01-25-2011, 01:57 PM #1
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I would very much prefer to run backups from disc than HDD

wondering if this is possible, it should be with LV2 access

maybe the lv2 patched allows it? Someone shed me some light please =D
01-25-2011, 02:04 PM #2
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
I would very much prefer to run backups from disc than HDD

wondering if this is possible, it should be with LV2 access

maybe the lv2 patched allows it? Someone shed me some light please =D

Umm maybe you could transfer the back up to you computer, then burn the backup to a blueray disc ( I doubt it but DVD might work if it's big enough) then try to launch it on ps3? Or if that docent work try to launch it from a backup manager, an use the lv2 thing before trying to launch the disc
Last edited by jonnyman69 ; 01-25-2011 at 02:10 PM.
01-25-2011, 02:07 PM #3
I think you already can, you just need to burn the files to a BR and then use a backup manager software to boot the game.
01-25-2011, 02:15 PM #4
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by level42 View Post
I think you already can, you just need to burn the files to a BR and then use a backup manager software to boot the game.

Ye that would make sense, as the disc is basically the same ad external storage

Blu ray discs are really cheap now, just don't want to buy a blu ray rewriter for nothing
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM #5
Why not just use an external HDD? The booting process would be exactly the same, just you wont have to change disks, plus the load times are faster from HDD.
01-25-2011, 02:22 PM #6
gola
OVER 9000!
Why not just use an external HDD? The booting process would be exactly the same, just you wont have to change disks, plus the load times are faster from HDD.

Backups on disc if working would make it so ALL games would work unlike alot of games that run bad, errors black screens some parts of the game etc and games that no ones got working like CoD W@W and CoD4. Just saying cos if someone got backups on disc working it would be awesome. So in conclusion backups on disc is better than running of hard drives of any sort.

OT: Burning to blu-ray, then putting disc in, then running the disc using a backup manager that shows disc games and allows you to copy/play would work just run using that IMO would work, makes sense to me.

I would do this myself but I'd have to buy a blu-ray burner/writer whatever and they're like $200... and I'm not exactly made of money.
Last edited by gola ; 01-25-2011 at 02:25 PM.
01-25-2011, 02:25 PM #7
I'll give this a shot when I go home, I have a blu ray burner and i'm sure I have a few blanks around the place

The following user thanked spacemanrocks for this useful post:

gola
01-25-2011, 02:25 PM #8
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right

Also then I could sell to ppl I know :evil:
01-25-2011, 02:27 PM #9
gola
OVER 9000!
Originally posted by spacemanrocks View Post
I'll give this a shot when I go home, I have a blu ray burner and i'm sure I have a few blanks around the place

Thanks so much man, make sure to try running it using the lv2 patcher homebrew/ a CFW with lv2 patched properly, and try running it from a backup manager menu.
01-25-2011, 02:27 PM #10
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
We could also play games with files over 4gb without needing them on internal HDD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo