Post: Xbox Illumiroom - Your Living Room Becomes the Game
01-11-2013, 02:15 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); During Samsung’s keynote at CES today, Microsoft unveiled IllumiRoom, a new technology that turns the entire room around your TV into an extension of the screen. As explained on Microsoft’s official site, IllumiRoom uses Kinect and a projector “to blur the lines between on-screen content and the environment we live in allowing us to combine our virtual and physical worlds.”

Microsoft explains that IllumiRoom “augments the area surrounding a television screen with projected visualizations to enhance the traditional living room entertainment experience” and “can change the appearance of the room, induce apparent motion, extend the field of view, and enable entirely new game experiences." Kinect captures the geometry of a room and adapts projected visuals “in real-time without any need to custom pre-process the graphics.”

In a video demo shown off during Samsung’s keynote, Microsoft showed off several different applications of the technology, noting that the footage was “captured live and is not the result of any special effects added in post production.”
IllumiRoom appears to be the realization of the immersive display experience Microsoft patented last year, which aimed to make gaming “more realistic” and eliminating “out of context images” that sit next to your TV.

Whether or not IllumiRoom will tie-in with next Xbox or the next generation of Kinectremains to be seen, but Microsoft says more details will be revealed at the ACM SIGCHI Conference in Paris in April.

I myself think is this truly amazing! I hope Microsoft do tie IllumiRoom in with the next Xbox as this will add something the Playstation won't have on its list of things.
Last edited by Alt ; 01-11-2013 at 02:35 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Gobz, Nubz
01-15-2013, 11:39 AM #20
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Mr.Picklemixel View Post
It doesn't matter what the price is, I'll most likely save up for it and buy it. I won't even be disappointed if it's bad. Saved up and bought the new Xbox with kinect when that came out. I only really use them both for netflix but I like to see the advancements. The PlayStation vs Xbox thing annoys me, why not both? I know money can be a big issue but I saved a long time for the ps3 and I sold it to buy Christmas presents last year but I enjoyed trying it out. The only noticeable difference I found was the interface. I'm ranting... I'm a pc

The first time I tried to send this I pressed the wrong thing because I'm on my phone, the mobile version stopped working. I almost wrote the whole thing out again before realising there's that auto save function... Oh well

If you have or can save up the money to get both why not? I got both the Xbox 360 and PS3 when they came out. I hardly play my PS3 so I could of sold that really.

I would get this without a doubt.
01-15-2013, 12:54 PM #21
Mr.Picklemixel
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Alt View Post
If you have or can save up the money to get both why not? I got both the Xbox 360 and PS3 when they came out. I hardly play my PS3 so I could of sold that really.

I would get this without a doubt.

I'll definitely be getting the next generation Xbox and PlayStation. I've been thinking about getting the wiiU. O didn't really see the point in it at first but my friend got one and it's great for party games and there's actually quite a lot you can do with a second screen
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM #22
Alt
Banned
I'll definitely be getting the next generation Xbox and PlayStation. I've been thinking about getting the wiiU. O didn't really see the point in it at first but my friend got one and it's great for party games and there's actually quite a lot you can do with a second screen

I'v never seen the point in the Wii U and I'll never see the point in the Wii U lol.

I'll be getting the new Xbox and Playstation a few months after they come out. When the 360 and PS3 came out, they both had problems ie RROD/YLOD ect.

Plus the price would come down a little.
01-16-2013, 02:21 PM #23
Default Avatar
Dekaay
Originally posted by dripprollinkill View Post
me aswell shit.....

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

niceeeee.... bumpppp

aghhhha bummpp
01-16-2013, 06:38 PM #24
Mr.Picklemixel
Do a barrel roll!
I'v never seen the point in the Wii U and I'll never see the point in the Wii U lol.

I'll be getting the new Xbox and Playstation a few months after they come out. When the 360 and PS3 came out, they both had problems ie RROD/YLOD ect.

Plus the price would come down a little.

I see what you mean. But patience is something that I lack
01-16-2013, 06:58 PM #25
Alt
Banned
I see what you mean. But patience is something that I lack

Me too so I'll get them like a week later
01-17-2013, 12:21 AM #26
Mr.Picklemixel
Do a barrel roll!
Me too so I'll get them like a week later