06-09-2013, 07:54 PM #1
.James
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Set to release June 11th for USA and June 12th for Europe, Japan and Asia. Sony has bagged itself another new free to play game from Namco Bandai games. After Microsoft declined allowing the game to be published on their console (yes Namco asked them but they didn't want free to play), it is confirmed to be PS3 exclusive.

It was announced yesterday from a Gamespot E3 preview, and a trailer was released earlier today.

It is the first free to play console fighting game to ever be released, and the game will initially be released with 8 characters (more characters were shown in the trailer so there will be DLC fortunately)

The starting characters are:

Paul
Alisa
Law
Lars
Lili
Steve
Asuka
King

The game has new mechanics such as super and critical moves and combo breakers. There is also a levelling up feature, so you can focus your character on being more offensive, or more defensive. The special moves have very flashy effects, and another noticeable change is the "cuter" faces of the female characters Asuka and Lili.

Now, this all points to the possibility that this is a game is a test for Tekken X Street Fighter. The special moves are a definite pointer, and I'm not sure if any of you remember last year when Harada said he will be making the female characters have more "cuter faces". I think there's a definite chance that it is, and if so, it's very clever.

Official Reveal Trailer:

So yeah, discuss it here then guys!
06-10-2013, 06:36 PM #2
ozrik
Keeper
looks cool
06-10-2013, 08:50 PM #3
Meeky
Dark Knight
I enjoy tekken from the ps1 and am so happy its exclusive. Thank you sony.......
06-11-2013, 03:33 PM #4
Nice <3
06-11-2013, 05:58 PM #5
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by .James View Post
Set to release June 11th for USA and June 12th for Europe, Japan and Asia. Sony has bagged itself another new free to play game from Namco Bandai games. After Microsoft declined allowing the game to be published on their console (yes Namco asked them but they didn't want free to play), it is confirmed to be PS3 exclusive.

It was announced yesterday from a Gamespot E3 preview, and a trailer was released earlier today.

It is the first free to play console fighting game to ever be released, and the game will initially be released with 8 characters (more characters were shown in the trailer so there will be DLC fortunately)

Paul
Alisa
Law
Lars
Lili
Steve
Asuka
King

The game has new mechanics such as super and critical moves and combo breakers. There is also a levelling up feature, so you can focus your character on being more offensive, or more defensive. The special moves have very flashy effects, and another noticeable change is the "cuter" faces of the female characters Asuka and Lili.

Now, this all points to the possibility that this is a game is a test for Tekken X Street Fighter. The special moves are a definite pointer, and I'm not sure if any of you remember last year when Harada said he will be making the female characters have more "cuter faces". I think there's a definite chance that it is, and if so, it's very clever.

Official Reveal Trailer:

any idea on when the us and uk store will be updated? I have a US account and im from the UK and I have been waiting all day for this :(
06-11-2013, 06:14 PM #6
nookie_egg
Little One
Jin shoulda been f2p :(
06-11-2013, 06:27 PM #7
Fleek Designs
< ^ > < ^ >
Set to release June 11th for USA and June 12th for Europe, Japan and Asia. Sony has bagged itself another new free to play game from Namco Bandai games. After Microsoft declined allowing the game to be published on their console (yes Namco asked them but they didn't want free to play), it is confirmed to be PS3 exclusive.

Paul
Alisa
Law
Lars
Lili
Steve
Asuka
King

Official Reveal Trailer:

I used to love Tekken !!!! I have one Tekken Hybrid that is the last one I ever played. Smile)) I can't wait for this one !!!
06-11-2013, 06:52 PM #8
72ain
Gym leader
any updates when its gonna be available? just checked right now and not in the ps store.
06-11-2013, 07:45 PM #9
.James
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by HU View Post
any idea on when the us and uk store will be updated? I have a US account and im from the UK and I have been waiting all day for this :(

Originally posted by 72ain View Post
any updates when its gonna be available? just checked right now and not in the ps store.

It should be available to download right now on US stores! Let me know how it is!
06-11-2013, 08:25 PM #10
72ain
Gym leader
It should be available to download right now on US stores! Let me know how it is!

downloading right now.. its 1926 mb hope you guys got space for it

the game runs nice. played a match online and won even though not that good lol .. cant complain since its free but if you want more content then you have to buy it but other than that cool and plays smooth. has new features that i havent been familiar with such has character power ups.. keep up the work sony i wonder what next f2p game they release.
Last edited by 72ain ; 06-12-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo