Post: Developer on Xbox 720 always-online: “All I can say is be sure to pay your ISP bills”
04-08-2013, 10:36 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Xbox 720 rumours are flying thick and fast, and it seems the always-online rumour is getting more credibility.

Adam Orth, a Microsoft creative director, was found Tweeting about how You must login or register to view this content. and it blew up in a spectacular fashion. This follows a rumour by Kotaku where they revealed that the next Xbox will require Internet connection even to start games.

A developer who goes by the name Mr. Lake on You must login or register to view this content. has posted that: “Given that legally I cannot confirm or deny if this information is true, nor can I comment on rumor or speculation, all I can say is be sure to pay your ISP bills.”

So who is he, actually? Well with a little You must login or register to view this content., it has been revealed that he is a Senior Designer at The Workshop Entertainment. Here’s his You must login or register to view this content..

You can also find Mr. Lake’s Xbox profile You must login or register to view this content.. So now even developers are hinting that Microsoft will absolute go with always-online requirement, and considering the highly credible Edge also said the same thing, the Xbox 720 reveal in May should be highly entertaining.

Here’s a screengrab, in case that post gets vaporised.

You must login or register to view this content.

Thoughts..
04-08-2013, 10:21 PM #2
TheAvatarNawaf
Do a barrel roll!
to be online to play any game is stupid idea :(
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM #3
Alt
Banned
Sucks for people who are fixed into a contract with their ISP who have a limit on their usage.
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM #4
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Sucks for people who are fixed into a contract with their ISP who have a limit on their usage.

Amount of data used for gaming is little to nothing.
That said download a demo may be a bit screwed. Not sure it wise to do this but looks like a DRM measure against pirates. Which is worrying, MS should just lower overall prices of the discs if they are that worried about pirates.
04-11-2013, 10:42 AM #5
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Amount of data used for gaming is little to nothing.
That said download a demo may be a bit screwed. Not sure it wise to do this but looks like a DRM measure against pirates. Which is worrying, MS should just lower overall prices of the discs if they are that worried about pirates.

Really?

I don't know if this is right but because games will be getting bigger and better, the amount of data which the game will take up would be much bigger. So what if when you buy a game on disk form, it has half of the full game then you have to download the other half.

That would use massive amounts of data.

I'm probably wrong lol.
04-11-2013, 10:55 AM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Really?

I don't know if this is right but because games will be getting bigger and better, the amount of data which the game will take up would be much bigger. So what if when you buy a game on disk form, it has half of the full game then you have to download the other half.

That would use massive amounts of data.

I'm probably wrong lol.

Online gaming uses so little!
About 40kb/s for a couple hours worth of online gaming that nothing. A webpage uses more data Winky Winky

Game downloads on the other hand take up loads of data.
Like a demo or a beta.
04-11-2013, 12:09 PM #7
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Online gaming uses so little!
About 40kb/s for a couple hours worth of online gaming that nothing. A webpage uses more data Winky Winky

Game downloads on the other hand take up loads of data.
Like a demo or a beta.

Never knew it used so little! lol.

I have fiber and unlimited so I'm lucky in that sense.
04-11-2013, 12:24 PM #8
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Never knew it used so little! lol.

I have fiber and unlimited so I'm lucky in that sense.

ADSL FTW unlimited!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo