03-14-2017, 09:46 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi I used to write about the ability to read and modify the dump and decided to show you how to read the dump using a low-cost programmer for 3$.

My desoldering memory:
You must login or register to view this content.

My memory soldered on the stand to the programmer:

My memory programmer and attached to a pc:

The read and write memory dump:

Memory reading takes about 2 minutes record of about six minutes should also be aware of the hidden area to be read to be in the program options to enable her show talking about the area SECURED OTP.

Dump, of course, can be modified and saved in the eeprom.
To read and write, you can also use the finished clip to pull out the memory

The following 2 users say thank you to mateov3000 for this useful post:

BurtE, DMAAR-7777
05-09-2017, 12:57 PM #20
Out of interet, if you pull one of these serial eeproms from 1 machine and stick it in another (with blank hard disk), will it boot to safe mode?

The device id is going to be in the OTP, but is there is another chip that stores the device ID on the motherboard?

Then theres the MAC address? If that is stored in the wireless hardware it will the mismatch the eeprom, but will that stop it booting safe mode, and just make wifi not work?

I guess if it doesn't boot, try edit the MAC address in the dump to the one on the motherboard, if that works we know mac address is not used in any crypto/signed stuff and just the driver for the card.

It would be nice if we can take a broken box with an old software/unbanned id, and move it to a working box that has been banned, as this test will confirm/
05-25-2018, 06:05 PM #21
Hi...as per my knowledge AWG24 works, but is a bit on the large side. But if youre just soldering the 2 power-points, they work fine. AWG24 is a nice all-round size imo, except on very fine PCB soldering. 360 clip can be a nightmare. It doesnt always work, even reseating it countless times. You may waste more time trying to get it to work than soldering to the mobo.

Last edited by BurchSung ; 06-19-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo