03-22-2014, 12:02 AM #1
StrategicMods
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys, so i finally bought a 3.55 ofw PS3 off eBay and it came today. It came with an HDMI cable and a power supply cable as well as a USB cable for a controller. It is a phat model (CECHP01). I turned the power switch on the back on then I plugged in my controller to the PS3. I turned it on and it was showing a normal green light. The fan powered up for about 2 seconds then it made a sound as if it was powering down. After about 15 seconds it turned off and it just showed a red light. I've tried about 5 times with the same result. I tried tightening the power cable and it does seem pretty loose. Does anyone know what the problem is?
03-22-2014, 04:51 AM #11
Youkia
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Leftt View Post
He states that he has the phat version of the PS3. Plus, if it turns it off right away and gives him a red light, you can automatically tell the PS3 has overheating issues and that it has YLOD. The only easy way to fix it would be the blow dryer method. The best method would be opening up the PS3 and getting some new thermal paste but not even that is permanent. That is why phat PS3S are shitty and I myself, regret getting it.

But He didn't say if he had A Yellow light which I have a ps3 that does have a Yellow light the light poops on then gives two beeps and proceeds to power down. With a blinking red light then you have to tap the soft touch twice what he may have is a bad nand flash.
03-22-2014, 05:20 AM #12
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Youkia View Post
It may not be the YLOD if it's a slim. Only fat PS3's get YLOD.

Read his post one more time
"It is a phat model (CECHP01)"
03-22-2014, 05:15 PM #13
StrategicMods
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Laim
Before doing any of the other suggestions, try a different HDMI Cable. If it doesn't have a working HDMI Cable, it can cause a lot of issues. I also suggest, before also doing any of the other suggestions, contacting the ebay seller and telling them about your issue and they'll either help you through it, or, ask you to send it back. If they do neither, dispute it on PayPal. Also go back and check the information for the purchase and make sure it doesn't say anything about not working etc.
Thanks, I tried using a different one, and i also tried plugging in a different PSU but it still won't work. I think I might return it for a full refund and then just get an e3 flasher because I know my PS3 is downgradeable.
03-23-2014, 07:52 AM #14
FrenziosMix
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by StrategicMods View Post
Hi guys, so i finally bought a 3.55 ofw PS3 off eBay and it came today. It came with an HDMI cable and a power supply cable as well as a USB cable for a controller. It is a phat model (CECHP01). I turned the power switch on the back on then I plugged in my controller to the PS3. I turned it on and it was showing a normal green light. The fan powered up for about 2 seconds then it made a sound as if it was powering down. After about 15 seconds it turned off and it just showed a red light. I've tried about 5 times with the same result. I tried tightening the power cable and it does seem pretty loose. Does anyone know what the problem is?

It could also be your powersuply that is overheated
03-23-2014, 05:56 PM #15
Have you tried entering recovery mode?

Hold the power button to turn it on, continue holding it until it beeps again, and shuts down. Release button.
Press power button again and hold it. It will power on, wait a few seconds, and when it beeps MULTIPLE times, release power button.

This should reset the video out settings, and boot to a recovery menu allowing you to check the file system and restore the firmware.
If you cannot access the recovery menu then something is very wrong the PS3 and you can file an item not as described case.

Also make sure the inside is clean, if you can vacuum out all the vents with some brush attachment it will help. A fan that cannot spin up from dust/debris will cause a shutdown also. Personally, this sounds like a dying internal PSU.
03-23-2014, 06:15 PM #16
DELTER
Save Point
I can help you fix this problem PM me
03-24-2014, 01:20 AM #17
SwaggyLV
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Leftt View Post
Alright, I have a fix for you but it's not permanent which means, in this case, you'll have to do it once a week probably. Follow these steps below:

1. Get a blow dryer

2. Get your PS3 box or something to put your ps3 into and covered

3. Turn your PS3 upside down and into the box facing the air vents towards you where the power and everything is.

4. With the blow dryer, set the heat to the highest.

5. Blow the hot air slowly about 1-3 inches away from the air vents side to side for 15 minutes

6. Then take the PS3 out of the box and cool it down with a fan or if your blow dryer has a cooling option, use that.

7. Cool it for at least 17-20 minutes.

8. Turn PS3 on and it should work. Usually this method lasts for days or maybe weeks if you're lucky but the good thing is you can do it over and over. Smile

You can also go on Youtube and type YLOD fix with blow dryer and it'll show you step by step on how to do it just in case you don't understand still. Good luck!

This is not the best method because after a month or so you can crack your mother board which is un fixable and your PS3 is completely dead, best method to fix yellow light of death is by reballing the gpu chip, you can have a look on eBay people do services for £30 or less.
03-24-2014, 01:33 AM #18
EVaSii0Nz
Do a barrel roll!
Guys stop debating over this... it is the YLOD! Get it fixed, sell it, or just destroy it cause they suck... and buy a 3.55 slim OFW. Look who you're buying it from also, make sure they have good reputation and good feedback...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo