05-07-2016, 02:58 PM #1
Jeffie
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); if i buy gtav on my u.s region psn account would my friend in canada be able to gameshare and play the game as well?
05-07-2016, 03:18 PM #2
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
Originally posted by Arrow View Post
if i buy gtav on my u.s region psn account would my friend in canada be able to gameshare and play the game as well?

I do not believe so as accounts and items purchased on accounts are region locked.
05-07-2016, 03:22 PM #3
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
if i buy gtav on my u.s region psn account would my friend in canada be able to gameshare and play the game as well?

yea it will work, just let him log into your account
05-07-2016, 04:15 PM #4
Jeffie
Gym leader
Originally posted by Kam View Post
I do not believe so as accounts and items purchased on accounts are region locked.

thnks

Originally posted by Jon
yea it will work, just let him log into your account

thnks
05-07-2016, 04:16 PM #5
Jeffie
Gym leader
any tie breakers lol with an opinion
05-07-2016, 04:36 PM #6
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
any tie breakers lol with an opinion

Feel free to try it. But I am almost 100% certain that most of these things are region locked.
05-07-2016, 04:44 PM #7
Jeffie
Gym leader
Originally posted by Kam View Post
Feel free to try it. But I am almost 100% certain that most of these things are region locked.

i have a theory season passes and dlcs are region locked but not the games
05-07-2016, 04:56 PM #8
Mystery
It's still a Mystery!

You'll be able to play 100%
Games are NOT region-locked on PS3/PS4 consoles, you can play a chinese game in the USA or whatever game you want lol.
The only thing(s) that are region locked are DLC content. (For example if someone you know bought a game and its DLC in Europe, only the game would work for you, not the DLCs).

But in your case, your friend will be able to play your games AND DLCs as well in Canada, because the two contries are in the same region, North America.

The following user thanked Mystery for this useful post:

Kam
05-07-2016, 05:16 PM #9

I have tried it a few times with someone from the USA and my region is EU.
Didn’t work both ways so I am not entirely sure, could also have been a network problem :confused:
05-07-2016, 05:54 PM #10
xenomage
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Kayleigh
I have tried it a few times with someone from the USA and my region is EU.
Didn’t work both ways so I am not entirely sure, could also have been a network problem :confused:

It's possible, you need to have the account on both systems..and both have to be activated (on PS3) even dlc will work as I have multiple accounts in different regions with dlcs and all work fine..my friend has my other account on his system and we game share no problems..region doesn't matter or location. Just be sure to have the account active..you don't even have to log on to the shared account unless you want to download game/dlc.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo