12-02-2012, 06:33 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); There is a lot of talk about a 4.31 JB. All of the jailbreaks out their use a private key for 3.55 and the pkg sign key for the 3.55. This means that you can only install it on 3.55 or lower.

Why we can't find the 4.31 private keys?
The reason why is because its almost IMPOSSIBLE. 3.55 and lower didn't have encrypted keys but every other firmware higher than that does. That is why we have been stuck at the 3.55 CFW for years. The private key for 4.31 is in the trillions or more plus it has a digital signature. The chances of a 3.56+ are VERY slim. So don't count on it and if you find a youtube video saying that there is. Its a fake.

Why was there a 4.10 CFW then?
It wasn't a CFW, it was a MFW which means it has demo mode on it. Also it doesn't have the private keys and the pkg sign keys. That's why you couldn't install pkg files on it.

How did Geohot JB PS3 then?
Back before 3.56 there was no encrypted private and pkg file key. This made it much easier to find it and modify it.

If you have any questions ask me!

The following 3 users say thank you to Dr. Mayham for this useful post:

Ace Hood, jborgadog,

The following 11 users groaned at Dr. Mayham for this awful post:

ϟ c0rruption ϟ, Eddie Mac, GE90, H41822, iCreative, kingpukka, SC58, Script Kiddie, TheFuture, Richtofen
12-02-2012, 09:05 AM #2
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Actually there was a encrypted private key, but the encrypt system (ECDSA) didnt work correctly on 3.55 or lower.
On 3.60+ the ECDSA bug was fixed, and worked as it should.
So now the encrytion uses a random number every time for every user for every hour
But on 3.55 it took the same number for every time every user every hour.
And it was broken that bad that they could easilly put in just random numbers and the PS3 still thought is was official Sony file

The following 8 users say thank you to Master0wn3r for this useful post:

CentralModz819, geeklogik, II Dave II, iiAceHD, Pseudo_Soldier, SC58, Script Kiddie,

The following user groaned Master0wn3r for this awful post:

kingpukka
12-02-2012, 09:22 AM #3
thanks man, I do understand it now.

The following user groaned davidje001 for this awful post:

kingpukka
12-02-2012, 05:55 PM #4
jezz no wonder the PS3 scene sucks ass! no offense to many linux loving devs to even care less about the damn scene for those who Patiencely waiting for a solution to install or downgrade to cfw from ofw (Those who bought a PS3 this year or 2011 last year) and wanted to hack their consoles finally and realise they can't!! yet they care more about stupid 3.55 rather than having no progress at all! :( sad i tell you smdh!

The following 3 users groaned at MrDmoney156 for this awful post:

Bad Luck Brian, DeezShinyNutz, spudeeelad
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM #5
SC58
Former Staff
well I hope I sound like a dck but if these lil noob want a jb that bad just buy one off the internet its that easy

The following user thanked SC58 for this useful post:

II Dave II
12-02-2012, 09:15 PM #6
sithxnew
Treasure hunter
I thought everyone knew this lol, it pretty much gets spammed on all the threads here
12-02-2012, 09:23 PM #7
mack32
Hurah!
Originally posted by MODZ View Post
The reason why is because its almost IMPOSSIBLE. 3.55 and lower didn't have encrypted keys but every other firmware higher than that does.

not 3.56 lol
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM #8
Lol i'l send this link to anymore noobs that ask me about this. saves me getting angry.
12-02-2012, 10:58 PM #9
Zwiik
I defeated!
There is a lot of talk about a 4.31 JB. All of the jailbreaks out their use a private key for 3.55 and the pkg sign key for the 3.55. This means that you can only install it on 3.55 or lower.

The reason why is because its almost IMPOSSIBLE. 3.55 and lower didn't have encrypted keys but every other firmware higher than that does. That is why we have been stuck at the 3.55 CFW for years. The private key for 4.31 is in the trillions or more plus it has a digital signature. The chances of a 3.56+ are VERY slim. So don't count on it and if you find a youtube video saying that there is. Its a fake.

It wasn't a CFW, it was a MFW which means it has demo mode on it. Also it doesn't have the private keys and the pkg sign keys. That's why you couldn't install pkg files on it.

Back before 3.56 there was no encrypted private and pkg file key. This made it much easier to find it and modify it.

There is already a stickied thread in this section that goes more in-depth than this.
12-02-2012, 11:07 PM #10
There is a lot of talk about a 4.31 JB. All of the jailbreaks out their use a private key for 3.55 and the pkg sign key for the 3.55. This means that you can only install it on 3.55 or lower.

Can a mod close this it has been said over a million times and everybody knows this...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo