01-29-2016, 04:07 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); my ps3 is overheating AND freezing so any ideas on what i should do?
01-29-2016, 11:10 PM #11
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
use MX-4 paste .... AS-5 is electricity conductive and perform worse than MX-4 , just check reviews Smile
01-29-2016, 11:17 PM #12
Originally posted by Raiden
You can get the special Torx screwdriver from eBay very cheap.

ok but i have the game cooler app thats turns up the fan and my game stays in the 50s but yet it sill always freezes while im playing a game after a while
01-29-2016, 11:25 PM #13
Raiden
Banned
Originally posted by rickqwan View Post
ok but i have the game cooler app thats turns up the fan and my game stays in the 50s but yet it sill always freezes while im playing a game after a while

The solder could have already been damaged. The fact it keeps shutting off suggests that it's overheating.

Once it reaches a certain temp it'll just shutdown.
01-29-2016, 11:39 PM #14
Originally posted by Raiden
The solder could have already been damaged. The fact it keeps shutting off suggests that it's overheating.

Once it reaches a certain temp it'll just shutdown.

it doesnt shut off just stops battle field and on gta or black ops it freezes
01-29-2016, 11:41 PM #15
Originally posted by dragoss91 View Post
use MX-4 paste .... AS-5 is electricity conductive and perform worse than MX-4 , just check reviews Smile

how do i use that?
01-29-2016, 11:43 PM #16
Originally posted by Ce4L View Post
are you using anything to turn the fan up to keep it cool. ie control fan utility

i downloaded it and have benn ussing it this morning but its still freezing even whem the temp is low
01-29-2016, 11:52 PM #17
Dro
i<3myPs3
i downloaded it and have benn ussing it this morning but its still freezing even whem the temp is low

At this point, overheating is not the issue, but the damage done FROM when it overheated. The more you turn on and run your console without proper repair, the worse it will get. It has already shut off on you, so software will not help. It needs hardware repair.

Freezing during gameplay is because your weak contacted RSX chip is failing. It could also be a sign your laser going out( if you're running discs), which could even be another result of your console overheating when it happened..

It is crucial, if you want to save the console and prevent further damage, that you at least change your thermal paste. From there can you decide what you ultimately will need to do.

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

Raiden
01-30-2016, 12:10 AM #18
Originally posted by DRObythePoUnD View Post
At this point, overheating is not the issue, but the damage done FROM when it overheated. The more you turn on and run your console without proper repair, the worse it will get. It has already shut off on you, so software will not help. It needs hardware repair.

Freezing during gameplay is because your weak contacted RSX chip is failing. It could also be a sign your laser going out( if you're running discs), which could even be another result of your console overheating when it happened..

It is crucial, if you want to save the console and prevent further damage, that you at least change your thermal paste. From there can you decide what you ultimately will need to do.

ok but do yu have skype?
01-30-2016, 01:21 AM #19
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
how do i use that?

check a tutorial on youtube , is not hard as long as you pay attention and handle with care all parts

The following user thanked #Dragoss for this useful post:

rickqwan

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo