05-26-2011, 10:55 PM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony is Working on PlayStation 4
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: ClutchLikeMelo // May 26, 2011

Sony has just confirmed that a "future platform" is in the works to follow the PlayStation 3!

Sony's executive vice president and chief financial officer Masaru Kato made the announcement today in conference call to investors. When asked to explain increased research and development costs, he answered, saying:

Originally posted by another user
"For the home equipment the PS3 still has a product life," he said, "but this is a platform business, so for the future platform - when we'll be introducing what product I cannot discuss that - but our development work is already under way, so the costs are incurred there."

Kato's comments come at exact opposites with Sony Computer Entertainment boss, Kaz Hirai's. Back in March, Hirai said, "a near-future PS4 or next-generation home console is not something that we are even debating now." Hirai then went on to stress that Sony wasn't "even at the half-way point" in PS3's lauded 10-year plan.

The current console cycle is definitely longer than previous ones, but with the Wii 2 (aka Project Cafe) expected to be unveiled soon at E3, and rumors of top-tier publishing partners receiving prototype dev kits of Microsoft's new Xbox, that may just be the end of this cycle, and the beginning of the next gen consoles!
Last edited by CLM ; 05-26-2011 at 11:03 PM.

The following 12 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

Brentdevent, MikeOxBig, GolfWang, Jorgos Nomikos, Moreton, Pauly, Sicarius, SYNKz, TEXAS24_ReStEr, TurboD16, xShadow
05-27-2011, 09:38 AM #20
I'd rather have the next xbox too, but I'll end up getting the Ps4 too
05-27-2011, 10:29 AM #21
Sloth
Banned
Originally posted by kaito View Post
PS4 is gonna be like 500$ o.o!

I got my ps3 for free my dad worked at chrysler and they gave him 1 for free
05-27-2011, 11:33 AM #22
Hmm... Price? 1000$? Naw, no thanks.
05-27-2011, 12:21 PM #23
I Like Turtles
Who’s Jim Erased?
Probably nearerChristmas next year.
05-27-2011, 12:33 PM #24
Default Avatar
ckd
is this ps4 stuff actually true?
05-27-2011, 01:47 PM #25
BestDayandAge
Are you high?
well i got anothr $1000 to spend on a new console
best bet is that its coming outin 2013-2014
05-27-2011, 01:58 PM #26
Originally posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post
Sony is Working on PlayStation 4
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: ClutchLikeMelo // May 26, 2011

Sony has just confirmed that a "future platform" is in the works to follow the PlayStation 3!

Sony's executive vice president and chief financial officer Masaru Kato made the announcement today in conference call to investors. When asked to explain increased research and development costs, he answered, saying:

Kato's comments come at exact opposites with Sony Computer Entertainment boss, Kaz Hirai's. Back in March, Hirai said, "a near-future PS4 or next-generation home console is not something that we are even debating now." Hirai then went on to stress that Sony wasn't "even at the half-way point" in PS3's lauded 10-year plan.

The current console cycle is definitely longer than previous ones, but with the Wii 2 (aka Project Cafe) expected to be unveiled soon at E3, and rumors of top-tier publishing partners receiving prototype dev kits of Microsoft's new Xbox, that may just be the end of this cycle, and the beginning of the next gen consoles!

It's still a few years off. There's a lot of stuff that goes into making a console.
05-27-2011, 02:04 PM #27
nice so many different articles on this
05-27-2011, 03:24 PM #28
D.anny
~ Danny .
nice would you be able to like connect your ps3 account to it xD?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo