06-12-2010, 11:05 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); BEFORE YOU FLAME:

I'm making this thread to hopefully spark some interest in an XP hack. I recently saw this post on TTG where this guy explained (VERY roughly) how to do an XP hack for RDR. I've tried to figure out what he was saying and I've done multiple trials but with no avail. I'm going to dissect what he said and break it down for you guys. I believe we are VERY close to figuring this out!
THIS DOES NOT WORK AT THE MOMENT I REPEAT, THIS DOES NOT WORK AT THE MOMENT!, and thats exactly why I started this thread. I did not steal this, I'm not taking credit for what that user on TTG found, I'm simply BRINGING IT TO NGU. and creating a waaay more easy tutorial to follow. so before you get mad at me for writing this saying its incomplete, try to make sense of that other guys tutorial on TTG and then tell me which tut makes more sense!

O.K. Let's Begin.

Let's start. First get on your PS3 and copy your Red Dead Redemption 'Multiplayer' file to your USB.

Plug it into the computer, and find this folder:
You must login or register to view this content.

Then open up your RAGE.SAV file up with your hex editor:

You should then see the SAV file opened and all of the characters:

Next, we need the Float to Hex Converter, link below:

Now here is one part of his post that I'm a little confused on:
Originally posted by another user
Just type in how much EXP you have into the box that says "CLEAR" at the end.

I'm not sure if he means how much XP in total you have, or how much XP you need to level up to the next level.

But either way this is what you would do.

Enter "how much EXP you have" into this box:

After you've entered the XP amount, then click the 'Not Rounded' Button to the right:

Then you will see a bunch of numbers fill all of the empty boxes.

What this has done was changed the numerical XP amount that you have over to HEX code. So under the 'Single precision' Category you take the HEX for the XP:

Then you Copy the FIRST 4 digits of that number.

Open your RAGE.SAV file back up in the Hex Editor, then hit CTRL+F to find, then change the search mode from text string, to hex values (this means it will search the entire file for that XP Hex code)

after changing it, paste the hexadecimal code into the search bar.:

Then it will automatically find that four digit code for your XP:

Now this is the part he didn't explain well.
Originally posted by another user
Then you'll change those 4 to "497424". Which means you'll start 1 byte before your current EXP.

The first time I tried this I once it was highlighted I copied his number 497424 and pasted it over the old XP Hex that was there.
Then I got this message:

I Hit OK and it changed the number but made the file larger when I saved it.

But basically all you would do after this step, is save the file and then safely remove your USB then plug it into your PS3 then over-write the old 'Multiplayer' save with the edited one.

Here is where we need to figure this out as a community.

First of all, we need to figure out if he means how much XP in total you have, or how much XP you need to level up to the next level.

Secondly, we need to figure out if the six digit code he provided us is even the right code. I don't know how he came up with that number. one possible thing is that we should figure out how much XP it takes to get to level 50 and put that number instead of the random 497424.

-EDIT-

Here is the exact amount of XP to reach level 50! 337110 then once it is converted to hexidecimal the HEX code is: 48A49AC0. I don't know if we should try using the whole code, or just the first four. but that's the exact amount for level 50.
TEST THOSE XP NUMBERS!

I've seen all of the threads asking for this hack for PS3, well this is our chance. let's all come together, post what we find. I do believe this method is the correct way, because the RDR Multiplayer Rank is saved in that SAV file. they don't save your rank online like Call of Duty does. So in the end we need somebody who understands a lot about HEX editing. Let's try to really work on this, somebody will find out how to do it we are so close. If you think I interpreted something wrong in his tutorial, take a look at his and tell me what you think.

Last edited by MATT23116 ; 07-05-2010 at 02:08 AM.

The following 17 users say thank you to MATT23116 for this useful post:

a24fan, ajbinky, andrewman18, Clutch Hunterr, DarkxVirus, Gen-Wolf, GoonerSam, halo reach, HSx9, ibombo, Light7vg-73olt, losefrag, Martin710, Obey69, PlayaCan, toppdogg93, TTG-MIKE
06-13-2010, 02:58 AM #20
mj45dog
I am error
i really hope this works ive been trying different strings also
06-13-2010, 06:13 AM #21
toppdogg93
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
keep up the work guys
06-13-2010, 06:57 AM #22
Bane_FTW
☢☢ Ҥд〤ʘЯ ÃŸдㄇƐ ☢☢
We need to CRACK THIS BABY!
06-13-2010, 07:59 AM #23
PlayaCan
Save Point
I tried typing the xp i need to get to the next level and then typing the hex value and saving the file, but that didn't work too. However the file size didn't change, maybe I did something wrong. I hope you guys can find a way to do it, I really regret that I went legend mode. :(
06-13-2010, 09:42 AM #24
not work for me
06-13-2010, 10:35 AM #25
Soapy
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by BREAKDANCER1 View Post
not work for me

The following user thanked Soapy for this useful post:

06-13-2010, 11:04 AM #26
Monky
Level 2 Trustworthy
Very interesting.
I will do tests to see if it works and then comment me the prints.
Thank you very much
Regards
06-13-2010, 11:32 AM #27
has anyone tried this without having the new patch for the game applied? dunno if that would affect anything..

- delete game data
- do this
- copy hacked file to ps3
- load game
- decline patch
- load into story mode
- choose LAN under Multiplayer in the pause menu
- see if it loads

(it WILL sign you out of your psn until you apply the patch..)

worth a shot? :whistle:

*@ work or i would try it
06-13-2010, 11:35 AM #28
I have located where the data for more than just XP is held however even editing that does not work, even after doing the theory above ^^.
I don't think I'm ever gonna figure this one out, we need HSx9 Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo