03-15-2016, 01:02 AM #1
AgentJon
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Kinda need some help buying a laptop.

Not trying to spend too much, $400 at the most.
Don't want a mac or chrome bullshit.
Don't care about brand just don't want it to be Toshitba.
Built in bluetooth is highly wanted.
Touchscreen not a must but cool to have.
I'm using 266GB of my harddrive (1TB) right now so I guess 350 would be good enough.
Screensize doesn't matter.
Probably want at least 8GB of RAM.

I would be using it for music recording & editing, along with movie editing.
Obviously various browsing & multitasking things....

I found this one:
You must login or register to view this content.

Reviews seem pretty good, what y'all think?
03-15-2016, 01:05 AM #2
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by Agentjon View Post
Kinda need some help buying a laptop.

I'm using 266GB of my harddrive (1TB) right now so I guess 350 would be good enough.

I found this one:

this is pretty good laptop, but it all depends on what u want it for, like for school this is almost perfect

The following user thanked Jon Snow for this useful post:

AgentJon
03-15-2016, 08:02 PM #3
AgentJon
Former Staff
Originally posted by Star View Post
this is pretty good laptop, but it all depends on what u want it for, like for school this is almost perfect

I just got a pre-amp for recording music, I do some softcore video editing from time to time. I multitask a lot.
I've been told SSD's are the way to go, but I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.
03-15-2016, 11:58 PM #4
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
I just got a pre-amp for recording music, I do some softcore video editing from time to time. I multitask a lot.
I've been told SSD's are the way to go, but I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

oh ok thats not too bad tbh but i would recommend get something with intel processor, maybe a i5 quadcore if possible with dedcation vram, but still the laptop you've posted can get the job done.
03-18-2016, 12:12 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race

if your recording and multi tasking i'd spend more then $400 m8 id spend maybe around 6 to get a base i7 and like 8gb of ram

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

AgentJon
03-18-2016, 04:01 PM #6
Kinda need some help buying a laptop.

I found this one:

Thread moved to PC Builds, also I like how you are thinking if you are keeping it cheap like that... lenovos cant be so bad these days I dont know personally but I had friends that hated theirs haha.
03-20-2016, 08:07 PM #7
AgentJon
Former Staff
Originally posted by Toke View Post
if your recording and multi tasking i'd spend more then $400 m8 id spend maybe around 6 to get a base i7 and like 8gb of ram

Originally posted by Star View Post
oh ok thats not too bad tbh but i would recommend get something with intel processor, maybe a i5 quadcore if possible with dedcation vram, but still the laptop you've posted can get the job done.

Thanks for the responses, I'm really interested in this whole SSD thing. I realize I'm going to have to spend more than I wanted but whatever let's just throw price out the window for a second.
This might be the most retarded thought ever, or the best one. If I were to get a new laptop with a built in SSD, is it possible to remove my HDD from my own laptop and make it external for my new one?
03-20-2016, 08:10 PM #8
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Thanks for the responses, I'm really interested in this whole SSD thing. I realize I'm going to have to spend more than I wanted but whatever let's just throw price out the window for a second.
This might be the most retarded thought ever, or the best one. If I were to get a new laptop with a built in SSD, is it possible to remove my HDD from my own laptop and make it external for my new one?

yea that is possible, u can def use it car a external hdd but i would really recommend but u can

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo