06-12-2017, 06:44 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was in the process of JB my ps3 with the E3 flasher. When I was installing the bkpps3_patched.bin (renamed to bkpps3.bin), my power cut off in the middle of the installation. And now whenever I try to turn it on, I get 3 beeps and then continuous red flashing lights. It didn't seem like it at first but it might be a YLOD. The yellow light is very subtle and instant before the red. Can anyone help me if I can fix this issue with the e3 flasher? Please and thanks
06-12-2017, 07:24 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by 2 View Post
I was in the process of JB my ps3 with the E3 flasher. When I was installing the bkpps3_patched.bin (renamed to bkpps3.bin), my power cut off in the middle of the installation. And now whenever I try to turn it on, I get 3 beeps and then continuous red flashing lights. It didn't seem like it at first but it might be a YLOD. The yellow light is very subtle and instant before the red. Can anyone help me if I can fix this issue with the e3 flasher? Please and thanks

Assuming nothing shorted, this is probably a result of the unfinished and now corrupt flash.

You should be able to fix this by installing a good backup (if you have one).

Since the console will not power on properly, you will need to solder a wire from the tristate to a ground. This will keep the console powered so that you can flash a good backup to it.

E3 flasher's switches should be "flash fun" up, the rest down.

Once you flash a good backup, you can remove the wire and try to power on the console.

If all is good, you can try to install your patched backup and continue as normal.

If it doesn't work, your good backup was corrupt and you'll be s.o.l. Sal

Good luck! need any more help, just ask.
06-12-2017, 07:59 PM #3
Ok if the backups are the bkpps3.bin, then yes I have those if not then no I don't have.
Also I do have a soldering iron. but I have little to no knowledge with the wire type or ground / tristate. Could you maybe link me to some type of step by step guide or help me yourself. Thanks you
06-12-2017, 10:11 PM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
Ok if the backups are the bkpps3.bin, then yes I have those if not then no I don't have.
Also I do have a soldering iron. but I have little to no knowledge with the wire type or ground / tristate. Could you maybe link me to some type of step by step guide or help me yourself. Thanks you

Yes, the bkpps3.bin is the backup.

You can use speaker wire if you have it laying around. Any wire to match the size of the point(s) you need to solder. 18g copper wire would be fine. The important part is that you do not damage or rip off the solder point to the tristate. It's not too hard, just be careful.

What model is your Ps3? cech?????
06-12-2017, 10:36 PM #5
I have a Cech-2001A. I did find the ground and tristate from a YouTube video. (You must login or register to view this content.) am I able to solder them with a charger wire (black or red) or a headphone wire? and if I am successful at turning it on, when flashing the backup, do I use the plain dump or do I patch it?
06-12-2017, 10:58 PM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3
I have a Cech-2001A. I did find the ground and tristate from a YouTube video. (You must login or register to view this content.) am I able to solder them with a charger wire (black or red) or a headphone wire? and if I am successful at turning it on, when flashing the backup, do I use the plain dump or do I patch it?

A wire from a charger would work but I don't know about wire from headphones..

You can also just stick the ground into the fan plug ground if you want one less thing to solder..

You want to just try the original backup first (the original that you dumped before patching), because if that doesn't work, then the patched one definitely will not work.

Then after everything is back to normal, then you can go about it as your would normally. Patch your backup and and flash it to the ps3.
Last edited by Dro ; 06-12-2017 at 11:41 PM.
06-13-2017, 04:47 AM #7
Thank you so much. I just finished with jb my ps3 thanks to you. The soldering wire worked, and the backup worked and my ps3 was no longer bricked, Thank you so much you have been a very big help.

The following user thanked killme_1_2 for this useful post:

Dro

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo