05-02-2013, 04:34 AM #1
badiban
YouTube.com/BadiBanHD/
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm debating between two laptops. Both models are exactly the same except for the memory. Since I render videos, I figured the HDD would be more ideal, but I like the idea of a quiet and faster computer with the SDD. The SDD version is also $100 cheaper. Also, the HDD version says it comes with 32GB of SSD storage, which I am not sure how that would work, so if you could explain that, I'd really appreciate it! Smile

So, what would you do in this situation? What are the advantages of getting each one?
05-02-2013, 05:03 AM #2
Originally posted by badiban View Post
I'm debating between two laptops. Both models are exactly the same except for the memory. Since I render videos, I figured the HDD would be more ideal, but I like the idea of a quiet and faster computer with the SDD. The SDD version is also $100 cheaper. Also, the HDD version says it comes with 32GB of SSD storage, which I am not sure how that would work, so if you could explain that, I'd really appreciate it! Smile

So, what would you do in this situation? What are the advantages of getting each one?

go with 500 with 32gb the 32gb will either be used for the os or for caching which will speed up read and write speeds of your hdd , which later could be replaced with something else . the 32gb ssd is a msata spot most likely as they are small
05-02-2013, 05:36 AM #3
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by badiban View Post
I'm debating between two laptops. Both models are exactly the same except for the memory. Since I render videos, I figured the HDD would be more ideal, but I like the idea of a quiet and faster computer with the SDD. The SDD version is also $100 cheaper. Also, the HDD version says it comes with 32GB of SSD storage, which I am not sure how that would work, so if you could explain that, I'd really appreciate it! Smile

The way it works is just like if you create more partitions on your system.

Go with the 500gb HDD and the 32GB of SSD.

If you are rendering, you can render the video onto the SSD which, should be, much faster than the HDD.

SSD is more reliable than the HDD but to get a lot of storage on them, it's currently expensive.

The laptop that I am looking at is 1144$, has 1tb of HDD space and 32gb of SSD.
05-02-2013, 09:06 AM #4
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
The way it works is just like if you create more partitions on your system.

Go with the 500gb HDD and the 32GB of SSD.

If you are rendering, you can render the video onto the SSD which, should be, much faster than the HDD.

SSD is more reliable than the HDD but to get a lot of storage on them, it's currently expensive.

The laptop that I am looking at is 1144$, has 1tb of HDD space and 32gb of SSD.

Don't render onto an SSD. Even the most expensive SSDs have write limits that you'll hit within a year or two if you're doing things like rendering to them (not to mention there'd actually be no performance increase there whatsoever).

HDDs are better than SSDs in the sense that once they die, data can be recovered. The same isn't true of SSDs. As good as SSDs are, they have drawbacks.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo