Post: How To Make a PSGroove ModChop ( Same Exact Thing AS PsJailBreak But this is Free!! )
09-09-2010, 11:21 AM #1
ComoSexual
Old Mutant Fat Turtles
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok Guys i Done The Search Was Able To Get Something From My Cousin This Is Basicly PS3 Jaill Break But This is A System Mod PS3JailBreak Just MAde it all in A Usb This Is like an internal JailBreak My cousin Sent Me Link Its called PSGroove Just Like PS3JailBreak its a BackUp Manager Like Ps3JailBreak My COusin Had PSGroove SO heres how to make a PsGroove

Originally posted by another user
Today we have a friendlier tutorial for getting PSGroove up and running. There is no doubt plenty of questions will arise from people that have rushed out to buy hardware with not much idea of where to start. With that in mind we offer them a tutorial for the AT90USB1287 which should work just fine with similar products as well.

What you'll need to get started:

1. AT90USB1287 or associated product.
2. External storage device (USB Drive/SD Card/Memory Stick)
3. Atmel Flip 3.4.1 Software (Link).
4. Prepared AT90USBKEY-psgroove.hex.
5. Any homebrew .pkg packages you wish to install.

Software Preparation:

Start by installing the Atmel Flip software including the Java Runtime Environment if you do not already have this installed.

Find the directory where you have installed Atmel Flip for example (C:\Program Files\Atmel\Flip 3.4.1) open the USB folder and copy the file libusb0.dll and/or libusb0_x64.dll to the folder named bin. (You may need to disable 'Hide protected operating system files' for this step'

At this point you can place the homebrew.pkg file on your external storage device.

The software preparation is now done and you have also saved yourself time solving a simple problem, Good Job!

Hardware Preparation:

The next step is to plug the included USB cable into your AT90USBKEY and plug it into the PC. After some loading of drivers you will be greeted with a folder containing various demo packages and so on, go ahead and copy these files to your computer if you wish to make a backup.

Now you'll need to put the AT90USBKEY into a mode enabling you to program it.
1. Hold the RST and HWB buttons (Circled).

2. Release the RST button.

3. Release the HWB button

(Click for larger image)

At this point windows should start prompting you for drivers so direct it to the USB directory in your Atmel Flip folder for example (C:\Program Files\Atmel\Flip 3.4.1\usb) and you're done.

Final Hurdle:

You're now going to flash the .hex to your AT90USBKEY.

1. Launch Atmel Flip and select 'Awesome faceevice', Select the microcontroller that matches your board (In this case AT90USB1287) and select OK.

2. Select 'File' - 'Load Hex File' - Select your .hex file in this case AT90USBKEY-psgroove.hex.

3. Select 'Settings' - 'Communication' - 'Open'

(Click for larger image)

4. Click the 'Erase Target Device Memory button.

5. Click the 'Program Target Device Memory button.

(Click for larger image)

Fun Time Baby!

Remove any discs that are present within the drive.
Turn off Playstation 3 power switch or in the case of a Playstation 3 Slim unplug it.
Insert your microcontroller board into the bottom usb socket.
Restore power to your console.
Hit the power button and then the eject button.
Insert your storage device containing the homebrew.pkg into your Playstation 3 once booted.

Note: The above power cycling process needs to be repeated each time you turn on the console. A small price to pay for the fun ahead of us!

I hope this at the very least helps a few people out there and i hope everyone has their chunk of fun with whatever homebrew they choose to run.

For Images And Better Guide hers Official Guide

You must login or register to view this content.

So Baiscly its how To Make A Mod Chop Called PSGroove just like PSJailbreak Still Works After UpDAte Please Thank And +Rep

The following 2 users say thank you to ComoSexual for this useful post:

Gay For Satan, Shabiku
09-11-2010, 09:33 AM #11
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
i have ps3 on 3.41 but no psgroove
09-11-2010, 09:37 AM #12
Mr.Kane
Greatness
where can you get the stick? i may want to do this
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM #13
ComoSexual
Old Mutant Fat Turtles
Originally posted by Thomk79 View Post

I dont Google it?
09-12-2010, 03:35 AM #14
grishrak
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by RebornSkill View Post
OK Good Post Whats going On Keep this Thread Open i Think it Works After Update IDK

Well I'll try it on 3.41 and it does I'll try it on my fat since its on 3.42. It does work after the 3.42 update then the slim I'll keep for a future jail break chances.
09-12-2010, 03:54 AM #15
bigfishbad
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Thomk79 View Post

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo