06-22-2015, 05:31 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone.
My PS3 is with very high temperature. I have done the cleaning and replacing the thermal paste.
I wonder if it is possible to turn off the heat sensor
CPU:76 GPU:55
this temperature is normal? the difference between CPU and GPU is normal or both should be with the same temperature?
Any tip is welcome
06-24-2015, 04:36 PM #11
Originally posted by Coffee
Arctic silver 5 is the best and you can get a water cooling kit off ebay. To water cool you got to be experienced with opening and tampering with computers.

And your temps are a little high. Just bear in mind 80-85c will burn out the paste and damage the chips and any other hardware.

Ok then get CPU and GPU 65ºC would be perfect? Playing the maximum ...
I'll find Arctic Silver 5 in my country.
Many thanks to you two

This Thermal Paste are also good?
Icefusion: Cooler Master
TG3: Thermaltake
MX4: Arctic Silver
115x-XS Indigo: Indigo xtreme

Or Arctic Silver is the best?
In my country Arctic Silver can be hard to find.
Last edited by ThorDelboni ; 06-24-2015 at 04:54 PM.
06-24-2015, 09:33 PM #12
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by ThorDelboni View Post
Ok then get CPU and GPU 65ºC would be perfect? Playing the maximum ...
I'll find Arctic Silver 5 in my country.
Many thanks to you two

This Thermal Paste are also good?
Icefusion: Cooler Master
TG3: Thermaltake
MX4: Arctic Silver
115x-XS Indigo: Indigo xtreme

Or Arctic Silver is the best?
In my country Arctic Silver can be hard to find.

Just get any good quality thermal paste... different good quality thermal pastes will only be different by 1c-2c give or take.
06-24-2015, 09:50 PM #13
Originally posted by Kas View Post
Just get any good quality thermal paste... different good quality thermal pastes will only be different by 1c-2c give or take.

OK friend. How do I lubricate the cooler ps3? WD-40?
06-24-2015, 09:58 PM #14
Default Avatar
Kas
OK friend. How do I lubricate the cooler ps3? WD-40?

I wouldn't if I was you, just give it a good clean get rid of all the dust and apply new thermal paste and you'll be golden.
07-01-2015, 02:15 PM #15
Hello everyone.
My PS3 is with very high temperature. I have done the cleaning and replacing the thermal paste.
this temperature is normal? the difference between CPU and GPU is normal or both should be with the same temperature?
Any tip is welcome

You don't want to get like, me I played on my CFW for 3 hours running a very high temp and turned it on the next day and boom there it went.
07-01-2015, 06:16 PM #16
T6Raven
I am error
Originally posted by Kas View Post
I wouldn't if I was you, just give it a good clean get rid of all the dust and apply new thermal paste and you'll be golden.

And also after all that I would get the ez chill fan control turn the dial at about 50% mine is always between 45 to 52c at all times

The following user thanked T6Raven for this useful post:

ThorDelboni
07-05-2015, 10:33 AM #17
Adrian
Adrian is back!
Hello everyone.
Any tip is welcome

My ps3 is the same problem, it got to 85 degress and turned off. I bough Mx5 thermal paste and still overheats, just reapplying thermal paste will not always help. You are only meant to play a ps3 for around 4 hours a day over that it is way to much and it will start to damage the CPU and stuff inside. Maybe you have damaged something, or in some cases when the ps3 is just old it will start to be a bit more sluggish and not work properly which in some case may be the problem. in that case you can not do anything about it but i would probably get it looked at and to see if anything is damaged.

The following user thanked Adrian for this useful post:

ThorDelboni
07-05-2015, 11:19 AM #18
Originally posted by .Adrian View Post
My ps3 is the same problem, it got to 85 degress and turned off. I bough Mx5 thermal paste and still overheats, just reapplying thermal paste will not always help. You are only meant to play a ps3 for around 4 hours a day over that it is way to much and it will start to damage the CPU and stuff inside. Maybe you have damaged something, or in some cases when the ps3 is just old it will start to be a bit more sluggish and not work properly which in some case may be the problem. in that case you can not do anything about it but i would probably get it looked at and to see if anything is damaged.

Nothing to do with damaged hardware, its most probably his solder balls under the heat spreader has cracked or melted, or it could be the heat spreader is not transferring the heat away from the cpu and gpu properly. Abit of flux and a professional reball should repair this problem.

The following user thanked Coffee Bean for this useful post:

ThorDelboni
07-08-2015, 06:59 AM #19
up. purchased the arctic silver 5 and now temperatures are: 65/71 CPU and 55 GPU(full load) temperatures are "normal"? I applied too much thermal paste or too little? what is reball?
(Just to remind. My ps3 is slim)
Last edited by ThorDelboni ; 07-08-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo