Post: How to play PS2 games and add Codebreaker codes [DEX]
04-20-2015, 05:26 PM #1
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello guys!
If you're looking how to play your favourite PS2 games with your PS3 DEX, and add in case Codebreaker codes in it, you're in the right place. It's very easy, so let's start Smile

N.B : I'm using Rebug 4.70 DEX for this tutorial.

CONTENT YOU NEED!​

- A PS3 on DEX Firmware ( CEX firmwares support PS2 aswell, but here we are going to use the method for DEX )
- WinRAR
- ImgBurn or any ISO writer
- Your PS2 ISO game
- Codebreaker pack files You must login or register to view this content.

Ok, because we are on DEX, ps2 classics method won't work. It only works for CEX. But, Rebug has Cobra Mode, means we can play ISO games.
So, let's boot Rebug Toolbox first, and let's go here :

You must login or register to view this content.

Put Toggle COBRA Mode : Enabled
Toggle PS2 Emulator : COBRA
Toggle webMAN : Enabled

First, we need to create a PS2 Memory Card. You can do it from XMB, on " Utility save data PS2 ". After created, you have to assign it to " Slot 1 ".

After this, we have to restart ps3, so just reboot it.
Let's move on PC. We need the ISO of our game so :
a) If you have a disc game, we can extract the ISO from it. If you follow this, go to a2.
b) Just search the ISO of your game in internet and download it.

a2) Ok, we need to extract the ISO from our disc. Just open ImgBurn, and click " Create image file from Disc "

Put your disc, then select the Source where your disc is placed. You can also edit the destination of the ISO. After that's let's boot it by clicking on the disc icon.
Then wait till it finishes. Now we should have the ISO placed in the destination we have chosen.

Now, if you want simply play your game, place the ISO in " dev_hdd0/PS2ISO " on your PS3 with a File Manager, or Filezilla. Then you can mount your game from mmCM or webMAN, and play it.
If you get a no-signal in your TV, check the settings on Rebug Toolbox, and make sure that PS2 Emulator is set to COBRA.
If you still have no-signal, you might have to change the resolution. in XMB, go on " Settings ", then " Display settings " and change your video resolution from 1080i/1080p to 720p. Then try again.

HOW TO ADD CODEBREAKER FILES IN OUR GAME​

With Codebreaker, you can " mod " the game. You will be able to use various codes for your game.
Let's right click in our ISO, and choose " Extract to (namefile) " and wait till it finishes.
Now enter on the main directory of the game : here we have to place three files, that you can get from the Codebreaker pack. The files are :

BOOT.ELF
CODEBREAKER V10.ELF
SYSTEM.CNF

For SYSTEM.CNF, you will be asked if you wanna replace the file, select yes. Now, rename the " CODEBREAKER V10.ELF " to simply " CODEBREAKER.ELF ".
Now we have to make our custom ISO. Open ImgBurn, and select " Create image file from files/folders "

Now, click on " Browse for a folder... " . It's an icon of a folder. Then select the main folder of your game ( the folder where ALL FILES are placed ).
Select the destination, click on build.

Now you should get this message :

Click YES.
Then you should get another window, where you will be asked to put a name for the volume label. Put no names in ISO9660 and UDF, so like this :

Click YES, then OK. Just wait.

When it finished, you always have to put the ISO in dev_hdd0/PS2ISO, mount it and boot it.

The game now will not boot as normally, it will bring you in a grey window instead. In upper right you should see
" LaunchELF v4.42b ".
Your controller will turn off. Plug it with a cable and turn it back on. Then press CIRCLE for enter FileBrowser.
Move to cdfs :/ and press CIRCLE. Move to CODEBREA.ELF and press CIRCLE.
Codebreaker program now will load. After it loaded, go on " Select Cheats " and press X. Look for your game, when you are on it, press D-PAD right and enable the codes you want. Then press start. You will be again in the main menu, now press Start Game. It will ask you to insert the disc, press OK and LaunchELF will load again.
Go again in cdfs :/ and press CIRCLE in " SLUS_XXX.XX ".
Your game should boot and you will have the codes enabled!!

N.B = Maybe some games will not work with CODEBREAKER files added on it. It will give you " no signal " as a result.

If requested, I'll make a video tutorial. Enjoy!

The following 7 users say thank you to ZackFairFF7X for this useful post:

A_Gen_Fiasco, HiddenHour, iClems, mugenmike911, samet2013, wajdi9, windrider
05-17-2015, 08:13 PM #29
Nice, little tutorial there man.

The following user thanked DemBlackhawks for this useful post:

ZackFairFF7X
05-18-2015, 12:08 AM #30
Originally posted by ZackFairFF7X View Post
Hmmm.. what game you tried?
Also, if you can, try a different game

Socom 1.
05-18-2015, 01:15 PM #31
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Funyuns View Post
Socom 1.

I don't know dude.
If you can try a different game, and report what happens, that would be great Smile
06-18-2015, 03:22 PM #32
real1983
NextGenUpdate Elite
ok im on rebug 4.70.1 also DEX with latest rebug toolbox installed properly but i dont have the cobra options or ps2 emulator options as you do only webman debug menu type is rebug or whatever you get when you install how can i get the cobra options on mine and do i have to switch to cex QA menu type to get those options if so if im on DEX will it change anything or break something i dont spoof and dont want to im doing perfect with things the way they ar except i really want to enable cobra and ps2 emulator but cant and i have PS2ISO folder with my need for speed underground 2 iso in it and cant mount cuz i use irisman 3.46 and when i did mount as folder or mount and exit to xmb i still cant play the game or see it anywhere and when i mounted as folder i thought i broke something cuz then i couldnt load ps3 games luckly i just restarted ps3 and could mount my games installed again and and i did enable webamn in toolbox but dont see anythig different or know how to use it at all ive looked for all these questions and found nothing that worked now there is 3.47 irisman out but im scared to update cuz i didnt do the ps3 a friend did all the work and he has the fan set perfect but im scared if update it will change or break something along with i wasnt sure if i didnt have the full rebug tool box and im not sure if thats why i dont have the cobra enable etc options or not but also scared to change or break something if install another or updated or full version rebug toolbox cuz it says to install toolbox then restart ps3 then choose current lvl patches or choose all lvl patches then reboot again and then you will bot or need to boot into OtherOS and do some shit and im like WTF is all that i just want to play a few psx and ps2 games damn but im new to the cfw and jb ps3 scene and scared to do basically anything i dont want to break or mess something up please if you or anyone else could help me id be greatly appreciated thanks sincerely REAL
06-18-2015, 04:02 PM #33
Originally posted by ZackFairFF7X View Post
Hello guys!
If you're looking how to play your favourite PS2 games with your PS3 DEX, and add in case Codebreaker codes in it, you're in the right place. It's very easy, so let's start Smile

N.B : I'm using Rebug 4.70 DEX for this tutorial.

CONTENT YOU NEED!​

- A PS3 on DEX Firmware ( CEX firmwares support PS2 aswell, but here we are going to use the method for DEX )
- WinRAR
- ImgBurn or any ISO writer
- Your PS2 ISO game
- Codebreaker pack files You must login or register to view this content.

Ok, because we are on DEX, ps2 classics method won't work. It only works for CEX. But, Rebug has Cobra Mode, means we can play ISO games.
So, let's boot Rebug Toolbox first, and let's go here :

Put Toggle COBRA Mode : Enabled
Toggle PS2 Emulator : COBRA
Toggle webMAN : Enabled

First, we need to create a PS2 Memory Card. You can do it from XMB, on " Utility save data PS2 ". After created, you have to assign it to " Slot 1 ".

After this, we have to restart ps3, so just reboot it.
Let's move on PC. We need the ISO of our game so :
a) If you have a disc game, we can extract the ISO from it. If you follow this, go to a2.
b) Just search the ISO of your game in internet and download it.

a2) Ok, we need to extract the ISO from our disc. Just open ImgBurn, and click " Create image file from Disc "

Put your disc, then select the Source where your disc is placed. You can also edit the destination of the ISO. After that's let's boot it by clicking on the disc icon.
Then wait till it finishes. Now we should have the ISO placed in the destination we have chosen.

Now, if you want simply play your game, place the ISO in " dev_hdd0/PS2ISO " on your PS3 with a File Manager, or Filezilla. Then you can mount your game from mmCM or webMAN, and play it.
If you get a no-signal in your TV, check the settings on Rebug Toolbox, and make sure that PS2 Emulator is set to COBRA.
If you still have no-signal, you might have to change the resolution. in XMB, go on " Settings ", then " Display settings " and change your video resolution from 1080i/1080p to 720p. Then try again.

HOW TO ADD CODEBREAKER FILES IN OUR GAME​

With Codebreaker, you can " mod " the game. You will be able to use various codes for your game.
Let's right click in our ISO, and choose " Extract to (namefile) " and wait till it finishes.
Now enter on the main directory of the game : here we have to place three files, that you can get from the Codebreaker pack. The files are :

BOOT.ELF
CODEBREAKER V10.ELF
SYSTEM.CNF

For SYSTEM.CNF, you will be asked if you wanna replace the file, select yes. Now, rename the " CODEBREAKER V10.ELF " to simply " CODEBREAKER.ELF ".
Now we have to make our custom ISO. Open ImgBurn, and select " Create image file from files/folders "

Now, click on " Browse for a folder... " . It's an icon of a folder. Then select the main folder of your game ( the folder where ALL FILES are placed ).
Select the destination, click on build.

Now you should get this message :

Click YES.
Then you should get another window, where you will be asked to put a name for the volume label. Put no names in ISO9660 and UDF, so like this :

Click YES, then OK. Just wait.

When it finished, you always have to put the ISO in dev_hdd0/PS2ISO, mount it and boot it.

The game now will not boot as normally, it will bring you in a grey window instead. In upper right you should see
" LaunchELF v4.42b ".
Your controller will turn off. Plug it with a cable and turn it back on. Then press CIRCLE for enter FileBrowser.
Move to cdfs :/ and press CIRCLE. Move to CODEBREA.ELF and press CIRCLE.
Codebreaker program now will load. After it loaded, go on " Select Cheats " and press X. Look for your game, when you are on it, press D-PAD right and enable the codes you want. Then press start. You will be again in the main menu, now press Start Game. It will ask you to insert the disc, press OK and LaunchELF will load again.
Go again in cdfs :/ and press CIRCLE in " SLUS_XXX.XX ".
Your game should boot and you will have the codes enabled!!

N.B = Maybe some games will not work with CODEBREAKER files added on it. It will give you " no signal " as a result.

If requested, I'll make a video tutorial. Enjoy!

Nice post Woot

The following user thanked samet2013 for this useful post:

ZackFairFF7X
06-18-2015, 04:40 PM #34
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by DuncanKeith View Post
Nice, little tutorial there man.

Originally posted by samet2013 View Post
Nice post Woot

Thank you Smile

Originally posted by real1983 View Post
ok im on rebug 4.70.1 also DEX with latest rebug toolbox installed properly but i dont have the cobra options or ps2 emulator options as you do only webman debug menu type is rebug or whatever you get when you install how can i get the cobra options on mine and do i have to switch to cex QA menu type to get those options if so if im on DEX will it change anything or break something i dont spoof and dont want to im doing perfect with things the way they ar except i really want to enable cobra and ps2 emulator but cant and i have PS2ISO folder with my need for speed underground 2 iso in it and cant mount cuz i use irisman 3.46 and when i did mount as folder or mount and exit to xmb i still cant play the game or see it anywhere and when i mounted as folder i thought i broke something cuz then i couldnt load ps3 games luckly i just restarted ps3 and could mount my games installed again and and i did enable webamn in toolbox but dont see anythig different or know how to use it at all ive looked for all these questions and found nothing that worked now there is 3.47 irisman out but im scared to update cuz i didnt do the ps3 a friend did all the work and he has the fan set perfect but im scared if update it will change or break something along with i wasnt sure if i didnt have the full rebug tool box and im not sure if thats why i dont have the cobra enable etc options or not but also scared to change or break something if install another or updated or full version rebug toolbox cuz it says to install toolbox then restart ps3 then choose current lvl patches or choose all lvl patches then reboot again and then you will bot or need to boot into OtherOS and do some shit and im like WTF is all that i just want to play a few psx and ps2 games damn but im new to the cfw and jb ps3 scene and scared to do basically anything i dont want to break or mess something up please if you or anyone else could help me id be greatly appreciated thanks sincerely REAL

Replied on PM, as you sent one to me Smile

The following user thanked ZackFairFF7X for this useful post:

samet2013
06-18-2015, 06:36 PM #35
Why Can't I use Multiman to extract my games I thought Multiman can do that.
06-18-2015, 06:49 PM #36
Also when i Toggled COBRA Mode : Enabled it won't load the PS3 anymore i'm on 4.65.2 D-REX with SEN Enabler V5.8.2

i guess i have to reinstall the freaking firmware.
06-18-2015, 07:33 PM #37
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Buzzacoo View Post
Also when i Toggled COBRA Mode : Enabled it won't load the PS3 anymore i'm on 4.65.2 D-REX with SEN Enabler V5.8.2

i guess i have to reinstall the freaking firmware.

I don't know, I think it's SEN Enabler fault

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo