10-07-2016, 12:37 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys sorry im new to this but when i downgraded my cfw 4.80 to 3.55 then to dex to the go back to cex then back to dex this is were i am now bricked and cant start allways starts is recoverymode were it says there is no system and everyupdate i put in says its currupted anyway to fix this or is this a gone ? Anyhelp apreciated ( ps i done all this because when editing my ingame xmb the files currupted and had no ingame xmb (NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRICK ) ) Smile
10-07-2016, 03:28 AM #2
LaRip8
Mario!
Originally posted by Dudjehdbjfjdje View Post
Hey guys sorry im new to this but when i downgraded my cfw 4.80 to 3.55 then to dex to the go back to cex then back to dex this is were i am now bricked and cant start allways starts is recoverymode were it says there is no system and everyupdate i put in says its currupted anyway to fix this or is this a gone ? Anyhelp apreciated ( ps i done all this because when editing my ingame xmb the files currupted and had no ingame xmb (NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRICK ) ) Smile

so let me get this right...? the last you were on before the brick was dex?
10-07-2016, 04:47 AM #3
Nope cex 8002f2c5 this is error code i get when trying updates with knmew and ofw updates how can i fix this ?
10-07-2016, 05:08 AM #4
Sorry yes it was dex because i just put a dex firmware to see and it reconizes it.so yes it it is ( DEX ) but i always get 8002f2c5 would a new harddrive be neaded or reflash i dont know ? Lol thnx ☺
10-07-2016, 11:40 AM #5
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
Originally posted by Dudjehdbjfjdje View Post
Sorry yes it was dex because i just put a dex firmware to see and it reconizes it.so yes it it is ( DEX ) but i always get 8002f2c5 would a new harddrive be neaded or reflash i dont know ? Lol thnx ☺

This error may not require a simple fix, it's a pain in the ass because 8002F2C5 is not your actual problem (my assumption). My experience with this error tells me that 8002F2C5 is a cover-up from your real error because recovery mode is too limited in its ability to identify your real problem, with that being said it can be very difficult to identify your error.

I tried multiple fixes, a few were:

Installing FW via FSM (this can give you a more accurate error)
Formatting your HDD (via PC)
Trying every kind of FW
Validating NOR dumps in HxD hex editor

but the one that fixed my error was to do with my USB, I'm not exactly sure what it was because I tried multiple things at once.

I took a completely different USB to a completely different computer, fully formatted the USB to FAT32, re-downloaded a 3.55 firmware, put it on my USB and installed the FW. Next thing you know I'm back on the XMB, after 5 months of this error (yes I'm not joking).

Bare in mind that this may not be your error, I only figured out this fix after I sent my PS3 off to get fixed, got it back with a firmware on it and got the error 80029C9C (USB error) when installing a FW, which is where my assumption comes from.
Last edited by JustFuSiOn ; 10-07-2016 at 11:48 AM.

The following user thanked JustFuSiOn for this useful post:

LaRip8
10-08-2016, 12:41 AM #6
Ok thanks man i will try if not im gona put the cid up for free and dump this ps3 down the tip ��

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo