06-29-2010, 05:24 PM #1
eDeityy
NGU's Resident Author
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As of late, I've been drifting away back into the world of campaign based gaming. I've been all the way from my Gamecube with The Ocarina of Time to my Playstation 2 with 007: Nightfire. Since I'm starting to play games that are centered around a story and main characters that can be as badass or as awesome as you'd like, I've decided to see which characters the community thinks are the best.

All you have to do is post one or more of your favorite characters in this thread, and then, once I've gathered enough opinions, I will post a new thread with a list of the top characters that our community has chosen, their origins, and some interesting facts about them. It's easy enough, all you have to do is list your favorites. Like this!

Here's a list of my personal favorites:

1. Captain Price from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
You must login or register to view this content.
CAPTAIN PRICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is the real hero in Call of Duty. Which one of you could throw a gun across a bridge in an ending cutscene of a game right before the big finale? Pssh... only Captain Price is capable of such a feat.

2. Duke Nukem (aka The Most Badass Badass of All Time) from Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem, popular voice of the Duke Nukem soundboard, is quite arguably the coolest badass ever to grace the world of gaming. Don't be a pansy, you know you agree.

3. Masterchief from Halo
Masterchief is, well... he's Masterchief. End of story.

4. CJ from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
This guy is honestly one of the coolest from the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Who could ever forget his awesome banter?

5. Mario from Super Mario Brothers
He kicks undeniable amounts of ass, and you know it. He also has a supercool mustache.

Alright, alright, you get the point. That was just to get the ball rolling in some of your heads. So, NGU, let's hear it. Who deserves to go down in history as the coolest character ever to be featured in a game? You decide.
Last edited by eDeityy ; 06-29-2010 at 05:26 PM.
06-29-2010, 05:47 PM #20
Shadow sonic from sonic adventure 2 for dreamcast.
06-29-2010, 05:47 PM #21
ZoneTw0
You talkin to me?
1. Lt. Simon "Ghost" Riley from MW2

2. Carl Johnson from GTA: San Andreas

3. Tommy Vercetti from GTA: Vice City

4. Nathan Drake from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

5. John Marston from Red Dead Redemption
06-29-2010, 05:48 PM #22
Oh! I almost forgot!

Anyone in that picture is truly epic. If you have respect for gaming you'll agree that Mortal Kombat is the greatest.

The following 2 users say thank you to Omniplasma for this useful post:

DiXiEnOrMoUz28, Fionn
06-29-2010, 05:51 PM #23
Criptus
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Jesse View Post
As of late, I've been drifting away back into the world of campaign based gaming. I've been all the way from my Gamecube with The Ocarina of Time to my Playstation 2 with 007: Nightfire. Since I'm starting to play games that are centered around a story and main characters that can be as badass or as awesome as you'd like, I've decided to see which characters the community thinks are the best.

All you have to do is post one or more of your favorite characters in this thread, and then, once I've gathered enough opinions, I will post a new thread with a list of the top characters that our community has chosen, their origins, and some interesting facts about them. It's easy enough, all you have to do is list your favorites. Like this!

Here's a list of my personal favorites:

1. Captain Price from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
CAPTAIN PRICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is the real hero in Call of Duty. Which one of you could throw a gun across a bridge in an ending cutscene of a game right before the big finale? Pssh... only Captain Price is capable of such a feat.

2. Duke Nukem (aka The Most Badass Badass of All Time) from Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem, popular voice of the Duke Nukem soundboard, is quite arguably the coolest badass ever to grace the world of gaming. Don't be a pansy, you know you agree.

3. Masterchief from Halo
Masterchief is, well... he's Masterchief. End of story.

4. CJ from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
This guy is honestly one of the coolest from the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Who could ever forget his awesome banter?

5. Mario from Super Mario Brothers
He kicks undeniable amounts of ass, and you know it. He also has a supercool mustache.

Alright, alright, you get the point. That was just to get the ball rolling in some of your heads. So, NGU, let's hear it. Who deserves to go down in history as the coolest character ever to be featured in a game? You decide.

MINE IS...
From the arcade game at some dumb website.
06-29-2010, 05:52 PM #24
Fionn
Banned
Originally posted by AceVirus View Post
Oh! I almost forgot!

Anyone in that picture is truly epic. If you have respect for gaming you'll agree that Mortal Kombat is the greatest.

Total respect.
06-29-2010, 05:52 PM #25
jbot
Vbux are Worthless
Master Chief <3
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM #26
Originally posted by Rambodian View Post
MINE IS...
From the arcade game at some dumb website.

Hahaha I was about to say "wait, that's a videogame character?" until I read the part at the bottom.
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM #27
x RaPiiDz o
< ^ > < ^ >
Niko Bellic from GTA IV

and...

Jack Martson from Read Dead redemption.
Last edited by x RaPiiDz o ; 06-29-2010 at 05:56 PM.
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM #28
killamimi
Overcoming The Limit's
Captain Price Nuff Said.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo