Post: Stuck at Update screen after attempting to downgrade.
12-04-2013, 09:31 PM #1
Colahh
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i tried to downgrade my slim 4.50 OFW cech-2504a date code 0d i follow this guide You must login or register to view this content. i am stuck at the FSM method because i'm stuck at the update screen it says to put a 4.50 or higher update on a flashdrive and i tried this but i always get error : Data corrupted (8002F157) is there anyone that can help me with this? it would be much appreaciated Smile
12-04-2013, 09:35 PM #2
Originally posted by AronHB View Post
So i tried to downgrade my slim 4.50 OFW cech-2504a date code 0d i follow this guide You must login or register to view this content. i am stuck at the FSM method because i'm stuck at the update screen it says to put a 4.50 or higher update on a flashdrive and i tried this but i always get error : Data corrupted (8002F157) is there anyone that can help me with this? it would be much appreaciated Smile

Did you do the ps downgrade dongle step?
12-04-2013, 09:36 PM #3
Colahh
Haxor!
Originally posted by sword621 View Post
Did you do the ps downgrade dongle step?

No didn't get that far :/
Last edited by Colahh ; 12-04-2013 at 09:42 PM.
12-05-2013, 12:00 AM #4
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
So i tried to downgrade my slim 4.50 OFW cech-2504a date code 0d i follow this guide You must login or register to view this content. i am stuck at the FSM method because i'm stuck at the update screen it says to put a 4.50 or higher update on a flashdrive and i tried this but i always get error : Data corrupted (8002F157) is there anyone that can help me with this? it would be much appreaciated Smile

what were your last steps before trying to update? I'm thinking you didn't follow the directions!!!!!

-did you patch the bkpps3.bin and reflashed with all switches down?
--after reflash was done did you turn off the PS3 and remove the power cable?
---did you put the FSM dongle in the right most port and turn on the PS3 and press eject right quickly?

And also you're not supposed to see that update screen. Once the FSM is done and powers off your PS3, you're supposed to place the PS3UPDAT.PUP and Lv2diag.self on the root of your USB flash drive and place it in the right most port and power on the PS3. The ps3 should start installing the CFW and then power off the PS3. At this point remove the files from the USB and place the other Lv2diag.self (get out FSM) in the root of the USB. Place the USB in the right most port turn on PS3. And the PS3 should get out FSM and turn off and your done.
Last edited by libra7ry ; 12-05-2013 at 12:05 AM.
12-05-2013, 10:21 AM #5
Colahh
Haxor!
Originally posted by libra7ry View Post
what were your last steps before trying to update? I'm thinking you didn't follow the directions!!!!!

-did you patch the bkpps3.bin and reflashed with all switches down?
--after reflash was done did you turn off the PS3 and remove the power cable?
---did you put the FSM dongle in the right most port and turn on the PS3 and press eject right quickly?

And also you're not supposed to see that update screen. Once the FSM is done and powers off your PS3, you're supposed to place the PS3UPDAT.PUP and Lv2diag.self on the root of your USB flash drive and place it in the right most port and power on the PS3. The ps3 should start installing the CFW and then power off the PS3. At this point remove the files from the USB and place the other Lv2diag.self (get out FSM) in the root of the USB. Place the USB in the right most port turn on PS3. And the PS3 should get out FSM and turn off and your done.

Thanks for the response, i did all the steps : patch bkpps3.bin reflashed it turned ps3 off and remove the power cable and the fsm dongle part but did there have to be anything in the fsm dongle? now i think i'm bricked because my ps3 shuts off after a few seconds... :(
12-05-2013, 04:13 PM #6
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Thanks for the response, i did all the steps : patch bkpps3.bin reflashed it turned ps3 off and remove the power cable and the fsm dongle part but did there have to be anything in the fsm dongle? now i think i'm bricked because my ps3 shuts off after a few seconds... :(

Yes, most dongle need to be update with certain files to enter FSM. I'm guessing you didn't enter FSM and continued. What dongle do you have?

GREAT =0/

what is your motherboard model?

email me [email][email protected][/email]

The following user thanked libra7ry for this useful post:

Colahh
12-05-2013, 04:48 PM #7
Colahh
Haxor!
Originally posted by libra7ry View Post
Yes, most dongle need to be update with certain files to enter FSM. I'm guessing you didn't enter FSM and continued. What dongle do you have?

GREAT =0/

what is your motherboard model?

email me [email][email protected][/email]

Okay emailed u the info, thx for responding Smile
12-05-2013, 04:56 PM #8
Cesei
Banned
Okay emailed u the info, thx for responding Smile

Thats why I never use the dongle method slightest mistakes = a brick. If you use the no FSM dongle method you would of been fine.
12-05-2013, 05:46 PM #9
Colahh
Haxor!
Originally posted by Hardrives View Post
Thats why I never use the dongle method slightest mistakes = a brick. If you use the no FSM dongle method you would of been fine.

Yeah i know that now but now its too late :p
12-05-2013, 05:52 PM #10
Cesei
Banned
Yeah i know that now but now its too late :p

Get valid dumps off your console and reflash it?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo