04-19-2016, 10:56 AM #1
xXtbirdXx
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU I just finished the hardware side of a jailbreak using my e3 flasher but I'm stuck. As of now I'm on Rogero Downgrader 3.55 but every time I install Toggle QA or anything through package manager. I can't get it to open after I've installed it. It just goes to black screen. I've tried psnpatch,QA, but nothing will open. I reinstalled them but sometimes the package manager won't even show the usb is there. I've jailbroke many ps3's before but never had this prob. I think it may be the hard drive but not sure. Any help would be great ThanksShiver
04-19-2016, 01:07 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by matthewlonderee View Post
Hey NGU I just finished the hardware side of a jailbreak using my e3 flasher but I'm stuck. As of now I'm on Rogero Downgrader 3.55 but every time I install Toggle QA or anything through package manager. I can't get it to open after I've installed it. It just goes to black screen. I've tried psnpatch,QA, but nothing will open. I reinstalled them but sometimes the package manager won't even show the usb is there. I've jailbroke many ps3's before but never had this prob. I think it may be the hard drive but not sure. Any help would be great ThanksShiver

Is your disc drive functional? Has original logic board?

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

xXtbirdXx
04-19-2016, 01:40 PM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Hey NGU I just finished the hardware side of a jailbreak using my e3 flasher but I'm stuck. As of now I'm on Rogero Downgrader 3.55 but every time I install Toggle QA or anything through package manager. I can't get it to open after I've installed it. It just goes to black screen. I've tried psnpatch,QA, but nothing will open. I reinstalled them but sometimes the package manager won't even show the usb is there. I've jailbroke many ps3's before but never had this prob. I think it may be the hard drive but not sure. Any help would be great ThanksShiver

Thread moved to PS3 Mods Questions and Inquiries,

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

xXtbirdXx
04-19-2016, 04:41 PM #4
xXtbirdXx
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Is your disc drive functional? Has original logic board?

The blue ray drive is from another ps3. I did the jailbreak without the disc drive on and only hooked it up to do the downgrade to 3.55 after i was finished with the e3 flasher. Not sure what you mean by logic board. Is that the mother board your referring to?
04-19-2016, 05:42 PM #5
Dro
i<3myPs3
The blue ray drive is from another ps3. I did the jailbreak without the disc drive on and only hooked it up to do the downgrade to 3.55 after i was finished with the e3 flasher. Not sure what you mean by logic board. Is that the mother board your referring to?

The logic board is the small motherboard inside the disc drive assembly. All fats and the earlier slims have them. You should always keep the original with the ps3.

If you don't have the original logic board, you will have to bypass to QA flag by following these steps:

1. Download and install You must login or register to view this content.

2. Once on the downgrader, Open rebug toolbox, go to the furthest right column and enable QA toggle.

3. Go to option "restart system"

4. Once restarted you should be able to go under network settings and press (L1,L2,L3,R1,R2,DpadDown altogether) and see debug settings pop up

You are then free to install a cfw of your choice.

Keep in mind this is bypassing so you can use the ps3 without a functioning disc drive. It will not make the drive work. The only way to make it work would be to remarry the drive or install the original logic board.
Last edited by Dro ; 04-19-2016 at 05:57 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Dro for this useful post:

GRIMM330, xXtbirdXx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo