Post: (HELP ONLY) Full Brick or Semi-Brick? What Should I Do? How to Fix?
02-25-2015, 10:40 AM #1
Mawndo
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've had experience the first time i had a cfw ps3 it was dex and i followed a tutorial to go back to cex without a cex dump and evrything worked out but this time i Tried Converting CEX to DEX on 4.65 and Failed
happened on to me 1/10/2015 help me from my stupid mistakes pls

PS3 Model CECH-2501A Rebug Cobra 4.65.1 REX, Used EID Root Key Dumper for 4.65, then made dump backups with IDPSet v0.83 use those dumps in Rebug Toolbox 2.02.01 to rewrite Target-ID in Flash BUT DID NOT AND FORGOT TO SWAP LV2 KERNEL as well and for some stupid reason did a full (on/off cycle). It will then only get past the (Boot Screen) coldboot Logo and then freeze on the wave effect never would go past that so i tried reinstalling the same CFW to fix it but it gave me a message: "No applicable update data found. connect storage media that contains update version 3.40 or later" even if the dir. was correct on the USB. /PS3/UPDATE/UPDATE.PUP and found out it was because i switched target id to DEX from CEX, it was only able to read DEX PUP's in recovery mode. so i put the same update 4.65.1 rebug cobra but was dex instead of cex and everything went fine until the reboot it gave me a black screen with a green light, Recovery Mode is still acessible so I tried going there but none of the options work and now my ps3 is stuck in recovery mode when i tried using the e3 flasher for the first time it gave me an error that the ps3 is using the nor at the sametime when the e3 flasher is using, im guessing the ps3 is uing the nor because it stuck on recovery mode i just need help i tried a e3 flasher with my CEX-EID0-NORBIN dumps i i ireverse byte them with FlowRebuilder_v.4.2.3.0 and the i validated the dump with all OK's its was a good dump from CEX 3.55 from long ago i dumped converted it to bkpps3.bin and put on micro sd card but now im stuck nothing worked i need someone to guide me please im anooobyyyyyyy
02-25-2015, 01:44 PM #2
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Mawndo View Post
I've had experience the first time i had a cfw ps3 it was dex and i followed a tutorial to go back to cex without a cex dump and evrything worked out but this time i Tried Converting CEX to DEX on 4.65 and Failed
happened on to me 1/10/2015 help me from my stupid mistakes pls

PS3 Model CECH-2501A Rebug Cobra 4.65.1 REX, Used EID Root Key Dumper for 4.65, then made dump backups with IDPSet v0.83 use those dumps in Rebug Toolbox 2.02.01 to rewrite Target-ID in Flash BUT DID NOT AND FORGOT TO SWAP LV2 KERNEL as well and for some stupid reason did a full (on/off cycle). It will then only get past the (Boot Screen) coldboot Logo and then freeze on the wave effect never would go past that so i tried reinstalling the same CFW to fix it but it gave me a message: "No applicable update data found. connect storage media that contains update version 3.40 or later" even if the dir. was correct on the USB. /PS3/UPDATE/UPDATE.PUP and found out it was because i switched target id to DEX from CEX, it was only able to read DEX PUP's in recovery mode. so i put the same update 4.65.1 rebug cobra but was dex instead of cex and everything went fine until the reboot it gave me a black screen with a green light, Recovery Mode is still acessible so I tried going there but none of the options work and now my ps3 is stuck in recovery mode when i tried using the e3 flasher for the first time it gave me an error that the ps3 is using the nor at the sametime when the e3 flasher is using, im guessing the ps3 is uing the nor because it stuck on recovery mode i just need help i tried a e3 flasher with my CEX-EID0-NORBIN dumps i i ireverse byte them with FlowRebuilder_v.4.2.3.0 and the i validated the dump with all OK's its was a good dump from CEX 3.55 from long ago i dumped converted it to bkpps3.bin and put on micro sd card but now im stuck nothing worked i need someone to guide me please im anooobyyyyyyy

OK first what cfw are you trying to re install if you forgot to swap your lv2 kernel it should still be on cex so try installing a cex firmware. And The difference between a brick and a semi brick is a semi brick you only have to re install your cfw from the recovery menu And a brick is when you cant do anything about it anymore questions?
02-25-2015, 11:46 PM #3
Mawndo
Do a barrel roll!
i can't install anything that has to do with CEX Retail because i changed my target ID to dex and did a full on off cycle, my ps3 couldnt recognize cex pup updates (i tried alot of cex cfw and none were recognized) only dex, so i put the same update i had on before except it was a dex firmware instead of a cex firmware which would be rebug 4.65.1 d-rex (DEX) my ps3 could not recognize rebug 4.65.1 rex (CEX) i coudlnt do that method. so i basically installed a dex firmware over a cex and got a black screen but i can still acess recovery mode.
03-10-2015, 01:50 AM #4
Mawndo
Do a barrel roll!
this guy has the same problem "Model Number:
CECH-2503B

Original Firmware:
3.55OFW

Highest Firmware BEFORE the CEX-to-DEX Conversion:
3.55CFW KMEAW

Console QA Flag Status:
Disabled (before CEX-to-DEX Conversion) - Enabled during the Rollback Brick Fix/Syscon Hash Reset phase

CEX Firmware Before Installation:
3.55CFW KMEAW (CEX)

DEX Firmware After Installation:
3.55OFW DEBUG (DEX)

Highest DEX Firmware Used:
4.11OFW DEBUG (DEX)

Last DEX Firmware Used Before DEX-to-CEX Rollback:
3.55OFW DEBUG with Downgrade Support (DEX)

Region/TargetID Changes:
87 (UK) > 82 (DEBUG) > 87 (UK) (brick phase happened when trying to restart the console after the TargetID change and then restarted the console)

Firmware Changes Made on my PS3:
3.55OFW CEX > 3.55CFW KMEAW CEX > 3.55OFW DEX > 4.11OFW DEX > 3.55OFW with downgrade support (DEX) > [BRICKED whilst changing TargetID back to 87 and restarted the console] > 3.55CFW Rogero with Patched LV1/LV2, 4.20 PSN Spoof and no-BD Fixes (CEX) > 3.55CFW KMEAW (CEX)

Brick Phase:
When converting back to CEX by changing the TargetID and then decided to restart the console, but then the console wouldn't start up.

Brick Fixing Process/Status:
Used a rooted & PSgrade bootloader/recovery image-modded HTC Desire Z to put the PS3 into service mode, and then followed tul/andreus's tutorials for the rollback brick fix, and eventually Rogero's Syscon Hash Reset tutorial for reinstalling KMEAW firmware > STATUS: Console Fixed (will now be trying this again).

Useful Links for Getting an Android Phone to act as a PSgrade Factory Service Jig (Other select devices may vary in terms of the rooting/bootloader installation phases)
- [TUTORIAL] How to make an Android Phone act as a factory service mode jig (only on select smartphones) - PS3Hax
- [GUIDE] Downgrade G2 (2.3.X) & DZ (2.3.X) & mT4g (2.3.4) & DHD w/ S-ON to Stock Froyo - XDA Developers
- HTC Desire Z - Firmware Downgrade - Android 2.2 (Froyo) - CyanogenMod Wiki
- HTC Desire Z - Rooting - CyanogenMod Wiki
- psfServiceMod Recovery Images - Mediafire

Useful Links for Getting a Programmable Dongle/Development Board to act as a PSgrade Factory Service Jig
- CloneD's Post on PSgrade Hexes for Development Boards/Dongles - PS3Crunch
- PSgrade Hexes - Mediafire"

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo