08-13-2011, 08:58 PM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Firefox 6 Launched!
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: x iJB x // 13/08/2011

Keeping true to their promise of a faster release schedule, Mozilla has today pushed out the final version of Firefox 6.

The new release, available on Mozilla's FTP servers now, includes only a small handful of improvements, including faster browsing by up to 20% according to Mozilla.

There's a few other additions though, mainly for developers. The developer menu has been updated for the first time since Firefox 4, with the new "scratchpad" allowing a user to execute a javascript code in realtime.

You must login or register to view this content.

The new "get more tools" option links to a whole range of developer oriented extensions, such as Firebug, Stylish and others you’re likely familiar with if you’re a developer.

Firefox rose to fame in 2004 as the best replacement for Internet Explorer, with tabbed browsing built in as standard. Then in 2008, Google's Chrome browser took the top spot, pushing Mozilla to release updates faster, which means Chrome's previously unique features are now within Firefox.

As of now, the page displayed after updating tells us this is a beta release; however do not be alarmed. Mozilla has yet to update this page.

Download Firefox 6 Now!

The following 8 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Correy, D y n a s t y, himpmund, killa skillz, savillbros, unknown231, xInfiniteX
08-14-2011, 01:53 AM #20
El Violador
< ^ > < ^ >
:O That was a fast release.. I'm gonna download because it had the 20% increase of speed. Maybe, just maybe it could be faster than Chrome.
08-14-2011, 02:03 AM #21
Fer
Banned
I'll give it a try. Hopefully it doesn't look to ugly Winky Winky
08-14-2011, 02:28 AM #22
Implicit
Elite Gamer
Actually if You go to the home page it still shows as 5.0.1 Version I think this downloads are beta or something like that
08-14-2011, 02:41 AM #23
underzz
Gym leader
All Browsers are better then IE :happycry:
Im using Chrome atm,sometimes im using safari,but most times chrome,last version of Safari was slow even on my mac pro
08-14-2011, 04:35 AM #24
Not even that great. Still the same pretty much.
08-14-2011, 04:48 AM #25
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Chrome just has that nice simplistic yet advance feel to it. Firefox seems like a tryhard browser that is trying to now beat chrome by taking its ideas... Chrome will beat Firefox no matter what... :P
08-14-2011, 04:54 AM #26
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
6 or 5? Sad Awesome

I could've sworn 4 just came out a little while ago. Sad Awesome<

The way I see it:

Internet Explorer is for technically inclined individuals.

Mozilla FireFox is for scene kids and Hipsters.

Safari is for... technically inclined individuals. (a.k.a Mac users.) Just like Internet Explorer.

Opera is for... well, I don't even know. Who uses Opera?

And Chrome is for Google junkies. :p I don't have another classification for them.

Needless to say, I don't think I'm a Hipster or scene kid. .__.
Last edited by Booshykins ; 08-14-2011 at 04:57 AM.
08-14-2011, 05:13 AM #27
Nice Mozilla are, moving up now.
08-14-2011, 06:13 AM #28
Fail3rc
Pokemon Trainer
Finally a new one, v5 crashed alot on my PC for some reason. :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo