09-22-2016, 09:07 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My ps3 is now on dex. I used this tutorial*You must login or register to view this content. and I have a few questions.

Whats the difference betweent*Without Flash Dumps and*With Flash Dumps?*
In my rebug toolbox -> settings -> debug menu type: I have Cex QA. Shall I switch it to Dex?*
I've used ccapi, what is tmapi? the dex version of ccapi ( thats what I always though :P)?*
Are the any settings or things you advise me to do?*

sorry for the noob questions..*
09-22-2016, 09:36 PM #2
Xavier Hidden
Are you high?
Originally posted by datHostin View Post
My ps3 is now on dex. I used this tutorial*You must login or register to view this content. and I have a few questions.

In my rebug toolbox -> settings -> debug menu type: I have Cex QA. Shall I switch it to Dex?*
I've used ccapi, what is tmapi? the dex version of ccapi ( thats what I always though :P)?*

-Flash dump is important to enable you to easily convert back to CEX if you choose to. Don't lose it like I did and had to figure out how to recreate new ones.
-Switch CEX QA to DEX I think for full DEX capabilities.
-CCAPI works on DEX too. TMAPI is basically jus connecting rtm tools from a computer to your PS3 through an Ethernet cable. Lazy moders use this on their RTM tools because I think it makes their coding easier. Lazy..
-Learn to mod. This community is full of ppl who don't know much, like me lol

The following user thanked Xavier Hidden for this useful post:

datHostin
09-22-2016, 09:56 PM #3
Originally posted by Xavier
-Flash dump is important to enable you to easily convert back to CEX if you choose to. Don't lose it like I did and had to figure out how to recreate new ones.
-CCAPI works on DEX too. TMAPI is basically jus connecting rtm tools from a computer to your PS3 through an Ethernet cable. Lazy moders use this on their RTM tools because I think it makes their coding easier. Lazy..

Thank you very much!
Why did you want back to cex?
09-22-2016, 10:13 PM #4
.EXE
Hurah!
Originally posted by Xavier

Thank you very much!

My ps3 is now on dex. I used this tutorial*You must login or register to view this content. and I have a few questions.

Using TMAPI has nothing to do with "Lazy moders use this on their RTM tools because I think it makes their coding easier. Lazy." TMPAI is mainly for connecting to tools but also known faster to connect and attach other than CCAPI
09-22-2016, 11:40 PM #5
Xavier Hidden
Are you high?
Thank you very much!

I completely forget why but I didn't want back into CEX, I jus needed the Flash for something important then. Can't remember what. But I ended up updating from ita to Rebug.me afterwards which I'm currently on. Will be interesting to see if Rebug can jailbreak PS4.

And ya I guess TMAPI is faster, but lots of RTM tools used that as an escape goat to not implement CCAPI support = Lazy. I remember getting annoyed at TMAPi only RTM tools a lot. Lot's of which were even buggy, and who wants to always have an Ethernet cable beside them? CCAPI is bad enough as is needing a pc and all. Sprx is were it's at. Ya, I digress.
09-23-2016, 06:46 AM #6
Speedy
Climbing up the ladder
TMAPI is alot faster. smoother. and more stable. Being on DEX also prevents updating to OFW accidentally. But most tools in my experience, haven't been updated to work with CCAPI 2.70 & the CCAPI.dll is also embedded in the tool,, which is annoying AF... But overall, DEX/TMAPI is a lot better then CEX/CCAPI

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo