01-29-2016, 04:07 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); my ps3 is overheating AND freezing so any ideas on what i should do?
01-29-2016, 05:25 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by rickqwan View Post
my ps3 is overheating AND freezing so any ideas on what i should do?

The freezing is most likely a result of the overheating.

Change your thermal paste asap and hope for the best. Use only arctic silver 5. If that doesn't help, you will need a reflow or a reball, or a new console if you choose..
Last edited by Dro ; 01-29-2016 at 05:28 AM.

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

rickqwan
01-29-2016, 05:30 AM #3
Ce4L
S.P.E.C.I.A.L

are you using anything to turn the fan up to keep it cool. ie control fan utility

The following user thanked Ce4L for this useful post:

rickqwan
01-29-2016, 05:55 AM #4
i downloaded it and have benn ussing it this morning but its still freezing even whem the temp is low
01-29-2016, 09:48 AM #5
Raiden
Banned

As DRObythePoUnd said, the damage to the solder may have already occurred. Definitely give it a try with the new thermal paste, and use a heat gun to reconnect the solder.

There are precautions you can take to help keep your system cooler, of course it depends which model you have as to which you use.

I recently did a case cooling mod (just a pretty simple one) and my temperatures both hover around 57-58. It used to be upto 65 so if definitely helps.

You can take a look at what I did, you don't need to use an LED fan just clear all the dust from inside the current one and it'll work just the same. You must login or register to view this content.

Hope you find a solution man, YLOD is a pain.

The following user thanked Raiden for this useful post:

rickqwan
01-29-2016, 10:34 AM #6
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie

You could try to either use thermal paste, possibly Artic Silver 5... If not consider getting a cooling fan. If it's freezing possible it's dying out. If you want to find out more about the CPU/GPU you can do so You must login or register to view this content., most likely it's your CPU that acting up.

The following user thanked Helping-Hand for this useful post:

rickqwan
01-29-2016, 08:24 PM #7
United
Big Sister
Replace your thermal paste. If the problem persists, you may need to reball your GPU and reflow your motherboard.

The following user thanked United for this useful post:

rickqwan
01-29-2016, 10:38 PM #8
Originally posted by Raiden
As DRObythePoUnd said, the damage to the solder may have already occurred. Definitely give it a try with the new thermal paste, and use a heat gun to reconnect the solder.

There are precautions you can take to help keep your system cooler, of course it depends which model you have as to which you use.

I recently did a case cooling mod (just a pretty simple one) and my temperatures both hover around 57-58. It used to be upto 65 so if definitely helps.

You can take a look at what I did, you don't need to use an LED fan just clear all the dust from inside the current one and it'll work just the same. You must login or register to view this content.

Hope you find a solution man, YLOD is a pain.

i was going to try that but i cant get the two inside screws off , might need a electric screw driver
01-29-2016, 10:40 PM #9
thanks for all the help you guys the best
01-29-2016, 10:48 PM #10
Raiden
Banned
i was going to try that but i cant get the two inside screws off , might need a electric screw driver

You can get the special Torx screwdriver from eBay very cheap.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo