12-07-2015, 07:26 AM #1
Astruhh
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
I have a 3.5k budget for a computer.

My current build for the pc: You must login or register to view this content.
But I feel it lacks something, if anyone with vast knowledge around building computers could help that'd be great.
I'm not sure what to upgrade if anything needs to be upgraded.
Must have: 32gb ram
and atleast 1tb of memory. I was thinking: You must login or register to view this content.
but if there's a better one, please let me know.
Also, need help with the CPU cooler. Thanks
12-07-2015, 07:58 PM #2
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
1200W is unneccessary. You'd only need 1200W if you were running 3-4 overclocked GPUs, which I would never recommend because of diminishing returns. If you get four GTX 980 TI, you won't get four times the performance. Most games don't scale well with multi-GPU configs. Two GPUs is the most I would ever go with.

If you use two AMD GPUs, I'd recommend 1000W minimum.
If you use two NVIDIA GPUs, I'd recommend 850W minimum.

I personally would never invest in a 1200W PSU because I'm never going to install 3 or more GPUs.

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($372.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($119.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($113.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (2-Way SLI) ($616.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (2-Way SLI) ($616.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. ($120.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2489.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-07 14:55 EST-0500

The following user thanked Rawr for this useful post:

Toke
12-09-2015, 02:23 AM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
1200W is unneccessary. You'd only need 1200W if you were running 3-4 overclocked GPUs, which I would never recommend because of diminishing returns. If you get four GTX 980 TI, you won't get four times the performance. Most games don't scale well with multi-GPU configs. Two GPUs is the most I would ever go with.

If you use two AMD GPUs, I'd recommend 1000W minimum.
If you use two NVIDIA GPUs, I'd recommend 850W minimum.

I personally would never invest in a 1200W PSU because I'm never going to install 3 or more GPUs.

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($372.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($119.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($113.99 @ Amazon)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. ($120.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2489.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-07 14:55 EST-0500

Dank rig/10 would waste money on, needs a better case Cus r5 is peasant compared to its raw power. That beast needs a full tower lian li or a in win frame case
12-10-2015, 07:07 AM #4
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Dank rig/10 would waste money on, needs a better case Cus r5 is peasant compared to its raw power. That beast needs a full tower lian li or a in win frame case

Me personally, I like a simple case. I don't care for crazy curves/angles, color accents, or anything like that. I just want the case to have a layout that makes sense and be easy to build in.

If I were to get a full tower, I'd get a Phanteks Enthoo.
Last edited by Rawr ; 12-10-2015 at 07:09 AM.
12-10-2015, 11:50 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
Me personally, I like a simple case. I don't care for crazy curves/angles, color accents, or anything like that. I just want the case to have a layout that makes sense and be easy to build in.

If I were to get a full tower, I'd get a Phanteks Enthoo.

That's what I have without a window. Ok case it makes my 290 look small. Bad airflow from front fan with a cage removed. I also said full tower lian li which are what my next build will use

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo