06-22-2011, 02:14 AM #1
dubeyduck
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); update slynk has confirmed this working:dance::dance:

so iv just been looking on a thread on a website and some 1 over at psx scene as posted the
qa flag combo i think you deside this is wot he posted

you need to have the cursor on 'Network Settings' - (it needs to be 3.55 OFW BTW - Rebug won't work - I've already established that) - and do the following button combo -

L2 + L1 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down.

There's your button combo.'Edy Viewer' will pop up - Debug Settings will pop up - Install Package will pop up (but it's kinda useless anyway since only retail packages will install, and only the first PKG on the root of the USB stick - yes - seriously). Now you only need to figure out the rest. Yes, this one works - don't worry about it - just go figure out the rest.

BTW - in case some people immediately start trying this out and telling me 'Hey Square - this doesn't bleepin* work' - remember - there are still some pieces of the puzzle missing - the 'community' needs to figure these out. But the button combo is in the bag - don't worry about it anymore, don't go fruitlessly reversing anymore looking for a possible sign of life of this 'button combo' - you've got it. Now figure out the rest

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

update so iv just found this to
i dont no if this is true or not just fort i would add it

"Change byte 48 of the token seed to 0x02, hash it, encrypt it, write it to eeprom and flag yourself. Button combo is L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+dpad down. Only works on retail firmware.

By byte 48, I mean the 48th byte. Note that in programming the array of the token seed begins with index 0. So the 48th byte would be seed[47];

this info is more than enough to get someone to make an app."

UPDATE

and here is a tut on how to qa flag your ps3 that slynk posted on his blog
thanks to lionsfan402 for the link
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by dubeyduck ; 06-22-2011 at 11:20 AM.

The following 14 users say thank you to dubeyduck for this useful post:

Okami, add_me, AMNE, Daddy, eazynow82, forcer911, Jakeyy, Kill_tony485, killa skillz, Nas., player82, SmokingBanana, Solid Snake, ULG Poison

The following user groaned dubeyduck for this awful post:

DesmondS95
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM #110
yoh2
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by kevd2011 View Post
look mate i only asked a question would it lead to a downgrade i dont no anything about it im new to this so dont get cheeky with me thats what forums are for

First, you can't do this if you are on 3.56+, because the button combo was changed after that. It is also said that if you do this on 3.55 and update to any higher firmware the options won't stay=no downgrade.
06-22-2011, 07:03 PM #111
Well. This sucks considering I just updated my 3.55 ps3 a week ago...
06-22-2011, 07:22 PM #112
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
Originally posted by greenwolfe7 View Post
Oh I do too mate I was just saying that I had thought the main reason MOST people wanted this was to be able to upgrade to 3.65 or whatever version they choose then be able to downgrade. There are several other options I wanna explore. Then after I commented I saw who you were you've done alot of work on applications among other things for ngu I know that. You wouldn't happen to be able to point me in the direction of a good soldering kit would you by chance?

Sorry bro. I absolutely suck at hardware...
06-22-2011, 07:43 PM #113
TrueDemise
Gym leader
Originally posted by MCPADDINGTON View Post
No it doesn't, if you read through the thread on psx-scene you would know that and Mathieulh didn't downgrade from 3.56+
Well according to KaKaRoToKS the QA Flag is permanent, I'm just going by what he said.
06-22-2011, 08:01 PM #114
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Originally posted by another user
Well according to KaKaRoToKS the QA Flag is permanent, I'm just going by what he said.

And KaKaRoToKs said that like 2 months ago before 3.60+ so then sony could have changed it since KaKa said that, we need recent info off him and math
06-22-2011, 08:30 PM #115
kevd2011
Save Point
Originally posted by yoh2 View Post
First, you can't do this if you are on 3.56+, because the button combo was changed after that. It is also said that if you do this on 3.55 and update to any higher firmware the options won't stay=no downgrade.

Thats what i was asking and will there be a downgrade soon there was no need for you to be so rude to me but thanks anyway for the info
06-22-2011, 08:58 PM #116
yoh2
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by kevd2011 View Post
Thats what i was asking and will there be a downgrade soon there was no need for you to be so rude to me but thanks anyway for the info

we don't know yet, because someone said it's permanent, which means downgrade is possible, some others said it's only while on 3.55.
06-22-2011, 09:58 PM #117
mateo124
Bounty hunter
I was wondering, if I QA flag my 3.55 PS3 and then decide to update to 3.65, would I need a key combo for 3.65 to downgrade back or to use QA debug settings or is it once you do it its permenant?
06-22-2011, 10:12 PM #118
Ok so is this pretty much useless...? I've been lurking mathielh's twitter and some guy asked "what happens if i set the QA Token and FLAG and then update to FW 3.60+ ? Will i lost my token and flag?" to which he replied... "The token/flag won't work"

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo