01-23-2018, 10:30 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was on rebugtool and switched the XMB to CEX. After that I got stuck on a black screen and I’m having issues entering recovery mode. Any help?
01-24-2018, 07:40 PM #2
Gommy
I’m too L33T
When you say youre having entering recovery mode, can you access it at all?
01-26-2018, 08:37 PM #3
Originally posted by Gommy View Post
When you say youre having entering recovery mode, can you access it at all?

I saw another thread about unbricking and followed the steps it required to go into recovery mode. I tried a few times and got it to go once, and when it did it said there was no storage media when I had a flash drive in the right port. It was also formatted correctly with the folders named as it should be.
Last edited by dattokai ; 01-26-2018 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Typo
01-27-2018, 10:13 AM #4
Gommy
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by dattokai View Post
I saw another thread about unbricking and followed the steps it required to go into recovery mode. I tried a few times and got it to go once, and when it did it said there was no storage media when I had a flash drive in the right port. It was also formatted correctly with the folders named as it should be.

Have you used the Memory stick before with that PS3? When I bricked mine, I tried 5 different memory sticks all formatted and layed out correctly but it didnt read any. Had to use an old one that wasnt formatted etc.
01-27-2018, 11:09 PM #5
Originally posted by Gommy View Post
Have you used the Memory stick before with that PS3? When I bricked mine, I tried 5 different memory sticks all formatted and layed out correctly but it didnt read any. Had to use an old one that wasnt formatted etc.

Yes it’s the same stick I used to jailbreak it to debug 4.81. I do have another I can try and a few more. I’ll try to get it into recovery mode again and try multiple sticks and let you know what happens.
Also, it says I need to install an update 3.50 or higher, is that because I jailbroke it? Previously when my PS3 would only update by stick in recovery back in maybe 2013, it said to install an update 4.xx or higher. Should I try to reinstall the jailbreak, OFW 4.81, or CFW 3.5x?
01-27-2018, 11:12 PM #6
Gommy
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by dattokai View Post
Yes it’s the same stick I used to jailbreak it to debug 4.81. I do have another I can try and a few more. I’ll try to get it into recovery mode again and try multiple sticks and let you know what happens.
Also, it says I need to install an update 3.50 or higher, is that because I jailbroke it? Previously when my PS3 would only update by stick in recovery back in maybe 2013, it said to install an update 4.xx or higher. Should I try to reinstall the jailbreak, OFW 4.81, or CFW 3.5x?

Im sure there was a FW to use if bricked that the ps3 detetced as "OFW" but it was still CFW and you could install this, then your cfw on top. Think it was 9.99 downgrader or something.
01-28-2018, 01:41 AM #7
EB-_-MoDz
Bounty hunter
I have the same problem as soon as i boot my ps3 it says please install 2.70 or higher and ive tried everything i can think of
01-28-2018, 02:34 AM #8
UkHazeOG
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by MoDz View Post
I have the same problem as soon as i boot my ps3 it says please install 2.70 or higher and ive tried everything i can think of

I had this problem you want to use 9.99 downgrader then use 3.55 habbib or any 3.55 cfw apart from geo and with this you need to toggle qa flash with install pkg file then jump back up to your recommended firmware this should sort that out please let me know how you get on
01-28-2018, 04:59 PM #9
EB-_-MoDz
Bounty hunter
Thanks imma try rn
03-18-2018, 07:51 PM #10
So can someone actually help still? Steps and links for what to download, etc. I haven’t tried anything yet because I’m new to all this and didn’t want to make things worse.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo