username="Skyrocket" Key="1234"></Login>
<Login Username="DangeeJ" Key="4321"></Login>
</testxml>

Ok so we've created the xml file and opened it, now we need to get each node attribute, so we add this inside the button aswell-

XmlNodeList Login = Xml.GetElementByTagName("Login"); //gets everything inside <login>

Foreach (XmlNode node in Login)
{
String user = node.Attributes["UserName"].Value; //gets the value of username=

String Key =node.Attributes["Key"].Value;

And that's really it, now we just check whether the key & username matches another string, for this example I'm using 2 text boxes, so a basic login page. Add this-

If (user == textBox1.Text && Key == textBox2.Text)
{
MessageBox.Show("Logged In");
}

So basically what this does, is checks whether the value of Username and Key equals the same as both text boxes.

Like I said earlier, this is most defiantly a good idea for a login system, since anybody can access the xml file and steal users logins. MySQL etc is a much better alternative for that.

Xml reading has endless possibilities of what can be done with it, things such as custom key input, custom settings etc can be used within a local xml file which the user can edit.

Well that's about it! If I forgot anything, please do notify me since I created this thread on my phone (I'm sure some bits aren't fully c&p'able :p)

An example source will be uploaded soon once I get my wifi back up and running, but that should be within the coming days Happy

Thanks Skyrockett, always a post to help us beginners xD
08-08-2015, 07:36 AM #5
Code
Banned
Heres an example project which reads a key and a name from an xml file and checks it Kryptus

images-

Last edited by Code ; 08-08-2015 at 07:40 AM.

The following user thanked Code for this useful post:

Ciri
08-10-2015, 07:26 PM #6
Thanks Kryptus

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo