Post: The reason why hacking trophies with editors doesn't Work (AT THIS MOMENT)
01-19-2011, 10:49 PM #1
ricardo18
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Why did this tool have to be released? There's already other working trophy editors, including mine. Hell, I've had released an application that allows you to modify timestamps to whatever you want. The point is that these tools and this tool are all useless, anyway, because they won't be synced successfully. So, why bother adding a different fancy application that serves the same purpose?

So, if you want to sync your game's hacked trophies successfully, you would need to somehow register these hacked trophies to your game's TROPTRNS.DAT (not to be confused with TROPUSR.DAT).

These tools that cannot sync hacked trophies only modify TROPUSR.DAT. This file may be unencrypted, but it's useless because the purpose of the file is displaying the trophies / timestamps information on your XMB. That's it, nothing more. In other words, this file doesn't really store your hacked trophies once you try to sync them over. TROPTRNS.DAT is the only file that holds your trophies information - it's like validating your trophies.

When you sync, the TROPHY server collects your TROPTRNS.DAT AND TROPUSR.DAT to store your actual trophies on the server. Since these tools only modify TROPUSR.DAT, the server will be like WTF? because your TROPUSR.DAT and TROPTRNS.DAT don't match.

And guess what? TROPTRNS.DAT is encrypted. So, you cannot modify it.

As far as I know, there are two methods to register hacked trophies to TROPTRNS.DAT:

1) Hook the run-time memory of a game with your homebrew, and then call a certain function with a trophy ID number from the NP Trophy Utility. Basically, call sceNpTrophyUnlockTrophy() with an ID (e.g. Trophy ID) and then the NP Trophy Utility will unlock that trophy and proceeds to congratulate you with the grey dialog and that sound. At that point, the NP Trophy Utility will also store the unlocked trophy / timestamp to your TROPUSR.DAT VALIDATED by your TROPTRNS.DAT.

2) Use the released keys to decrypt TROPTRNS.DAT. Modify it, and then re-encrypt it...

By Inaudax :hitman:

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

I think this is useful for all the users that may want to develop the .pkg and for the ones that are always asking for TROPSUR.DAT:bro:

The following 6 users say thank you to ricardo18 for this useful post:

gdnxp, GsNrg, HUYI82, jml, trophymodlover, VHS
01-28-2011, 11:40 AM #20
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
Great Information.
01-28-2011, 09:34 PM #21
good job ill put this to use
02-01-2011, 07:25 PM #22
ricardo18
Do a barrel roll!
Are there some good news?