Post: Phat PS3: Firmware 3.6x Downgrade via Infectus + Waninkoko Brick Fix
06-28-2011, 11:08 PM #1
-Daemon-
HELL IS HERE
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You may have to read the title of this article a few times to soak in what I just said. Spanish hacker and PS3Hax member, dospiedras1973, has released a method he has been working on for 2 months to downgrade 265mb NAND PS3s, aka Phat PS3′s from firmware 3.6x. His method requires fancy flashing, and the use of the Infectus mod chip for PS3…so it requires soldering skills and is no “easy feat”. This also fixes the Waninkoko brick that many people had issues with a while back.

Originally posted by another user
Hello, I’ve been working on this project about two months nowsince I’ve gotten to work as public so that everyone can use,this tutorial is for consoles with 256MB NAND flash does not mean it does not work in 16MB in itself is changed almostthe same in those with normal flash, but because even I havemy fat ****ing 16mb 80GB I have not been able to neither prove nor verified.

Nougat (the phrase I owe to some forero around here that I really liked the expression):

With INFECTUS flash0.bin and we get our nand flash1.bin asin the tutorial to repair bad lukin nands do the same process until we get our dump flashfinal.bin 256MB

nand we open this with a simple hex editor and look for this part editor

“00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 6F FF E0”

ay you will see that just under a very similar line, I find this datain the offset 000C0020 may vary according to the nand andthe party starts here:-D

EVEN replace that line with the file if you use the hxd1patchcos.bin get in the first 0 of the line -> right click and paste writing before you have to have an open 1patchcos.binhxd in hex ​​and copy its contents to can paste .[ps3hax.net]

“00 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 40″

and in the same way as the first patched patched this alsocojemos 2patchtrvk.bin pack the file and replace the entire contents including the “00 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 40”

then we take the option we use reescramble flowrebuilder thisdump so we rebuild our flash0.ECC.bin and flash1.ECC.bin

and flash the result, when you finish you will notice that the PS3 now has a nice on but black screen, it cojemos ourfactory jig to put it into service mode and put it in factory, thenthe typical cojemos lv2diag of yore and the pup you please

(NOTE: the first pup that metais will stay in the console as the minimum version that you can downgrade then, if you want tolose 3.55 to 3.41 then you will have to put the pup up to 3.41before 3.55 or 3.55 will remain in that if cost will not rewrite thedump again to downgrade to lower the pup that you put thefirst time.)

then you put your factory lv2diag to leave the service and you’re good

Note: this applies to repair the brick Waninkoko NAND NOTDONATED plates even sem-001 (tested) (and stepdowngrade xD)

Thanks to:
all channel # irc-hispano darkps3 for supporting me for so long
to donate the INFECTUS austaquio32 to achieve to continuewith my project
to Nodial2ne paid for the help locating files in the nand
to robs1 for helping throughout the process with ideas tomake this possible

and everyone who was patient and not by private haunts mexD

below is a pic of the infectus modchip install (so you can get an idea of kind of soldering skills required):

SOURCE

You must login or register to view this content.

DOWNLOAD AT

SEE GOOD THING COME TO PEOPLE WHO WAIT WE HAD QA FLAG DOWNGRADE NOW INFECTUS DOWNGRADE WHAT NEXT FULL QA FLAG

[multipage=UPDATE FOR MOD DOWNGRADE ]

I had every intention of posting this yesterday when @CondeChocula dropped word ... but I was out drinking, enjoying the sun on the Hooters patio downtown. My man Matthew can back that up. Anyway, that's neither here nor there -- this is downgrading/unbricking your PS3 with InFeCtuS.

InFeCtuS is a versatile modchip working with not only the PS3 but other consoles too ... but of course we're going to be talking about the PS3 right now -- the 256MB NAND PS3s -- CECHA / CECHB / CECHC / CECHE / CECHG.

dospiedras1973 shares a [Spanish] guide that details what's necessary to downgrade PS3 firmware 3.6X, or maybe even recover a bricked console, using the InFeCtuS modchip. Now this isn't for the faint of heart -- you need a steady hand and some serious soldering skills to ensure everything goes smoothly. It'll probably help if you understand Spanish too; Google Translate doesn't do the best job.

For the moment there isn't, or at least I can't find any, tutorials that explain the InFeCtuS installation for PS3 ... just diagrams, which a simple Google image search'll turn up. Attached are a few below, but like I said, this hardware hack ain't easy.

If anyone has the InFeCtuS chip, the skills, and would like to document and share their experience, then please, do it up. Holler at us afterward; we'd love to hear from you.

Where can you buy an InFeCtuS chip?

SOURCE
[multipage=INFO ON MODCHIP ]

Left one is infectus 2
Right one is external PCB .

InFeCtuS is the first versatile modchip ever released in the market, created to work with many different consoles. InFeCtuS will give you access to so many features that it`s impossible to describe them all today, some are still in development and more will come in the future, just stay tuned on xxxxx

We developed this modchip with an OPEN concept, we use a CORE reprogrammable, a 512kb flash on board and an USB interface for the PC communication.

The hardware has a very HIGH QUALITY component design:

* The core of INFECTUS is the new ACTEL ProASIC3 FAMILY, the new family after the famous APA075 used in the past in many PS2 projects.
* We used a 512Kb parallel flash SSTSF040, with a high transfer rate and performance.
* Finally, we have got a REAL USB2.0 processor. This high quality component can manage the communication between ACTEL and PC (mini usb connector).
* All of the chip PLD/FLASH/USB parts are 100% reprogrammable via USB communication.
* For security reasons, all of the applications stored in the flash are AES 128-bit encrypted, to protect our work against chinese market!
* The project is produced in Europe with the last technology of BSDL testing.

The new Infectus modchip

Being InFeCtuS so versatile, we want to show you at least a little part of its features, ordered by console.

XBOX360 SUPPORT:

* X360 CPU TIME ATTACK DOWNGRADE DASHBOARD (necessary downgrade ADDON)
* Allows to gain total access over the XBOX360 flash driver, so that you can read and write the internal flash of any X360 DVD READER in the market.
Everything can be managed with a very simple and user friendly PC software.
* COMPLETE SUPPORT OF BENQ DRIVERS
* FLASH ID realtime patching, your xbox360 cannot understand if there is any flash running other than the original one.
* GLOBE MODCHIP 360 100% emulation including ON / OFF LED

PS3 SUPPORT:
PS3 NAND FLASHER, allow to read and write nand flash of PS3.
Every BIOS is signed for every consoles, so is not possible to use a BIOS from a different PS3 in another.
Right now is possible to backup the firmware and restore it in the same console, good for BIOS backup, to update and downgrade the firmware of the console
PS3 NAND FLASHER allow the developer to study and analyze the PS3 BIOS in a easy way
Last edited by -Daemon- ; 07-05-2011 at 10:14 AM.

The following 9 users say thank you to -Daemon- for this useful post:

Brentdevent, Famas103, forcer911, killa skillz, Mr__Shalemari, TEXAS24_ReStEr, Weescotty, xMo
06-29-2011, 03:42 AM #38
GunZGuy
Like a Boss
Originally posted by ClutchLikeDemon View Post
i pay £10.01/2 p Smile

£109,827,182.09 Smile
06-29-2011, 03:46 AM #39
naha09
Gobble
does it even work ?
06-29-2011, 03:59 AM #40
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by PsYcHoSiS View Post
Doubt it..
As far as I know the Slim has 2 NAND chips and a NOR

Actually the Slims have a single NAND. It varies from either one Samsung or Spansion chip. But nonetheless they have one NAND.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by gunzguy View Post
Cant someone just buy a bulk of NANDs, solder them all and sell them to have people install into their ps3 by themselves?

You could buy NAND, but you'd have to flash them, and NAND flashes are console specific which would rendered a waste of money on dud NANDs.
06-29-2011, 04:45 AM #41
Even though this is a very hard method, the hardest one often leads to an easy exploit. Remember the old jailbreak that you had to buy, then it was open source, then there was a downgrade, then CFW came along.
06-29-2011, 06:20 AM #42
not even gonna attempt... im poop at soldering
06-29-2011, 10:05 AM #43
shouldnt be too difficult, I just got done soldering something like that 10 minutes ago.
06-29-2011, 01:18 PM #44
forcer911
Space Ninja
I rather wait this is the most risky hack for ps3
06-29-2011, 01:20 PM #45
FIFACoinStore
FIFA COIN SUPPLIER
Just done it on my other ps3 , very good , my other ps3 is happily on 3.55 and now this one is on 3.41. Happy

The following 2 users groaned at FIFACoinStore for this awful post:

Stack0verfl0w, TEXAS24_ReStEr
06-29-2011, 02:37 PM #46
Battler624
I’m too L33T
waiting for a noob-friendly tut

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo