11-16-2010, 02:32 PM #281
ⒿⒺⒷⓇⓄ
At least I can fight
Thank's for this post. Awsome job.Smile
11-16-2010, 09:23 PM #282
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
Originally posted by patrick1994m View Post
I followed your tutorial, all I did was changing the name in coHost. I Compressed exacly how the tutorial says. I ended with a blackscreen. I'm from Canada and I'm on PS3. I don't if I can change something but anyways if someone can message me it would be appreciate. Thanks.

You had to done something wrong. When doing stuff like this the smallest things can end in error.

This does work 100%. Just try again, and make sure to take your time.

Originally posted by kennyspark3993 View Post
i have a problem. i extraxt the patch_mp.ff and see the 22 files but the file named "00014f51.dat" isnt there, im using mossy v7 and i was wondering if anyone could tell we what files thay are named to. Thanks

This is a "Tutorial" not me doing it for you. It shows you 'how' to do it by showing you an example. Not for you.

Use the same methods open files and look around you will find what you need.

Originally posted by Bry4nMW View Post
I haven't personally found the offsets for the COD4 .dat files, but I did put a small bit of time aside to find out what .dat files hold what information for COD4 and thought I'd share it for anyone interested.

_class.gsc~

0001987e.dat

~_class.gsc/_globallogic.gsc~

0001b571.dat

~_globallogic.gsc~

0001ec06.dat

~_globallogic.gsc/_hardpoints.gsc~

00022125.dat

~_hardpoints.gsc/_killcam.gsc/_hud_util.gsc/_spawnlogic.gsc~

00025c1d.dat

~_spawnlogic.gsc/_rank.gsc

000295f3.dat

_weapons.gsc/dom.gsc~

0002cbcc.dat

~dom.gsc/koth.gsc/sab.gsc/sd.gsc~

00030783.dat

~/sd.gsc/war.gsc/mp_backlot.gsc/mp_bloc.gsc/mp_citystreets.gsc/mp_convoy.gs

c/mp_crash.gsc/mp_overgrown.gsc

000338ec.dat

buttons_default.cfg/default_systemlink.cfg~

0000e0d7.dat

~default_systemlink.cfg/default_xboxlive.cfg/dvar_defaults.cfg

0000f7d8.dat

~ represent a break in the file between two(or three) different files. The break is indicated through the position of it as a prefix or suffix in the file name.

Also please note this is for a clean patch. There may be a small in consistency of where they roll over, but generally the .gsc's should be in the same place regardless.

P.S. 0000000e.dat is pretty much a junk file that just holds the map names and gametype information along with a warning for creating a save file and invalid disc errors, dlc info, etc.

I have not tried on COD4 I don't ahve that game, So I can't say if it works on their patches or not.

Originally posted by ManiiaCL View Post
Thanks after 4 times trying to edit a patch and finally did it thanks to ur tutorial

No problem. glad you got it.

Originally posted by jebro View Post
Thank's for this post. Awsome job.Smile

Thanks Smile
11-17-2010, 12:31 AM #283
DiJiTaLGoDz
Former Staff
Originally posted by kennyspark3993 View Post
i have a problem. i extraxt the patch_mp.ff and see the 22 files but the file named "00014f51.dat" isnt there, im using mossy v7 and i was wondering if anyone could tell we what files thay are named to. Thanks

some patches are like that, and i smoke too many drugs to remember them all. SO, with that said. this happens to me alot so what I do is just open like the last 10 files with HxD and then ctrl + e and go to length and type 61D and if the last 4 selected offsets are FF FF FF FF then that is the right file.
11-19-2010, 11:36 PM #284
iJokaa
Haters Keep Me Going Winky Winky
AHH FFS i put the patch on then the game loads and i get a error saying Hunk_AllocateTempMemoryHigh: failed on 17841257 bytes ( total 5 MB, low 0 MB, high 17 MB) please can someone tell me what i done wrong ?? would it be cause im UK and that patch in the pack could of been US??

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Originally posted by leukotic View Post
Nice tut! Pretty much how I do it except I do a few things differently. For one I use the length of 629 for my 14f51 file. Probably doesn't make any difference, but that is what I am used to.

Second thing I do to make the process a tad simpler is instead of making a new file (mission_recomp) I just pack it right back into the original mission_comp file. That way I don't have to re-edit the footer and header. I also have a pre-00'ed out mission_comp (with header and footer in tact, everything else 00) that I pack the 00000002.dat right back into so I don't need to do the extra 00 paste in stuff.

think you could help me out mate??
11-20-2010, 06:20 AM #285
i do everything correct(as far as i know) and the patch comes out to be 148kb and i know its supposed to be like 227kb and i i keep getting a black screen. someone help
11-21-2010, 09:38 PM #286
Nice tut !!! Claps
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM #287
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
Originally posted by iJokaa View Post
AHH FFS i put the patch on then the game loads and i get a error saying Hunk_AllocateTempMemoryHigh: failed on 17841257 bytes ( total 5 MB, low 0 MB, high 17 MB) please can someone tell me what i done wrong ?? would it be cause im UK and that patch in the pack could of been US??

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

think you could help me out mate??

Chill out with that stupid text. It don't help anything and will not get you help quicker.

That error means YOU coded the patch wrong. Absolutely nothing to do with this tutorial.

Originally posted by gstrang513 View Post
i do everything correct(as far as i know) and the patch comes out to be 148kb and i know its supposed to be like 227kb and i i keep getting a black screen. someone help

You did something wrong. Start over.
11-22-2010, 09:20 PM #288
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by gstrang513 View Post

your prob using a xbox patch Happy
11-23-2010, 03:10 AM #289
iJokaa
Haters Keep Me Going Winky Winky
Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
Chill out with that stupid text. It don't help anything and will not get you help quicker.

That error means YOU coded the patch wrong. Absolutely nothing to do with this tutorial.

You did something wrong. Start over.

i copied everything you done so many times. im not sure what i can be doing wrong. can it be something to do with the region?? i even copied the names you were doing lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo