Post: Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition (BLES01765) need help with modifying offsets
04-23-2020, 11:04 AM #1
Mik_
Gobble
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU community, I'm posting this thread to ask for help to the experienced modders out there since I'm a noob myself. I'm also sorry if I'm posting this into the wrong section, it's my first thread on NGU. Now down to business:
I would ask of anybody with experience in PKG and HEX modding to edit an offset in Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, possibly BLES01765 update 1.09 (I seem to recall people mentioning the offsets change between games from different regions and versions). The particular offset I'm interested in is the one that maxes Stats, Defense and Resistances.
According to an user on NGU, the offset would be *0 0198C76C 49000000* but this is for BLUS30782 v1.05. (source: https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/popular-classic-games/863858-anyone-know-dark-souls-1-offsets.html). This user's last access was 4 years ago, and it seems he/she was banned from the site, so I have no means to contact him/her directly, hence why I'm posting here in case anyone else has a solution. Also, according to an user that goes by the name "jgduff", the code patterns for DS1 were created by the users 정지혜, Dron_3, Skiller & Medo. Any assistance from said users would be of enormous help!
However, I would be interested in an edited version of the offset where Stats, Defense and Resistances are still maxed out, all except the ATK stats (Right and Left hand, slot 1 and 2). It's no fun to OHKO every enemy and boss, and I would greatly appreciate anyone who could fix this for me, if it's even possible. I've tried to dig up the values myself by going through the records in the modified PKG's EBOOT.BIN file using HxD, but I can't find a match and like I mentioned in the beginning of the post, I'm a total noob when it comes to PS3 modding (I got my first CFW console only a couple months ago). I would also appreciate it if anyone was willing to explain me the basics to find the value in question and edit it though, so that I could get to a starting point and proceed to do the work myself. I would gladly share the requested offset with the community, should I find it working.
Thank you for your time, and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any workaround in mind.
Cheers, bl4zin (Mik_)

Edit: fixed source link (damn phone cut a chunk of it out) and spelling corrections.
Last edited by Mik_ ; 04-23-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo