02-22-2013, 12:43 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); More News:

Sony is making a significant leap forward with the underlying technology in the PlayStation 4, but according to Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida, it isn't limiting the company's ability to be nimble in terms of the console's cost.

You must login or register to view this content.

When asked if the company was prepared to compete with other consoles and hit a more favorable price, Yoshida said that Sony's decisions to use custom AMD hardware instead of its own proprietary Cell architecture has allowed it to save on R&Awesome face and production costs.

"The architecture choice we have made this time around has allowed us not to invest to create dedicated factories and conducting factories and things like that — so that helps in order for us to provide an affordable price to consumers."

While Sony has yet to offer a sense of what the system will cost, it seems as though the company understands that with the advent of gaming-capable sub-$200 smartphones and tablets, consumers are more cost-conscious than ever.

Thoughts?
02-22-2013, 12:48 AM #2
this bodes well for how much it will cost. if i had to throw some numbers out there, gonna say ps4 basic bundle will be 399$ and elite bundle will be $499. i also wonder how much the new DS4 will cost.
02-22-2013, 12:56 AM #3
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by xLew
More News:

Sony is making a significant leap forward with the underlying technology in the PlayStation 4, but according to Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida, it isn't limiting the company's ability to be nimble in terms of the console's cost.

When asked if the company was prepared to compete with other consoles and hit a more favorable price, Yoshida said that Sony's decisions to use custom AMD hardware instead of its own proprietary Cell architecture has allowed it to save on R&Awesome face and production costs.

"The architecture choice we have made this time around has allowed us not to invest to create dedicated factories and conducting factories and things like that — so that helps in order for us to provide an affordable price to consumers."

While Sony has yet to offer a sense of what the system will cost, it seems as though the company understands that with the advent of gaming-capable sub-$200 smartphones and tablets, consumers are more cost-conscious than ever.

Thoughts?

I will give them 1 goat 2 chickens and a sack of potatoes.

I think it is smart for Sony not to be to crazy with what goes into the system. I feel that they realized their mistake with the PS3 and may actually under-price this system. Not sure though.

I'm thinking for the high end system (Most memory 1-2 TB?, Extra USB ports and 2 remotes) $500 USD (550 after tax) sounds about right.
02-22-2013, 01:00 AM #4
xLew--
Former Staff
as long as i get a price well before kits released so i can save, im happy paying alot for it
02-22-2013, 02:38 AM #5
Yeah, Sony will act smart this time with their decision. I believe the price will be $399.99.
02-22-2013, 02:42 AM #6
Originally posted by xLew
More News:

Thoughts?

Should I sell my PS3 :|
02-22-2013, 02:59 AM #7
Originally posted by kazam
Should I sell my PS3 :|

yes i did haha. but now i am lonely lol.. but i sold it now so i could get the most out of it.
02-22-2013, 03:03 AM #8
Immaculate.
< ^ > < ^ >
Thanks for the info.
02-22-2013, 04:40 AM #9
Rrgm
NextGenUpdate Elite
I'm guessing there will be a $499 and a $599 system. Wouldn't mind the cost either.
02-22-2013, 04:49 AM #10
The price would be perfect at $399. However, the price would most likely end up dropping to the 200's as the months go by just like the PS3.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo