09-20-2017, 12:45 PM #1
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); For those who have purchased FFIX or plan to, please keep this request in mind as they play.* My most dreaded trophies are listed just below.* (Obviously this is in the hope that this game can eventually be re-signed.)

10,000 Enemies; Lvl 99 Chocobo Beak; Lvl 99 Character; 100 Tetra Cards wins; Excalibur II; and potentially BOTH Jump Rope trophies (note on this below)

As much as I love this game, the trophy list is no, just no.* And I'm tired of playing through Steam versions multiple times only to see the Steam version then ported to PS4.* I would not mind owning this on PS4 and possibly doing a speedrun through the story both for fun and to mop up whatever trophies I cannot get through the generosity of others' and their saves, but not with this trophy list, not without some help.* I've always played each and every FF game in the main series to 100% going back to the 80s, with the very big and notable exception of the jump rope in FFIX, as I could NEVER get that thing to the 100 count or even to 80.* It's supposedly much easier on Steam, and hence should be here too, but I'm also not in my 20s anymore like I was back when it came out on PS1 and have some medical difficulties.

Anyway, while what would be IDEAL would be a complete trophy set to pop all trophies, like Kyoshiro did for FFVII, I would settle for saves that can easily pop the worst trophies (in my opinion) which I listed above.* There are some other annoying ones in the game too that would make it more than just a speedrun -- I'm sure I don't need to name them to anyone planning on going for plat -- but it's still do-able without wasting too much more time on this (amazing, don't get me wrong) game than I already have (400 hours plus clocked in Steam, and who knows how many hours on PS1). *

For the jump rope trophies, obviously I'm not sure if that can work.* Maybe we'll all get lucky and the game will register it so that if you have already hit the 100 and 1000 milestones once, loading up that save and jumping rope again can pop the trophies no matter the outcome.* If not, even a save with quick access to jumping rope but wihout having yet done it (in case hitting 100 or 1000 already locks that save out of popping the trophy), and I could just load the save and go insane and beat my head against the wall trying to do this again, and again, and again, and again...* I hate Squeenix sometimes.* Usually Mondays through Sundays.

Many thanks in advance.* FYI, I've seen conflicting reports on which in-game cheats do and don't disable trophies, and am not sure whether those conflicting reports are due to a bug or just bad information.* It at least seems clear that the items and gil cheats disable trophies, maybe permanently for that save.* Happy frog-catching.

Above prepared at my direction for medical reasons.
09-21-2017, 02:20 AM #2
Dbarr74
Save Point
omg yes, the jump rope one. I would love for this one as well. I got the 100 trophy, just need the 1000 one. I don't care about the other ones, just this one.
09-21-2017, 02:21 AM #3
alielle3
Save Point
Unless there is some way to mod or use a save from here to pop the jump rope trophies then this game is a pass for me. It would be the only game with Final Fantasy in the name I won't have the platinum for so I'm hoping it doesn't come to that...
09-21-2017, 02:44 AM #4
Dbarr74
Save Point
I would imagine if you at least jump 100 ropes, it'd scan for trophies and pop it, but i'm not sure.
09-21-2017, 06:48 AM #5
Westers
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Dbarr74 View Post
omg yes, the jump rope one. I would love for this one as well. I got the 100 trophy, just need the 1000 one. I don't care about the other ones, just this one.

Would you be able to upload your save mate so we can see if doing one more will unlock the 100 trophy?
09-21-2017, 07:06 AM #6
Dbarr74
Save Point
I didn't think about it, I'm not even close to that point anymore sadly :/
Last edited by Dbarr74 ; 09-21-2017 at 07:10 AM.
09-21-2017, 08:45 AM #7
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
That jump rope trophy is a nightmare. I tried for six hours and couldn't break 55.

Not to mention I forgot about the moonstone you get from the queen at the beginning of the game so I'm probably going to have to do an additional playthrough on top of my Excalibur II one to mop up that trophy... This game has been a constant source of headaches for me.
09-21-2017, 10:06 AM #8
xestz
Keeper
Originally posted by Dbarr74 View Post
I would imagine if you at least jump 100 ropes, it'd scan for trophies and pop it, but i'm not sure.

Can you upload save so I can test? and which region?
09-21-2017, 10:32 AM #9
Dbarr74
Save Point
I'll keep you guys posted, at Treno now, once I can get back to the jump rope area, I'll upload a save and you can test it out.
09-21-2017, 10:40 AM #10
jameshird85
Vault dweller
If that doesn't work. Maybe it will be possible on save wizard if the game gets advanced mode. The gameshark made it possible to get the 1000 jumps on psone.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo