04-23-2013, 06:38 PM #1
JeepXJFreak98
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've made the choice to downgrade back to V2.11. I could care less for GT5 online. I have much more fun making some cool and whacky creations anyway. Anyone else staying at or downgrading back to V2.11?

The following user thanked JeepXJFreak98 for this useful post:

04-23-2013, 07:08 PM #2
how do u do it fk gt5 update
04-23-2013, 07:14 PM #3
never updating 2.11 screw PD up the ***hole they have lost me forever as a buyer i hope they enjoy the mass number of offline users now
04-23-2013, 07:26 PM #4
JeepXJFreak98
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by htown832 View Post
how do u do it fk gt5 update

Unfortunately you have to delete your GT5 Game Data Utility. Make sure you have a backup save from V2.11 or earlier that has hybrids on it.
Now you'll need to reinstall GT5 and all of it's updates except for V2.12. Around an hour later, you should be finished.
However there are two downsides to this: Obviously you can't play online anymore, and also you can't use your frickin DLC that you paid hard-earned money for. Thanks to PD's sh*t-head idea of making DLC installation a seperate menu instead of immediately installing it onto your game, you need to sign in to PSN to install the DLC. Why is this such a major problem? Because you get the message to update to V2.12. You decline it, you get signed back out. Your DLC is lost forever.
04-23-2013, 07:50 PM #5
Originally posted by JeepXJFreak98 View Post
Unfortunately you have to delete your GT5 Game Data Utility. Make sure you have a backup save from V2.11 or earlier that has hybrids on it.
Now you'll need to reinstall GT5 and all of it's updates except for V2.12. Around an hour later, you should be finished.
However there are two downsides to this: Obviously you can't play online anymore, and also you can't use your frickin DLC that you paid hard-earned money for. Thanks to PD's sh*t-head idea of making DLC installation a seperate menu instead of immediately installing it onto your game, you need to sign in to PSN to install the DLC. Why is this such a major problem? Because you get the message to update to V2.12. You decline it, you get signed back out. Your DLC is lost forever.

If you have your DLC:s installed already you don't have to install them again. Like if you install your DLC:s at patch 2.12(or just use save where they are installed) then transfer your save to 2.11 patch you will have those DLC:s installed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't people use two hard drives? They doesn't cost much and you can possibly take one from your laptop?
Just clone your current HDD to that andd you can use one on 2.12 patch and one on which ever you want Smile
04-23-2013, 08:13 PM #6
JeepXJFreak98
Pokemon Trainer
So if I update to 2.12, save the game to my online storage, then downgrade to V2.11, I'll still be able to use my DLC cars without that "!" sign next to them?

If so, I love you. Happy
04-23-2013, 09:13 PM #7
Good thing i hopped on NGU before going onto GT5 saved me a huge hassle... sorry to you guys who did update :/ just to let you all know you can still mod your cars if you don't update your save works for me.
04-23-2013, 09:15 PM #8
Originally posted by razerman View Post
If you have your DLC:s installed already you don't have to install them again. Like if you install your DLC:s at patch 2.12(or just use save where they are installed) then transfer your save to 2.11 patch you will have those DLC:s installed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't people use two hard drives? They doesn't cost much and you can possibly take one from your laptop?
Just clone your current HDD to that andd you can use one on 2.12 patch and one on which ever you want Smile

Seems like alot of work to uninstall and install hard drives everytime you want to switch between playing online and offline. Man I wish it could be done with a large storage usb

I think I will be going back to 2.11 tonight. Good thing I have a pre 2.12 save on my usb.
Last edited by GTI8VT ; 04-23-2013 at 09:18 PM.
04-24-2013, 01:43 AM #9
Misslehead
Do a barrel roll!
I would leave it at 2.11 but I still have a ton of fun from racing with my friends on GT5. Anybody who is a clean racer and wants to start up an endurance league, let me know. I also might start a petition if anyone wants to sign it, let me know as well.
04-24-2013, 01:49 AM #10
jjdog
Do a barrel roll!
why cant we use a patch blocker and go online that way

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo