Post: QUESTION about PS4 save editing without Save Wizard
04-25-2019, 09:55 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is a general question out of pure curiosity.

I've had a number of people on this forum and on Discord tell me that it is impossible to edit PS4 save files using anything but Save Wizard, and there are no other Hex editors out there, and no other ways to possibly get into and modify PS4 game saves, other than Save Wizard supporting it and opening up Advanced Mode for the game. So, my observation is that there clearly are games being modded that are not supported by Save Wizard. I've run into a few of them, where there are modded PS4 game saves online for games Save Wizard doesn't support. And yesterday I was playing the PS4 version of Dead Island Riptide (not supported by Save Wizard), and there were lots of people online with modded weapons. For those of you who have played that game on PS3, you know that modded weapons were common. They were not found in game, and the only way to get them (that I knew of) was to use a privately made, free save editor called "DISE" Dead Island Save Editor. But that save editor doesn't support PS4 (I talked to the creator of that save editor, and he was unaware that anyone had modded Dead Island on PS4, but was not surprised to hear it. He said it's not easy to do, but not impossible), and yet people all over the place have these modded guns. I asked them where they got them, and they all say someone else gave them to them, but ultimately someone had to hack their save file somehow, and it wasn't with Save Wizard. So the question is, does anyone know how it might have been done? Does anyone know of, or have you ever heard of, someone modding a PS4 game save without Save Wizard?
The underlying reason I'm looking for an answer to this question is, I'm trying to find someone to help mod a Profile save from the game Borderlands 2 VR. Save Wizard supports this game, but only for cheats related to the game save, not the profile (which contains the Badass Tokens). People keep telling me, if Save Wizard doesn't support it, it's impossible.
04-26-2019, 12:59 AM #2
Dean
Can’t trickshot me!
The Dead Island Riptide one is quite interesting. The reason behind why people seem to have "modded weapons" is that in a older patch, Deep Silver accidentally added the Debug menu to both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide. It was fixed quite quickly. (same day if I remember) So the modded weapons you see are people who took advantage of the debug menu.

As for other games, there is a person named KG971 which sells modifications for different games, and it is all private and his programs are all server sided like Save Wizard so there is something he knows that others don't.

The following user thanked Dean for this useful post:

YoYo_Theo
04-26-2019, 09:59 PM #3
Originally posted by Dean View Post
The Dead Island Riptide one is quite interesting. The reason behind why people seem to have "modded weapons" is that in a older patch, Deep Silver accidentally added the Debug menu to both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide. It was fixed quite quickly. (same day if I remember) So the modded weapons you see are people who took advantage of the debug menu.

As for other games, there is a person named KG971 which sells modifications for different games, and it is all private and his programs are all server sided like Save Wizard so there is something he knows that others don't.

Thanks for your reply, Dean. I have never heard of KG971. Just looked up his site. Interesting that I hadn't heard of him before. But it looks like he requires you to have an older operating system running on your PS4, so wouldn't work for me.

Regarding Dead Island, I'm not clear on what you said about the company accidentally opening up the Debug menu, enabling modded weapons. Are you saying this happened years ago, when these games were on PS3? Because, how would that explain the mods existing on PS4 too? PS3 saves cannot be used on PS4, and as far as I know there's no save editor for Dead Island on PS4.
04-27-2019, 02:29 PM #4
Frosti
Rookie
Just wanted to say thanks for indirectly answering the question I recently asked You must login or register to view this content.. I didn't do too much research about PS4 save modding before I purchased SW, so I thought its main appeal was that it was faster and/or easier to use than other software, but it sounds like it's the only software that can convert PS4 saves into an editable format. Since SW's editing interface is extremely limited, I've been using You must login or register to view this content. to search and modify the saves I export via SW. (I'm not affiliated with that program in any way, but I find it to be incredibly useful and robust for freeware.) It was only when I tried to use it on a "raw" save that hadn't been exported via SW that I discovered that SW was doing more than just speeding up the process - it was actually converting the saves into an entirely different format/layout. You can still open and view them in other hex editors, but they look completely different. Obviously, since SW has the market cornered, they're not about to give away their secret recipe, but I'm surprised that with so many tech-savvy people out there, nobody else has figured it out (or at least made the discovery public). Back in the day there were usually a few different products that consumers could buy for their console of choice (e.g. Game Genie, Action Replay, etc.).

Anyway, thanks for saving me from wasting lots of time trying to figure out why other editors won't display PS4 saves the same way!

The following user thanked Frosti for this useful post:

YoYo_Theo
04-28-2019, 01:19 AM #5
It is also possible to modify the games in jailbreakers up to 5.05, and nothing prevents from after making the modifications the person install the latest firmware, enter the PSN and have the saved sign for that particular user and this use this save in online matches.
I honestly do not think that's what happened to Dead Island, I just wanted to say that there is such a possibility.
Last edited by GelsonSilva ; 04-28-2019 at 01:21 AM.

The following user thanked GelsonSilva for this useful post:

YoYo_Theo
06-20-2020, 08:51 PM #6
Many games had a ps3 to ps4 cloud save feature. Like with borderlands: mod ps3 save with bruteforce and gibbed, load game on ps3 and upload progress to ps4. Enjoy modded guns on ps4.

And the ps4 saves are encrypted and somehow save wizard has gotten the private key, so its easy now for sw and still impossible for others who dont have the private key
06-20-2020, 11:42 PM #7
Vicodin10
https://discord.gg/save-wizard
Originally posted by YoYo_Theo View Post

Ps4 5.05 mod the game and transfer save.
works on some games but nothing new.
some 5.05 saves wont transfer either,
ps4 5.05 has to have a psn account activated on it.
did it on a few games for offline only.

but only savewizard can decrypt saves

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo