02-10-2010, 01:36 PM #1
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); NOTE: THIS IS NOT FLAMING. THIS IS NOT ME SAYING ANY CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER. PLEASE DO NOT FLAME ME FOR MY OPINONS

Why do Xbox users not want M.A.G? Could it be just another one of those games that cause gargantuous (I love that word) amounts of hype, and then turn out to be a waste of your time and money? Voice your opinons in the form of a comment. I would be intested to hear them. Smile

You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
Well, congratulations Playstation 3 owners, MAG has finally been out for a bit and admittedly, I’m still not sure how I feel about it. The prospect of games totaling 256 players is intriguing, but should we as 360 owners catch a case of the Green-Eyed Monster and feel some kind of envy? The short answer is no, at least for now. First and foremost, the Xbox 360 community isn’t currently hurting for an amalgamation of multiplayer games. While it already goes without saying that the 360 has a dominatingly large library of games, it seems the desire may not quite be there yet for massive multiplayer titles. Also, anyone who has played online will be well aware of the quality of teammates met randomly. Unfortunately, this immediately rules out a significant amount of the objective based combat that MAG revolves around. In the meantime, what’s already being played on Xbox Live has a dominating presence and those games being played don’t necessarily cater to the style that MAG is offering. The currently obtainable multiplayer titles that are most popular on Xbox Live, oddly enough are those that have significantly smaller player counts. Furthermore, these modes don’t necessarily pit player against player so much as players versus the environment. If you disagree with our opinion click here to head over to our forums and sound off with passion.

Gears of War 2, upon release, offered something that many players had been raving for on Xbox LIVE for a very long time, a co-op experience that grouped players together against an increasingly difficult enemy. While co-op play had been done previously, with 4-player co-op being present in Halo 3, Gears of War 2 offered this in the form of a singular multiplayer mode. Not only could you play on a very large amount of maps, but you could enjoy the mode with up to four other players for a total of five. An odd number? Yes, but five players against wave after wave of Locust eventually made sense to just about everyone.

Alternatively, Halo 3: ODST expanded on this game type with their own Firefight mode which allowed up to four players to stand their ground against innumerable waves of Covenant. As with Horde mode, this co-operative play still supplied the competitive edge of players while removing the inevitable result of players flaming eachother in player versus player modes.
In my eyes, MAG is just another one of those games that is very similar to every other FPS game on the planet. The only thing that makes it differ from the rest of the pack is the fact that it holds a substaintially large amount of players in each lobby.
But at what sacrifice is this single addition? Very low frame rate, poor graphics and bad playability.

PLEASE realise that I am not flaming. I have played a lot of the PS3. I, personally, think it is the better console. However, I can't buy one because I don't have enough money. Realise that my argument is that even if I could buy a PS3, I don't think I would buy MAG for it purely because I am not willing to give up excellent frame-rate/graphics/playability solely for a couple of hundred more players in the matches. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my rant! Happy
Please comment on this, as I really would like to hear what you guys have to say. Do you agree or disagree with my comments? Are all Xbox exclusives better than PS3 ones?
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 02-10-2010 at 05:05 PM.
02-10-2010, 01:58 PM #2
lol thats a lot but i would like to try mag
02-10-2010, 02:03 PM #3
Tbh i do have a ps3 aswell as xbox, but i do prefer the online on xbox 360 because its much more smoother. And i have played MAG (Beta) and i thought it was shit :/
02-10-2010, 03:38 PM #4
u played the BETA, u didnt have access to everything that was offered in the game, a beta cant be judged for the full game, thats like reading 3 pages out of moby dick and saying GARBAGE. and how is xbox 360 any smoother than ps3? a majority of games are NOT dedicated servers, they are player hosted in some manner..therefore leaving personal internet to be tested. and i hated mag demo, i bought the game, and sure enough, i grew on it, i thought it would be some useless tactic game that campers would love and pour into, but the game actually offers a nice blend of rushers and minimal campers, the lvl system is neat, and the wep upgrades gotta be chosen appropriately...its a fun game, and worth a 2nd look to all the ONLY BETA users

The following user thanked *Spandex* for this useful post:

bigfishbad
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM #5
Why would you not want MAG. You made this thread cause your jelous you cant even hold 64players never mind 256. We have better games Uncharted 2 betas all your frkin games and if your looking for gore dont forget god of war 3 is coming out. PS3 is better it has better games and you know it. You do what MAG its amazing all gears of war is, is Fkin lag. All my m8s at school have xbox's but have bought ps3s for MAG and love it. They all want it on Xbox but though ps3 offers better games so traded there xbox in to buy some games
02-10-2010, 04:53 PM #6
Aule
{([<Milk>])}
You are comparing 256 competitve to 4-5 coop. Once, if, the xbox can run a 128+ player game, then your argument might be valid.
02-10-2010, 05:10 PM #7
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
Originally posted by Aule View Post
You are comparing 256 competitve to 4-5 coop. Once, if, the xbox can run a 128+ player game, then your argument might be valid.

But I'm actually not. I am saying that i am not willing to give up all the things I love in FPS games purely so I can play with a couple of hundred more people in a game. I went on to say that I thought 4-5 was the best number of people to have in a single multiplayer session because it greatly reduces the chances that there will be flaming of other players or any major lag issues.
Please realise I am NOT flaming here, just trying to get my opinions of multiplayer games accross.
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM #8
LTBadBoy
Camel Toe
Nobody knew about MAG so there was no hype. But this title has turned out to be a sleeper hit! It's just got addicting gameplay which I havent experienced since RSV2! And how can you not afford a PS3? You can get them brand new for the same price as an Xbox 360 Elite in some shops.
02-10-2010, 05:15 PM #9
I've got a PS3 and I have not played the mag Beta but i don't want MAG, one of my friends who has a 360 say's he'd love to get mag but can't cuz of console. But from what im hearing it's a shit game.
02-10-2010, 05:26 PM #10
i've nvr played mag..is it THAT bad on xbox?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo