05-21-2019, 06:32 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I want to create a debug EBOOT, how would I obtain it from my actual disc? And where would I put the debug EBOOT afterwards? I don't see the game in either "GAMES" or "games" folder created even after booting the disc.
05-21-2019, 08:12 PM #2
AndyEwok
Save Point
Your EBOOT can be found in Dev_hdd0>game>game region code>USRDIR
05-21-2019, 11:45 PM #3
Originally posted by AndyEwok View Post

That's only if I'm using a backup of the game. What if I'm using an actual disc?
Last edited by FateNightroad ; 05-21-2019 at 11:46 PM.
05-22-2019, 12:20 AM #4
AndyEwok
Save Point
Originally posted by FateNightroad View Post

That's only if I'm using a backup of the game. What if I'm using an actual disc?

Homie, that's literally where it stores them. If you've opened the game and installed the update it will be there, I helped friends install mod menus to their disc games recently. Make sure you are checking the proper region code, when you open a folder double click the icon.png and make sure it's the right game.
05-22-2019, 07:42 AM #5
Originally posted by FateNightroad View Post

Homie, that's literally where it stores them. If you've opened the game and installed the update it will be there, I helped friends install mod menus to their disc games recently. Make sure you are checking the proper region code, when you open a folder double click the icon.png and make sure it's the right game.

I checked again. I only see the folder, "BLUS-31006_INSTALL", of my installed game, but I don't see the eboot inside that folder.
What if it's an RPG like Tales of Xillia, which has no updates, DLCs or anything?
05-22-2019, 10:59 AM #6
Use multiman or whatever to copy it to your ps3 or a hard drive. You could even use its file explorer to do that. Games on your PS3 will be in your \GAMES\ or \GAMEZ\ folder, while PSN games and game updates will be in the \game\ folder. Get your eboot.bin or whatever on your pc, decrypt it, and re-encrypt as an fself.

As for Xillia, I have done Tales Of Symphonia, Zestiria, and Beseria. Symphonia used *.sprx files which are basically a computer's equivalent of a *.dll file loaded into memory somewhere else. If that specific "Tales Of" game also uses sprx files, you'll need something like E/S/S/S/E Resigner to decrypt it, and then just treat it like a normal elf file and encrypt it as an fself.
05-23-2019, 12:26 AM #7
Originally posted by y8rz3l56ye2n8q View Post
Use multiman or whatever to copy it to your ps3 or a hard drive. You could even use its file explorer to do that. Games on your PS3 will be in your \GAMES\ or \GAMEZ\ folder, while PSN games and game updates will be in the \game\ folder. Get your eboot.bin or whatever on your pc, decrypt it, and re-encrypt as an fself.

As for Xillia, I have done Tales Of Symphonia, Zestiria, and Beseria. Symphonia used *.sprx files which are basically a computer's equivalent of a *.dll file loaded into memory somewhere else. If that specific "Tales Of" game also uses sprx files, you'll need something like E/S/S/S/E Resigner to decrypt it, and then just treat it like a normal elf file and encrypt it as an fself.

I'm using Multiman, my /GAMES folder is blank, but I do see a file called "FILEHEADER.TOFHDB" in my /game directory:
https://ibb.co/VmH9Tht

Is that the "eboot"?
05-23-2019, 02:52 AM #8
That is not your \GAMES\ folder, that is your \game\ folder.
Again:
Originally posted by another user
Games on your PS3 will be in your \GAMES\ or \GAMEZ\ folder, while PSN games and game updates will be in the \game\ folder.

\GAMES\ folder, not \game\
There is a major difference.
\GAMES\ or \GAMEZ\ has your PS3 disk games copied to it.
\game\ is the PS3's normal folder used for installing game data, game updates, and PSN games.
Elf files in \game\ requires npdrm encryption, elf files outside of it require non-npdrm encryption.
Last edited by y8rz3l56ye2n8q ; 05-23-2019 at 02:54 AM.
05-23-2019, 11:19 PM #9
Originally posted by y8rz3l56ye2n8q View Post
That is not your \GAMES\ folder, that is your \game\ folder.
Again:
Originally posted by another user
Games on your PS3 will be in your \GAMES\ or \GAMEZ\ folder, while PSN games and game updates will be in the \game\ folder.

\GAMES\ folder, not \game\
There is a major difference.
\GAMES\ or \GAMEZ\ has your PS3 disk games copied to it.
\game\ is the PS3's normal folder used for installing game data, game updates, and PSN games.
Elf files in \game\ requires npdrm encryption, elf files outside of it require non-npdrm encryption.

I do apologize for not being specific enough. Yes, that was my /game folder, the reason why I showed the /game folder and not /GAME was because there was nothing inside it:
https://ibb.co/jWp5GfX

That's why I showed you the /game folder because it had something pertaining to the game, eventhough it was an _INSTALL folder. I've already tried booting up Tales of Xillia, running around, save at a save point, and I still don't see any new folder being created in /GAME.
Last edited by FateNightroad ; 05-23-2019 at 11:21 PM.
05-24-2019, 12:09 AM #10
Put your disk in your PS3, open multiman, copy the EBOOT.BIN or whatever it uses and possible other .SELF/.BIN/.SPRX files to your PS3, and from there copy them to your computer and do what you need. Games that install game data don't always have a use for installing the eboot, so there's no guarantee it'll be on your PS3. If it's missing, get it from your disk using the file explorer in multiman.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo