07-04-2011, 08:37 AM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); MW3 Developer Takes A Dig At EA's Battlefield 3
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Spirit- // 04/07/2011

Things sure are hotting up in the world of FPS games. We've had the rumours of a fourth Black Ops map pack, and we've heard rumours about Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3. But things just turned nasty as Sledgehammer Games, developers of Activision's Modern Warfare 3, takes a dig at their main competitor and rival game today.

Glen Schofield, co-founder and general manager of Sledgehammer Games, has taken this dig not to anger EA, but to warn gamers of Battlefield 3's unattractive frame rate of 30fps, while Modern Warfare 3 will run at a much smoother 60fps.

Although in the interview Schofield does not mention Battlefield 3, it's easy to realise that he is talking about it due to it's shockingly low frame rate.

Originally posted by another user
"You can go out and name your engine and call it whatever you want, right, you know, I've done that before, I've seen that trick and the bottom line is, this game will run at 60 frames a second. Not sure any of our competitors will.

Not sure I've seen any of our competitors on the console, especially running at 60 frames a second, and I'd be a little scared at this point - in June - if I was looking forward to a particular game that wasn't on the console and running at 60.

I think 60 is our competitive edge and you just don't throw that away. You don't ship an engine, you ship a game."

The following 3 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Modus, Xanadu, XHaveNOFearX

The following user groaned x iJB x for this awful post:

SuperYuper
07-04-2011, 08:49 AM #2
Assassin
Easter Egg!
Mmm isn`t this old?
07-04-2011, 08:53 AM #3
Default Avatar
x iJB x
Nope, the dig was taken yesterday/today apparently.

Edit: Or maybe not. Damn.
07-04-2011, 08:56 AM #4
this is old?
07-05-2011, 07:42 AM #5
bigazzaman
AuSi pRiDe
if all, i think everyone is getting sick of the same old crap from COD, battlefield is refresh in the area that most ppl i think are glad to have, its new!! COD = old, activision are worried
07-05-2011, 08:01 AM #6
NormL
Owner of The REAL eXp LLC
LOL you think a comapny that makes 1 billion per game is worried about battlefield (3)? all battle field games combined dont even equal sales of black ops alone(16million copies sold and rising)...cod is stale, but will never lose a game war against battlefield... most people arent glad to have an inferior game btw...might want to refresh those ideas. last i knew...bfbc2 was good, but wasnt great...at least the sales figures wasnt great compared to activisions proven success every year....get your facts right, then post..

The following 2 users say thank you to NormL for this useful post:

Nickm0117, riotmost
07-05-2011, 11:02 AM #7
**** activision i rather play 30 fps battleifeld then repetitive of duty same over over again 3

The following user thanked Potassium for this useful post:

gopher517
07-05-2011, 11:35 AM #8
Originally posted by codwawandmw2 View Post
this is old?

no ea took a shot at activision first
07-05-2011, 05:46 PM #9
Surikizu
GUMI fanboy
Eh, 30 fps and 60 fps, not much difference really. I play games with 100 fps, 70 fps, 60 fps and even 20 fps, yet they seem very smooth. IMO, I don't really care about 60 fps, I'd stick with battlefield's 30 fps.
07-05-2011, 05:49 PM #10
.RAMBO
Banned
The guys at MW3 focus on the FPS because they dont have nothing else against BF3. :lol:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo