06-07-2008, 08:52 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I found this over at the playstation forums and it looks pretty good. Can't wait for Socom to come out.

You must login or register to view this content.

SECTION#1

This look to be a notification area for pm's and clan invites. Summarized alerts area.

SECTION#2

This looks like a simple calendar of scheduled clan events. ie. meetings, wars, etc...

SECTION#3

My tags from what I gather is a "bookmarks/history" section showing your recently visited sections for easy retracing.

SECTION#4

A simple friends list

SECTION#5

A simple search engine for clans and players in the Socom Community

SECTION#6

This is what I believe to be the badge area, as it give the display size in the empty window. I would assume that this means your badge will be uploadable which benifits clans with graphic artists. If so will there also be default logos to choose from or will there only be the ability to upload leaving it blank otherwise??

SECTION#7

The main header giving your personal information, clan name, the current Socom game your logged into, hometown etc.

SECTION#8

This is a tabbed out area to allow the user to view SECTION#9 summaries as full individual pages, as SECTION#9 is a summarized view of each tab.

SECTION#9

This is a summary of clan, rank, medals, in game instant replays?? (I hope..crossing fingers), and stats. The export to xml says that you will be able to embed the stats into personal web pages aka your clan website. This and the fact that you can see which game the player is currently logged into tells me that the Socom stats is a centralized database that will allow you to see all information being stored pertaining to any version of Socom your currently playing online. Finally you'll get your Socom 2,3,CA,C stats available outside of the Socom site. Hopefully us programmers will also find it easy to pull your "online status/current game" info out as well to display on sites so we can get rid of player location sections on our personal clan forums. (of course we'll all be on Confrontation..lol)

SECTION#10

A chart and graphical display of you hit percentage and areas in which you've done the most damage. The weapon dropdown selection box will presumably give you the ability to sort your hit percentage by weapon. This will allow you to find out with which weapon are you doing the greatest amount of damage, and which your most accurate with. Therefore you should pick the gun that best suits your playing style more often.

SUMMARY

If I had to guess I would say that this is the new web interface, simply due to the export to XML section. That is a dead giveaway.

On a whole it would seem as though some really useful items will be available to web designers and clans who utilize the web. We will finally get some useful information from the database managers of the Socom franchize. I think this is a huge step in the right direction.. not only for Socom but online console games in general.

The following 2 users say thank you to crick_head for this useful post:

HoLySniPeR-, NanuGama
06-07-2008, 09:01 PM #2
NanuGama
YouTube.com/NanuGama
Coool
Nice Looking
06-07-2008, 09:29 PM #3
Wow sick,it looks a little just a little like the syphon filter logans shawdow(the pic)and I think this one looks better(socom).
12-30-2008, 10:02 PM #4
hello how is it going guys
12-30-2008, 10:03 PM #5
Originally posted by head View Post
I found this over at the playstation forums and it looks pretty good. Can't wait for Socom to come out.

You must login or register to view this content.

SECTION#1

This look to be a notification area for pm's and clan invites. Summarized alerts area.

SECTION#2

This looks like a simple calendar of scheduled clan events. ie. meetings, wars, etc...

SECTION#3

My tags from what I gather is a "bookmarks/history" section showing your recently visited sections for easy retracing.

SECTION#4

A simple friends list

SECTION#5

A simple search engine for clans and players in the Socom Community

SECTION#6

This is what I believe to be the badge area, as it give the display size in the empty window. I would assume that this means your badge will be uploadable which benifits clans with graphic artists. If so will there also be default logos to choose from or will there only be the ability to upload leaving it blank otherwise??

SECTION#7

The main header giving your personal information, clan name, the current Socom game your logged into, hometown etc.

SECTION#8

This is a tabbed out area to allow the user to view SECTION#9 summaries as full individual pages, as SECTION#9 is a summarized view of each tab.

SECTION#9

This is a summary of clan, rank, medals, in game instant replays?? (I hope..crossing fingers), and stats. The export to xml says that you will be able to embed the stats into personal web pages aka your clan website. This and the fact that you can see which game the player is currently logged into tells me that the Socom stats is a centralized database that will allow you to see all information being stored pertaining to any version of Socom your currently playing online. Finally you'll get your Socom 2,3,CA,C stats available outside of the Socom site. Hopefully us programmers will also find it easy to pull your "online status/current game" info out as well to display on sites so we can get rid of player location sections on our personal clan forums. (of course we'll all be on Confrontation..lol)

SECTION#10

A chart and graphical display of you hit percentage and areas in which you've done the most damage. The weapon dropdown selection box will presumably give you the ability to sort your hit percentage by weapon. This will allow you to find out with which weapon are you doing the greatest amount of damage, and which your most accurate with. Therefore you should pick the gun that best suits your playing style more often.

SUMMARY

If I had to guess I would say that this is the new web interface, simply due to the export to XML section. That is a dead giveaway.

On a whole it would seem as though some really useful items will be available to web designers and clans who utilize the web. We will finally get some useful information from the database managers of the Socom franchize. I think this is a huge step in the right direction.. not only for Socom but online console games in general.

i dont get what the point of this is...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo