02-13-2010, 10:48 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Originally posted by another user
PS3-Sense writes: ''It seems he finally did it. George Hotz, also knows as GeoHot, has hacked the PlayStation 3. A while ago he released the PlayStation 3 exploit on his blog because he needed help from the community. He tweeted on his twitter page (twitter.com/geohot) that he PS3 is 100% hacked. So does this means we'll see homebrew on the PS3? Or illegal games? Let's hope it stays at homebrew only.

Quote: ''Today I validated my theories about running the isolated SPUs on the PS3 as crypto engines. The PS3 is 100% hacked. So where my homebrew at?''

George Hotz Twitter (English): You must login or register to view this content.

Latest Blog Post by Hotz adressing todays breakthrough: You must login or register to view this content.

Via: You must login or register to view this content.

Well we've heard it all before from Geohotz, but now he claims a '100%' hack, we could well see some proper hacked material on the PS3 very soon. Personally I hope it doesn't work, for fear of games being ruined, but thats just me.
02-14-2010, 12:33 PM #11
craizer
Pokemon Trainer
i want this released, i spent over £300 on ps3 games!
02-14-2010, 01:36 PM #12
Will this mean iso mods? If so im seriously considering getting a PS3 Gasp

I think this will get way out of hand though if it is released just because of how long people have been waiting for this, so get ready for a month of what happened on xbox with modded private matches online and etc..
02-14-2010, 02:22 PM #13
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Ehh, I want to see how this is performed first. Also keep in mind, there is no CFW for the PS3 yet, no CXMB, no (good) homebrew, no nothing for the Ps3 yet. Some people are jumping the gun a bit here.
02-14-2010, 05:26 PM #14
xXviciousbumXx
At least I can fight
Regardless of if this works or not i wont be doing shit to my ps3. I spent 675 dollars back in the day for one game and the system. I might buy a 40gig used to try it out though. I cherish my backwards compatibility on my ps3 too much to start messing with it. lol if i **** it up it would be too hard to find another one.
02-14-2010, 06:05 PM #15
Caspa
Retired Mod
Exactly, I'm not risking my £425 Launch-Day PS3 with some brand new hack that could do anything to the system.
02-14-2010, 07:48 PM #16
DeuZ
Do a barrel roll!
I agree with what the person above said, even if there is a possibility to play pirated games, the games are on blu ray disks, and therefore upwards of 20GB in size. So inorder to download that much, then somehow transfer it to your ps3 drive is ALOT more hassle than psp games which are usually less than 1gb...
02-15-2010, 12:58 AM #17
Cpt.S
Banned
I bet sony are pissed :p
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM #18
hod
Keeper
No one cares if your gonna use it or not,no one is forcing any of you to use it,just give the man credit for wot he has accomplished.
Personaly icant wait to get my little used blueray burner fired up, bring it on

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Hacking the thing was the hard part xmbs loaders and homebrew is the easy part.so is emulating custom firmware
02-15-2010, 04:33 PM #19
Killakk
Former Staff
Where the homebrews at?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo