02-02-2011, 08:31 PM #1
Thanitos
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, Sony released its crap software to us, and if you were of the unlucky ones that wanted to upgrade an HDD, you were screwed.

From what I understand 3.56 v1 was bugged. Now, the software is stored, or some part of it is stored, onto our system, not just the HDD.

If this is the case then, if you are like I am, and updated to 3.56 then decided to change hard drives, nothing will fix the solution because the software is saved to the ps3.

This leads to my conclusion that, the only way to fix the HDD issue if you already updated is to clean the ps3 internal memory of the v1 of 3.56, obviously this isn't simple because that would make downgrading easy as cake.

So, what is my next step. I am NOT paying 100$ for them to fix their screwed up software.
02-02-2011, 09:02 PM #2
Thanitos
Vault dweller
Originally posted by jooohaan View Post
try to update to 3.56v2 ?

No, it isn't that simple if you read the post fully
02-02-2011, 09:43 PM #3
xSpawn
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Thanitos View Post
No, it isn't that simple if you read the post fully

well actually i´m no programmer or stuff, but i think anything what was brought to you by a FW update can also be removed by one. so i guess you will have to wait till a new FW comes out, or you downgrade. Cause downgrades deletes just everything out of your ps3 unlike upgrading.
02-02-2011, 11:22 PM #4
Thanitos
Vault dweller
Originally posted by xSpawn View Post
well actually i´m no programmer or stuff, but i think anything what was brought to you by a FW update can also be removed by one. so i guess you will have to wait till a new FW comes out, or you downgrade. Cause downgrades deletes just everything out of your ps3 unlike upgrading.

I just got off the phone with sony, According to them, this error was caused due to 'in proper order of the installation' they said that I would have no choice but to send my system in to be fixed. This would cost me 99$ to have done. Though when I was talking to the lady she seemed like she was hedging when I asked her if 3.56 would cause this error, and at first she told me it would, then back tracked and blamed it on 'in proper order of installation'. I assume this means- you were an idiot and tried to install 3.56 on a new hdd on a ps3 that already had 3.56 v1 on it. sad day for you.

So anyone with error 8002F2b5, looks like we are SOL
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM #5
xSpawn
Do a barrel roll!
I just got off the phone with sony, According to them, this error was caused due to 'in proper order of the installation' they said that I would have no choice but to send my system in to be fixed. This would cost me 99$ to have done. Though when I was talking to the lady she seemed like she was hedging when I asked her if 3.56 would cause this error, and at first she told me it would, then back tracked and blamed it on 'in proper order of installation'. I assume this means- you were an idiot and tried to install 3.56 on a new hdd on a ps3 that already had 3.56 v1 on it. sad day for you.

Don´t wanna risk downgrading? I also would not Winky Winky
Oh by the way.. sounds like bad news for you ):
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM #6
Thanitos
Vault dweller
Originally posted by xSpawn View Post
Don´t wanna risk downgrading? I also would not Winky Winky

I cant downgrade I cant upgrade, I cant do anything with my system as of now
02-02-2011, 11:47 PM #7
DeAd_bLiTz
You talkin to me?

Download and install 3.56 ofw untill it works. people have already reported about it causing problems, just install the ofw again. :hitman:
02-02-2011, 11:50 PM #8
Thanitos
Vault dweller
Originally posted by bLiTz View Post
Download and install 3.56 ofw untill it works. people have already reported about it causing problems, just install the ofw again. :hitman:

I've tried so many times its not even funny. Right now I am trying the whole cut all power to the MOBO to reset it, see if that works
02-02-2011, 11:56 PM #9
DeAd_bLiTz
You talkin to me?
I've tried so many times its not even funny. Right now I am trying the whole cut all power to the MOBO to reset it, see if that works

Go to system update and goto internet, then itll say that u already have 3.56, all you do is press ok then accept the terms, and you download/ install the ofw, buddy its not that hard to do, if it still don't work, get a new ps3. Bricking won't do anything since your ps3 already f'ed. lemme know what you do if it works just in case something happens to me.
02-02-2011, 11:57 PM #10
Thanitos
Vault dweller
Originally posted by bLiTz View Post
Go to system update and goto internet, then itll say that u already have 3.56, all you do is press ok then accept the terms, and you download/ install the ofw, buddy its not that hard to do, if it still don't work, get a new ps3. Bricking won't do anything since your ps3 already f'ed. lemme know what you do if it works just in case something happens to me.

Not possible, its a clean HDD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo