01-25-2010, 06:07 PM #1
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Like any good thread, this will include a poll! Smile So please vote AND vocalise your opinions in the form of a comment!

You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
Before we indulge with details, I would like to say I hate Sony’s last minute marketing for their gaming exclusives. For this time in particular, the PS3 exclusive MAG hasn't yet released a TV spot in anticipation of the game(that I've seen). Sony’s overall quality in their PlayStation ad campaigns have improved thanks to the absence of crying robot babies, but they still market way to close to release dates for their prized exclusives. A game of MAG’s magnitude should have been advertised much more than it has been. The possibility of a 256-player FPS is mind boggling to most casual players who haven’t heard of MAG; when they finally get to see the commercials it may be too late to capture that market.

The late marketing problem has been around for a while regarding PlayStation products; Sony doesn’t seem to prefer anticipation for their games; they’d rather post advertisements on release which can be a problem. Lets be honest here; if you go to any gaming retailer and nobody is talking about your product a week before release it’s likely to fail in sales due to lack of marketing. It’s sad to say that MAG may be heading down the dreaded route of titles that were great but the community wasn’t there. Don’t get me wrong, MAG is an excellent game, the technical achievement in 256 players online simultaneously is astounding; it is just sad to see the game possibly go under appreciated.

When MAG was shown at E3 2009 it looked decent; of course nobody believed Zipper could pull off 256 players on 1 battlefield. The differences between MAG’s early beta and current build are “night and day”. When I first took part in September's MAG beta it really didn’t interest me much; the game was choppy, and it had very poor graphics. The current beta 5 build of the game improved on many of the complaints for MAG, it became much smoother and the graphics improved; I also took part in my first 256 player battle completely lag free. Zipper took all the criticism for their title and improved it dramatically; the retail build of MAG should even succeed the final beta.

It is possible that MAG can rely on Zipper’s Socom fans to support the game regardless. Over the years many have been waiting and hoping for a Socom 3 successor from the famed developer; instead Six Slant developed Socom Confrontation which didn’t have a smooth launch. This will be Zipper’s first title released on a next gen console. Due to MAG’s epic scale battles the game will need a dedicated community to compensate for 256 player matches. Other FPS(s) won’t have the problems MAG will likely have because many of them typically have less than 32 players in one room.

You must login or register to view this content.

MAG is one of those rare titles that could effectively shift the argument between the Playstation Network and Xbox Live users. We can debate time and time again regarding Sony’s free Playstationn Network versus Microsoft’s premium Xbox Live Gold fees. The thought of Sony not advertising a 256 player FPS well enough that would defiantly appeal to the Xbox 360 crowd is insane yet possible. With online multiplayer gameplay becoming so mainstream, a title like MAG would be a major selling point.

The initial thoughts on the MAG beta were, in all honesty, pretty unacceptable. Being on Xbox myself, I never witnessed the anticipation and disappointment of the beta. Threads being posted all over the internet about recieving beta key's, people being scammed for a beta code and so much more. When people finally had a fair, un-biased play on it they saw it for what it was. Just another failed project by yet another average game maker.
Do you think the game, when released to the public, will be a failure or do you think it will live on to be another classic game? You decide. Comment on what you think of this, and remember, no flaming because these are just my opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs! Smile

Long story short: Are you purchasing MAG?
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 01-25-2010 at 07:05 PM.

The following user thanked Shepleklet for this useful post:

ShAdoW_RiDa
01-25-2010, 08:31 PM #11
Originally posted by gamekilla View Post
i hate the controllers :(

Im sure on full release contrllers will be able to change. I dont see whats wrong with them the normal shoot and aim buttons.

R1-Shoot
L1-Aim
R3-Knife
L3-Run
L2-Switch to (medical,repair kit)
R2-Change to pistol
x-Jump
Square- Reload
O- Arm/Disarm bomb/objective
triangle- Crouch- press again to lie down

dpad-

left-choose talk thing
up- who to talk to (platoon,oic,spuad leaders)

there basically the same, if not betterHappy
01-25-2010, 08:34 PM #12
gamekilla
★☆NGU Member☆★
Originally posted by born2destroy View Post
Im sure on full release contrllers will be able to change. I dont see whats wrong with them the normal shoot and aim buttons.

R1-Shoot
L1-Aim
R3-Knife
L3-Run
L2-Switch to (medical,repair kit)
R2-Change to pistol
x-Jump
Square- Reload
O- Arm/Disarm bomb/objective
triangle- Crouch- press again to lie down

dpad-

left-choose talk thing
up- who to talk to (platoon,oic,spuad leaders)

there basically the same, if not betterHappy

i hate the way u look up and down
01-25-2010, 10:05 PM #13
I meant ot click the beta failed because the updates were just too big for my measly internet speed, but I think the full thing will be much better.
01-25-2010, 11:14 PM #14
Steve
Ex-News Staff
Had the beta, hated it. I had this good of graphics on my N64!
01-25-2010, 11:23 PM #15
Inaudax
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by RiDa View Post
I haven't played the beta,nor will I buy the game. I chose it will fail because I don't like the look of it,so I think it looks shit. Also,it should fail for trying to rival MW2 and people actually COMPARING it to MW2.

If you have never played the game before, your opinion doesn't count. Don't ever judge a book by its cover, buddy.
01-26-2010, 12:07 AM #16
watson759
Do a barrel roll!
mag will be good just because its 256 players online... even if the game flops the idea of 256 players is awsome.
i played mag all through the first beta and i can honestly say that being able to kill 50+ players in a normal match and never kill the same guy twice is verry verry fun Smile
01-26-2010, 12:22 AM #17
exploit me
Pokemon Trainer
i dont think this game will fail, i know alot of people who bought a ps3 for the game
01-26-2010, 07:44 AM #18
ShAdoW_RiDa
Former Blue Mod
Originally posted by Vssiky View Post
If you have never played the game before, your opinion doesn't count. Don't ever judge a book by its cover, buddy.

Lol,I still think it's crap XD
01-26-2010, 07:58 AM #19
Played both BETAs, they both sucked IMO. It's doomed to fail.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo