02-20-2010, 11:07 PM #1
Default Avatar
_____
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Recently, Activision posted a casting call for the upcoming 2010 Call of Duty title, confirming the game's Vietnam setting. It it's ad, it asked for an actor "to record voice-over and motion capture work for a character named Frank Barnes, who is part of an elite Vietnam unit, the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam - Studies and Observations Group." Seems like pretty good proof that the game will be set in the Vietnam war, some time in the late 60's/early 70's - I guess we'll still have our M16's!

Expect an official announcement from Activision some time soon, where they will be sure to unveil many details of the game. Hopefully Treyarch will be able to engineer this game to turn their failed reputation around.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 7 users say thank you to _____ for this useful post:

-.Anonymous.-, Doctor Stan, dominicanpimp10, Frog, iAmPro-, lls, Typhoon
03-04-2010, 10:13 PM #29
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Originally posted by tA.
Can't believe they skipped the Cold War, and jumped straight to the Vietnam War.

The Cold War was not an actual war, rather a disagreement between the Soviet Union and United States. Whereas brinkmanship was common during the Cold War (getting close to war without actually going to war), there were no actual events that would be fun to partake in for a first-person shooter. The Berlin Wall would be the only thing in which could be used, but that event is not nearly significant enough to be given a game.

A game concerning the Cold War would be great, but certainly not for a shooter-based title.
03-04-2010, 11:07 PM #30
+tA. Rick
Former Staff
Originally posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
The Cold War was not an actual war, rather a disagreement between the Soviet Union and United States. Whereas brinkmanship was common during the Cold War (getting close to war without actually going to war), there were no actual events that would be fun to partake in for a first-person shooter. The Berlin Wall would be the only thing in which could be used, but that event is not nearly significant enough to be given a game.

A game concerning the Cold War would be great, but certainly not for a shooter-based title.

True, but they were main points that lead towards the Vietnam War.
Both could probably be involved.
03-04-2010, 11:09 PM #31
nice cod7 looks intersting
03-18-2010, 08:04 PM #32
Originally posted by Cpt.S View Post
Haha.
I think the next one (after 7) will be modern again, But i think they will try and get more of the Afghanistan war into it =/.

Thats what i was thinkin why not take some of the stuff that is happenn in war now with all the technology that we have we should make it seem more real like if it was more "MODERN" it would probably sale alot more i mean give us todays weapons and there actual power and accuracy then maybe you would see alot of games bein bought
03-18-2010, 09:17 PM #33
You know, thinking of this sort of game doesn't actually sound that bad. I think it might turn out good because thinking of what guns to expect is a pretty cool thought.

The only problem is being so anxious for it to come out and having to wait all that time!
03-18-2010, 09:58 PM #34
ZoneTw0
You talkin to me?
Awesome! Although I prefer games set in a modern era and with other story, like Modern Warfare 2, but it's ok Winky Winky

Also I can't wait for Modern Warfare 3 to see the end of the Modern Warfare saga that has an amazing story :P
03-19-2010, 12:15 AM #35
I've been waiting for this for awhile. The '60s were a great time in history, and the Vietnam War was amazing. It's as simple as that. I'll be buying this at midnight the day of release :P
03-19-2010, 12:26 AM #36
HowsMySHOOTING
Watch the skies, traveler
there are rumours about team-based killstreaks in this game, like each team gets its own killstreaks
03-19-2010, 01:44 AM #37
this will be sick.when it comes out.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo