08-26-2017, 02:08 AM #1
Dsryan
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys,

Yet another snag, argh, lol.

I recently bought this console from eBay. I tried to sign in on cex*and it worked no problem. I followed a guide on dump eid > rewrite target in flash > swap lv2 kernel and now its on DEX (system information says lv2 kernal is cex, target type is dex).

I tried to sign into psn and get error code 8002A224. I told the guy who sold me the console this and he said that I need to reinstall the dex update after I changed it over, but absolutely no guide tells me to do this?

So far I have tried the following:*

* NP Environment set to 'np'
* Release check mode set to 'Awesome faceevelopment Mode'
* Boot mode set to 'system software mode'
* Network settings in the debug menu has been set to single
* I tried to change the active ps3id but this also presented me with an error code (I think it was the psid?), so I turned off the setting 'disable sys etc etc' and it managed to change to DEX, still to no avail.

Any ideas guys? I don't think its console banned due to the fact I can sign in with cex?
08-26-2017, 07:10 AM #2
MR.MCGOO
Gym leader
try and redo the lv2 setting in rebug toolbox. do the top option first then the second. worked for me. everytime i did second option it wasnt changing them both to dex like yours. did the other way and it worked. try that.. hopefully it works Smile anyone else got an idea?
08-26-2017, 09:16 AM #3
Dsryan
Save Point
Originally posted by hillbillyhacz View Post
try and redo the lv2 setting in rebug toolbox. do the top option first then the second. worked for me. everytime i did second option it wasnt changing them both to dex like yours. did the other way and it worked. try that.. hopefully it works Smile anyone else got an idea?

So, I ended up fixing it.. I unticked "disable cfw syscalls" and now I can change current ps3id to cex and login to psn.

Now, when I load game through webman and try to start it I get a black screen as if it is indeed starting and then it stops and takes me back to xmb. Argh, lol; any ideas?
Last edited by OfficialJesseP ; 08-26-2017 at 09:22 AM.
08-26-2017, 09:40 AM #4
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
Alright. First of all error code 8002A224 means your cid is invalid. This happens when converting to dex cause the system changes the region of the cid to 82 (debug). To solve this you need to use the cid your ps3 used before converting and set it on boot via ccapi or set it on boot via webman or going to rebug toolbox and changing you ps3id to cex. As for games kicking you back to the xmb its because they don't run on dex. Some games you can fix that with an eboot (GTA, W@W, etc) Other games just won't play (MGS V for example)

The following user thanked Calculus for this useful post:

MR.MCGOO
08-26-2017, 12:14 PM #5
Dsryan
Save Point
Ah, alright that makes sense.

Do you know where I could get an eboot?

Edit to add: I changed boot mode to release and it worked. Will this be ok to mod online with this setting?
Last edited by Dsryan ; 08-26-2017 at 12:44 PM.
08-26-2017, 01:03 PM #6
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
Originally posted by Dsryan View Post
Ah, alright that makes sense.

Do you know where I could get an eboot?

Edit to add: I changed boot mode to release and it worked. Will this be ok to mod online with this setting?

Yes, you will be fine
08-26-2017, 01:44 PM #7
Dsryan
Save Point
Thanks for all your help man

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo