Post: Xbox 360 Sky Player Price Plan, Channel Listing & Shocking Truths Uncovered?
10-17-2009, 11:38 PM #1
Cute Poisen
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Xbox 360 Sky Player Price Plan, Channel Listing & Shocking Truths Uncovered?

It seems like one of the chaps over at Neowin.net has uncovered a few juicy bits of information coming from You must login or register to view this content. in all the XML data that feeds the Sky Player. To me, that literally means nothing - after all, I'm no techie when it comes to this sort of stuff, but speaking to our coding expert Aleks (AKA Routine), it looks pretty legit.

So what does it tell us? Well, aside from the channel listing and clear as mud price listing, the Xbox 360 Sky Player doesn't seem to be as free to Sky subscribers as they initially made out...

Channel Listing

G.O.L.D
Sky Real Lives
Sky Arts 1
Sky Movies 1 & 2
Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 and Xtra
Sky Sports News
British Eurosport
ESPN
ESPN Classic
Sky News
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild
History
Eden
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Disney Channel

According to the site also, "Sky 1 is missing from the Live channel list but under "TV on demand" Sky 1, Baby TV and Biography are listed."

Price Plan

Non Sky customers can subscribe on a minimum monthly basis which allows access to selected live channels and a selection of TV on demand. You can also rent or buy single episodes with no commitment.

The Sky Player TV Entertainment pack will cost £15 a month - includes live broadcast of over 20 channels (including National Geographic, ESPN Classic, G.O.L.D. and Disney Channel).

You can upgrade to include movies and sport for an additional cost (not specified though).

The Shocking Truth

Sky Player on your Xbox is only free to Sky subscribers who have subscribed to a Sky Multiroom account and/or a Sky Broadband Unlimited account.

All other Sky TV subscribers can subscribe to watch live TV on their Xbox 360 Sky Player for an extra £9.75 a month... something that Microsoft and Sky failed to highlight in the build up to its release. Probably because it's frankly ridiculous.

Despite it looking legit, we'll chalk it down as a rumour for now. We'll update you when we hear more though, but it does look like the Sky and Microsoft partnership isn't going to be as popular as once thought.
10-18-2009, 09:40 AM #2
wow i dont even think my dad has mulitroom is that where you have sky in your liveing room and a bedroom?
10-20-2009, 06:13 PM #3
wow man that sucks i cba payin for it, ty for info
10-20-2009, 10:22 PM #4
did you's expect it to be free? c'mon its microsoft were talking about!
10-20-2009, 10:36 PM #5
siiik cant wait

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo